Victor Jetspeed 12 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ahren92, Mar 22, 2016.

1. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    So many interesting comments. Visor questioned earlier why some of us were using JS12 because it's not designed for us. It's a good question and the answer is simple...we like it. I really have no interest in the technology behind a racket. I'm only interested in how a racket feels and plays. I know which specs suit me and which do not allow me to get the best from my skills.

Whilst I'm a coach, I don't have the time to practice my skills like players do. There are always areas I'd like to improve.

Yes, I can play with most rackets and have the luxury of having a number of different rackets in my bag. However, they are demo rackets and will eventually be returned to Victor. I own one racket...BS12 KRP. Having tested it against a standard KRP I can confirm the differences are not as big as some assume. Yes, it's a little stiffer and a touch more in the head. That's all. For me Victor culd have simply released KRP as the standard version and then we would all of been happy.

There are many amateur players (I'm one too), who make incorrect choices because they either want the racket the stars are using, or the top of the range because of the marketing. The most expensive racket does not mean it's the best, it's just the most expensive. It may be the worst racket for you. Most of the time, the best rackets are the ones that sit in the middle of the range. They have more flex and not as head heavy/head light. However, every player is different with individual tastes.

However, occasionally a racket comes along that is better than many of the other rackets in the range. Jetspeed 12 is one of those rackets. At the moment I am fortunate as I have both 4U and 3U versions to compare. These were sent to me by Victor Europe as they are asking for my opinion which weight to release in 2017. At the moment we only have 4U version. It would be wonderful if they offered both but it's not easy from a business point of view.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

2. adrian siswanto

adrian siswanto Regular Member

Hi coach, Great comment! Bythe way, can you make a comparison between the js12 and hx800 ltd power, which one is for defense and offense?

3. adrian siswanto

adrian siswanto Regular Member

Sorry, i mean which one is better for defense and offense? Between js 12 and hx800 ltd power

4. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    It's been very interesting over the last few months testing the ltd edition Hypernano 800. I got to play with the control version last weekend too.

It is sometimes very difficult to compare rackets, especially when I can't complete a proper side by side test. However, both have very solid hitting zones. Full marks to Victor here.

800 Power is stiffer. The 3U version i had is slower than 3U JS12 in defence. I feel that I hit harder with JS12 but that's my personal preference. I'm sure others will consider 800 Power is the more powerful racket in attack. I also feel JS12 is a slightly faster frame which is better for defence and faster, flat rallies. I enjoyed both around the net so not much to choose there.

I hope that helps a little.

Paul

5. jamesjjj

jamesjjj Regular Member

are you already comfortable with head heavy racket in MD? Because in my opinion JS10 is in a different speed class compare to JS12 (much slower). This means you gotta have the wrist power/endurance to maintain a fast pace game to main JS12. If you play fluid games with onigiri (very head heavy) then JS12 would be a direct replacement as I think it is better than onigiri in almost every aspect. I don't see any reason to go back to onigiri now I have JS12. But if you want a "backup" racket that is used for muscle fatigue then its a different story and JS10 might serve better. hope this helps

6. stcw219tan

stcw219tan Regular Member

Hi James! Thanks for your reply. I recently bought an onigiri after reading many good reviews about it from the bc forum thread. Due to my busy schedule i have yet to try it. But moving from 3u N55 Flame i think the onigiri shouldnt be a problem for me to maneuver. Oh by backup, means i only use it when my string bursts. I dont think ill change my racket when i fatigue, after all i only play for 2 hours at a time.

My concern with the js10 is that its sweet spot is quite small and i dont think at my current skill level, i am able to always hit the sweet spot consistently. Btw why do you say i would need to have more endurance and power to maintain the js12? Im looking to get a 4u js12 though.

I can understand why the js10 is much faster due to its smaller head, but i guess that comes at a sacrifice of the sweet spot. Currently i dont have the budget to get 2 rackets. So I'll probably pick either the js12 or js 10.

7. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

In what world is a js10 a go to racket when you are fatigued. It's the most demanding racket I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stcw219tan and visor like this.
  8. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

finally, I've had 2 sessions with my new JS 12 3u. The racket is fast(er) than my beloved Victor MX60 and it helps with the defense (block defense - not the lift defense). I don't know if because it's stiffer than my MX60 and BS11, it affects my smash (my mash with JS12 has the force but not the angles that I have had with MX60 and BS11) and my lift defense (the lift usually comes to mid court so my opponents are given chance to continue smashing). I switched back to BS11 and found the smash angle is better and all the lift defense came to the back of the court.

JS 12 has shined at the net with all the net spin and interception.

That's my 2 cents on my newly acquired JS 12 3u, hope that the problems will go away after my time of adjustment.

Sevex likes this.
  9. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

Hi guys,
    here are my first impressions on the JS12 4U.
    I came from a 4UJS10 which I really loved. But one reason for switching was the stiffness. I think the JS10 is not for everyone. You need to practice a while to get familiar whicht the smaller head and the stiff shaft. It surely it s one of the fastest rackets I have ever used.
    Now the JS12. It has a bigger sweetspot so it's more forgiveable.It is really easy to play with. The shaft is not that stiff. It's more flexible so you can generate more length in your shots.

Clear: really easy JS12 > JS10
    Drop: need to calibrate a bit JS12 = JS10
    Net area: JS12 = JS 10
    Smash: JS 12 > JS10 my opinion
    Defense/Drives: JS 12 < JS10 but fast enough for counter attacks.

The JS12 is my racket of choice. For me the reason to put the JS10 in my bag for spare. But the feeling ist very personal. Someone else could feel another way.

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Just came across the following clip and I thought that it fits in here (although there is not a single JS12 in there...):

Incredible how much the shafts of those BS12 are flexing - even if they are KRP's. The difference to the TK9000's seen in the clip is significant.

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nano fortify works. As much as any one might say it's a fancy tech thing thrown in. If you've played with a racket with it you would feel the difference in the shaft. Plus I'm pretty sure the TK9000 shaft has to be stiffer than the BS12 solely for the purpose of supporting the heavier head.

12. knielsen

knielsen Regular Member

Had my first two hours yesterday with the JS12, coming from the JS10 I actually feel that this is a better racket, it might a bit early to tell as im still recovering from about 10 hours of on court time during the weekend.

The power is better in my eyes, and im actually not feeling that it is that much slower, but that might simply be because of my body being worn down so I would have to take note of that for the session tomorrow.

One thing I did notice though is that I feel that it is more stable, from a smash it is faster to recover to a "stable" state, the JS10's that I had did tend to vibrate quite a bit.

Even though it is marked as flexier, it does not feel all that much more flex, and it definately plays more like a headheavy racket than an even balanced one.

From my measurements balancepoint is almost the same between the JS10 and the JS12 (My models), weight feels the same aswell, even during dry swings but it simply plays better in my eyes.

Wonderful so far

visor likes this.
  13. hieucdub

hieucdub Regular Member

Are your JS10 and JS12 4u or 3u? Can you share your weight and balance point measurements for us to see? Thanks

14. Jeremyng90

Jeremyng90 Regular Member

Guys need some advice ,

My previous racket is 3U NRZP which it broke by itself after the string burst , so currently I using a temporary well priced racket Carlton GPX-9 which turn up to be quite a nice and fast racket but lack of Zspeed smashing power.

I been waiting for Js12 for sometime so now it's available in my country and i faced another problem should I get JS12 3U or 4U ?

The question is if compared to my 3U Zspeed (with grip and string) and 3U JS12 , which one is heavier ? If both of them weight almost the same , then i would get the Js12 4U by next month.

My friend using 3U VT80 Etune which i feel it's a bit too heavy for my liking while my previous 3U Zspeed don't feel heavy at all. That's weird bcs few g actually make alot of different in 2 hours game.

15. shugaryl

shugaryl New Member

Measurements comparaison with JS10 4U / JS12 4U / JS YYS 4U / HX800 Ltd Control 4U (with original grip and string)

JS 10 : Weight 86g / Balance Point 305mm
    JS 12 : Weight 88g / Balance Point 310mm
    JS YYS : Weight 86g / Balance Point 303mm
    HX 800 Control : Weight 88g / Balance Point 307mm

Enjoy !

16. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Quick update...

I released a video on Youtube yesterday comparing JS12 and JS10. I also wrote my review of JS12 which will soon follow.

So, to avoid any confusion, my video reviews and written review will appear a little different in what I say. The simple answer is that I tested both weight of racket. I'm sure it will be apparent which weight I prefer from my comments.

All of my coaching team tested both weights during my residential course last weekend. They all agreed with me which version was the best.

Paul

stcw219tan likes this.
  17. Genkz

Genkz Regular Member

Hi Paul, when you say best, is it unconditional this time or are player-preferences still a thing?

My Problem is following:
    Having played an amortec 900p for a long time, i am now looking for a less demanding and faster racket, which does not rip off too much length in my clears.

Both the 900p and the s12 have a bp of 310 (if i am right informed) so could it be that i am more than happy with the 4u version or should i wait until Victor finally listens to your advices and release a 3u version for Eu?

Ps: since both seemingly have the same headheavyness, would i even get a less demanding and faster racket? You were a long time User of the 900p maybe you can offer a little insight in the differences of those two.

#597 Genkz, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  18. alexfun

alexfun Regular Member

Paul, how does JS12 feels as compared to HX800?

19. siongbing

siongbing Regular Member

When comparing bravesword 12 jetspeee 10 and jetspeed 12 i found a mysterious item. I open up the racquets gourmet and i found that there are some white substances inside the jetspeed 12 framr where thr other 2 frames are hollow. I also found that my li ning n9 arent hollow too. Could the white substance filling inside the frame are the ters. The item filling being responsible for the solid feel and no vibratiom feel and also for the power it packs in. Could anybody share their experience on this. Thx

20. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    in response to earlier questions, how we feel a racket is unique to each player. That's why nobody can accurately advise which racket to use.

Whilst both me and my coaching team all agreed which version of JS12 we prefer, this doesn't mean our thoughts have any bearing on what is the right version for you.

JS12 is relatively close to HX800 in stiffness however that's where the similarity ends. Js12 has a far more solid head. Head shape on JS12 is more isometric compared to the rounded head of HX800. From feel of hitting JS12 is a far sturdier and solid feel on contact with the shuttle.

I hope this helps.

Paul