*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

If they make a stiffer Wucht, then I'd totally try it out. Good weight target, and an easy balance to play with.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The problem with Adidas isn't that the have a bad range. I demoed nearly everything from them around 2013 and can say that the Adipower Pro is a gorgeous racket. The reason why I didn't own one is that I don't spend money for a racket from a rookie at the block if I can get a Yonex or Victor.
    About the situation in Germany I can say 2 things which don't make the customers buy it.

1st Reason:
    Their products are not widely available here and their shuttles are not approved for league games in many states. So why should clubs buy loads of their shuttles when they can't use it? The license for each model and each state for one season is around 1000USD. Peanuts for such a big brand. If their shuttles are good and the price it decent, most club would switch and make contracts with adidas. Without any approve, we are not allowed to use them, so we don't buy them. We are talking about GERMANY not New Zealand, Phillipines or Indonesia.!

2nd Reason:
    Professional Players. Adidas is very tight with their sponsorship. National and International players don't get a good support, they have shorttime contracts and don't get as much stuff and money like from other brands. This is important for professionals because if they are not Top 20 they can't survice well on their own. Source a chit-chat with a well-known german player who is ranked international, whose previous sponsor was Adidas. Now he is back to Yonex.

If a brand, which don't support their own athletes well, price their stuff about the market leader and don't have much interest and love to spend money for this kind of sports, I won't buy it. I don't support a brand which tries as new kind on the block to milk the cow, regardless how good their products are. My impression is that Adidas tries based on their name from other sports to infiltrate badminton to get more money.
    I don't made this experience with Victor and Yonex and know people who have a contract with Li-Ning. These brands support players well and even low-level players get a partly sponsorship. I got a sponsor pack once from one of these brands. Even Babolat always approve their shuttles for most states and every season and tries to make contracts with average clubs for the shuttles.
    IMO Adidas is not a bad brand and have high quality standards, but these moves don't make it easy to choose Adidas instead of a other big brand which is well known in badminton for decades and offers better availability, contracts and support for athletes.

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Thinking that adidas badminton is the same as adidas (and thinking they have the same financial situation) is a mistake imo.

Adidas badminton is (or at least it was in 2013-2014) just a small company that bought the rights from Adidas to use their name on badminton products. While they probably do have some money, I doubt they have huge amounts of it like adidas does.

4. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Agree totally, well written post. I'm a huge Adidas fan and have supported them greatly in buying tons of their products, all my running gear is Adidas, as is basketball gear, as is most my badminton shirts, shorts, bags until recently etc. I was very disappointed that they messed up the initial launch so badly. I just couldn't see why they would price their products with market leaders, that's what was the silly bit. I tried few of their rackets and they weren't bad, its just I would rather buy Yonex if Adidas rackets are the same price, simple as that. Their price of their strings,shoes and shuttlecocks were just ridiculous. I really hope they get it right this time.

With the advertising and branding, it didn't look like that it was a small project. They were launching 'ALL IN' for badminton. If I was Adidas, I would not be happy as the failed launch has not done a great deal for the brands reputation, its mostly negative. I would not let companies use the branding without checking whether they were going to be a success. Also if it was a small company, they went for everything, from rackets, clothing, shoes, grips, strings, bags, stringing machines etc. That's basically the whole range. They must have had some decent financial outlay.

I would have liked them to do a soft launch with hindsight and maybe release new rackets and shoes first, then add lines later if they are a success. I will monitor how they do it this time.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.

5. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

Quick question,
    Wheres the serial number on the duoforce. GOt one from MBS and i cant find it. Dont see any on pic posted on these forums either. Just curious.

6. Rebeca

Rebeca New Member

assistant
    Wooooow, I really want a pair like that!!!

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    who is managing the adidas badminton twitter account?

8. Juni88

Juni88 Regular Member

Geography Teacher
    Hm looking forward to that new range.

As mentioned elsewhere, I really liked the Adipower pro, something like VibeLess materials as I read on one of the previous pages doesnt sound that appealing considering I find the feedback and vibrations of their rackets one of the pro's.

Will the takeover also involve changes in the shoe line? They are widely available even outside badmintonstores so I have the idea it is kind of seen seperately from the racket, shuttle and stringlines.

9. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    I'm really looking for that T-shirt but so far it's a hell to get any conclusive answers in where I can find it. I asked it to that same twitter account, but they told me to look for it in their webshop or contact one of the resellers found on the Adidas Badminton Facebook page (through its store locator app). Ive contacted the only reseller here in The Netherlands, but haven't heard anything from it. I can't find the shirt in their webshop, so I messaged the Dutch Customer Care through Whatsapp. They told me that they don't offer it in their Dutch webshop and couldn't help me any further as there wasn't any specific information about that shirt whatsoever.

I messaged Adidas Badminton again on their twitter account and facebook page, if this shirt is from the new collection (and hasn't even been released yet), or that I'm too late (the post dates from March this year).

10. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Just ordered a yellow adizero pro 2 after trying an original and kinda liking it. Will slap on some bg80@26lbs and try it for a few weeks. Will report back!

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Why would you do such a thing :D

12. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

It was cheap as hell after discount, worth a shot :D

edit: and the yellow is not mega-ugly, just silly-ugly :p

#1932 thyrif, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  13. Backhand_Dave

Backhand_Dave Regular Member

whats the situation with adidas these days ? their presence other than on their social media seems non existent!

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Getting prepared to relaunch but when this will come is another question.

JunSuk likes this.
  15. Adam2D

Adam2D Regular Member

Sleep all day
    Hi currently im using Adidas Precision 88, very friendly user racket, is there any latest release in Precision series? Thank you guys.

16. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

By relaunching, do you guys meant this?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Adam2D

Adam2D Regular Member

Sleep all day
    Is there any difference with the previous version?

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

It's still the old version as far as I can make out.

19. Esteban

Esteban Regular Member

It's *completely* different...the first gen said "adizero pro" on the shaft, these say "adizero pro II"...so 2 times better!

I had a couple of the first gen adizero pros and quite liked them until they broke.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

My bad. I thought it was just a couple of decorative lines (viewed on a smartphone)! :D

To be honest, I am a little surprised because as far as I know, Adidas Badminton are starting all over again with a different team and almost certainly a different and new product range. However, I don't know if they will use the same names as the previous models. It would probably be unlikely. What sort of company would want to be associated with the negative image of an old product range?

Here is a theory...would the adizero pro II be the original version with an extra "II" put on afterwards? I.e. A con trick into selling old inventory. Pure speculation on my behalf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.