Victor Jetspeed 12 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ahren92, Mar 22, 2016.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

Wow... I can get one for $200 CAD (=210 SGD) locally... strung, taxes all in... but that's because I know the seller well...

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    What's the exchange rate?

3. visor

visor Regular Member

See my updated post.
    Dang you're fast!

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    It's 0841 and I'm at work doing nothing and damn. I could actually find it for cheaper here but for certain reasons I can't disclose the price. I got it for that much because I just wanted to give ny regular shop business. That and I could actually feel the product I was getting. Cheaper source has no such services

visor likes this.
  5. adrian siswanto

adrian siswanto Regular Member

2.050.000 idr which is 210 sgd or around 160 usd strung with nbg 98 JP isn't bad right?

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I do trust my colleagues, but not to such an extent - especially since they are mostly purchasing guys like myself who are by nature always looking for the smaller price tag (and who still call it "Federball"). ;)

The racket comes from a reliable and BC-approved source. I have an established process to get the badminton stuff to my couriers.

7. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Well it was bound to happen sometime. I've seen my first js12 strung with orange zymax. The nail in the coffin was the red string in, so I'm taking a break from club nights for a while until I recover.

8. LightningStrike

LightningStrike New Member

Onigiri 4U or JS12 3U? For double and better smash from the back :D

9. ahren92

ahren92 Regular Member

badminton nerd
    depends, what type of rackets do you usually prefer ? Onigiri and JS are both very different frames

10. ahren92

ahren92 Regular Member

badminton nerd
    depends, what type of rackets do you usually prefer ? Onigiri and JS are both very different frames

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

First session with my JS12 3U is over and I'm going to make this as short and painless as possible: It's not my type of racket.

As the specs have already indicated, it's suprisingly head heavy (you can feel those 43 g head weight...) which makes the shaft feel more flexible than on the 4U version I have tested a couple of weeks ago. Coming from the JS10 4U, I had massive issues to dial in the right timing. The frame is of course very fast given its head weight, but eons slower than a JS10 (in both 4U and 3U). If you get the timing right, you are rewarded with a decent punch which is also not much of a surprise given its head heaviness. On the plus side, it seems to have less vibrations and to be more forgiving than a JS10. The feel on impact is also more solid which is IMO the only thing that I wish to have on the JS10. My perfect combination: A JS10 with the hitting feel of the JS12.

I think that this is the moment to finally acknowledge that I have become a 4U guy and to remember once and for all not to buy any other 3U racket. In my very own personal opinion, I do think that the JS12 is better in 4U. It's noticeably faster to maneuver and feels a tad stiffer whilst the loss of punch in the overhead section is not a game-changer. I know that there are die hard 3U guys out there who will have the opposite opinion so I think that Victor is right to offer both versions - even if this might cause some extra confusion for the non-fanatic casual players out there.

Cycril, DarthHowie, Kiyoshi and 3 others like this.
  12. visor

visor Regular Member

Definitely, for most of us mere mortals who are not pro level doubles players, approximately 83g, bp 295mm mid stiff to slightly stiff rackets are the way to go.

s_mair likes this.
  13. miggybiggie

miggybiggie Regular Member

Agree!

14. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

4U 4U 4U!!!!!! Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. miggybiggie

Imagine when you switch rackets mid-game. Terrible. It was so difficult. Js10 and Js12 are totally different racquets. The margin just isn't close.

16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Fully agree. Switching from Js10 4U to JS12 3U will require at least one game to properly adjust. They are like night and day.

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    While I can understand what you're saying. I can't help but ask. Why must the margin be close? To me it's like comparing a ZF or ZF II and a VT70. They're from the same series. But no where does it ever state that one should expect them to do the same things but at lesser/greater degrees compared to each other.

I know people sometimes want something less demanding or tiring than what they enjoy using at first. But there's no reason why something is the same series is supposed to do that.

18. Kiyoshi

Kiyoshi New Member

Agreed! JS12 3U owner here.
    I always prefer 3U racket but for JS12 I am more into the 4U option.
    The head is much more heavier than my expectation for calling it Jetspeed.

19. miggybiggie

What i said was easy to understand. But i totally agree with everything you said.

20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I think the beauty of the JS12 and the call people have towards 4U right now is that so far the weights have been very consistent in the 84-85g range dry so far. It certainly fits the spec of the racket with that consistency while actually having decent head weight.

s_mair and esppy like this.