Yonex BG AeroBite

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by BengGuan, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Cazador

Cazador New Member

Has anyone had the opportunity to test this new string? Its been available here in Sydney for about a month now. I've asked my stringer and he said tackiness, power, and durability were all outstanding.

Strung at 26lbs, my BG66UM lasts about two to three weeks- then all it takes is a mishit to send it back to the stringer so I'm not unhappy with its durability. I like the thud, repulsion, and feel of the BG66UM too. Although I do wish it provided me with a little more control and a whole heap of tension retention (hahahaha), there isn't enough to persuade me to change strings yet. Perhaps some members could comment on how the AreoBite compares with BG66UM to help me make a better decision? Thanks.

2. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

I've not been able to get it from the two imports I use in Denmark, but they're both asking about them now. Some strings Yonex just don't import to our market, so they're a bit difficult to get. The biggest shop can then order them for special deliveries, but they have to buy a lot. Like a 1000 sets. So they really need to be sure that the string will sell.

I've been tempted to try a hybrid myself, of BG-85/AE, but I'm not sure that's the actual strings which make up the Aerobite hybrid...

3. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

Why not try out a hybrid mix of nbg98 and as61?

4. rudy.t

rudy.t Regular Member

Interesting concept ....

in tennis hybrid stringing is quite common, e.g. Roger Federer combines natural gut with synthetic strings (probably to combine power and durability with control).

The characteristics of natural gut and synthetic strings in tennis are quite different, so apparently that makes sense.

So I guess:
    combining 2 synthetic strings in badminton with just 2 different diameters will make a difference, the question is how big the effect is.

Looking forward to hear from somebody who really tried these strings out ...

5. FeatherBlaster

I don't think too many good players are friends with nbg98.
    Admittedly I've only tried it once a couple of years ago. But my take was that it was a very slippery string trying to offer maximum repulsion at minimum directional control and low grippiness (probably prolonging life expectancy).
    A string for the less experienced I'd say.

Please note my limited experience with it!

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep, no string more slippery than this. Feels like a fish. Impossible to control any shot.

7. selasarorg

selasarorg Regular Member

woow, this is great, what time yonex lauch this string??

8. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Hahaha...

Yet this is my favorite go to.

Lasts long, great ping, tension retention, and I can do spinning net shots with it.

Even for BG80, I would prefer the power version. Lol, I guess I'm a slippery man.

9. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I hope this string promises something better. They used to have Aerosonic but I think the problem was durability.o_O

#29 badmintony, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    Stein_r likes this.
  10. _lightson_

_lightson_ New Member

will try a combination of ashaway zymax 66 fire power for mains and yonex as for the crosses in the next days to see what happens. for me zymax 66 fire (power) is an outstanding string in terms of performance. i'm just curious if it even can do better... :D

maomaos2000 likes this.
  11. maomaos2000

maomaos2000 Regular Member

I thinking to do a combo with ashaway 66 and 62 fire since I got 2 roll of it.. yonex been product some good string but doesn't last that long, so I change to ashaway string which it pretty close to yonex..

12. cj0817

cj0817 Regular Member

Self Employed
    G-tone 5 with Aerosonic plays pretty well

maomaos2000 likes this.
  13. maomaos2000

Had G-tone 5 string, break within 3 weeks of using, ashaway 62 fire is about the same feel but last longer

14. FeatherBlaster

But 62F is not at all anything near .62 mm.
    It pings lower than BG85 (.67 mm)

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Can't agree with that at all. Having tested the 62F for over 12 hours and the GT5 for less. The GT5 is a clearly superior string which doesn't feel the same at all.
    ^ ditto

16. maomaos2000

I string my own racket and total agree with the quality of gt5 hold tension very well but shame it doesn't last as long I expect, I going to test anyone gosen string on my friend racket

17. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    they're nothing alike other than both being a .65

18. Loki7950

Loki7950 Regular Member

Student
    [​IMG]

The red string provides stability for the aerosonic. But the feel of it is pretty good. Especially with the Nets and drop shots

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

19. tanman49

tanman49 New Member

Tried a set of these AB strings in my NR800 (mains@24.5/crosses@26lbs),and it felt like a totally different racket. Previously used BG 68Ti, 62 original & 62 Fire but didn't the same feel/amount of feedback. Overhead shots, including the backhand felt to require less effort. Had the same comments from other who tried that racket/string combination.
    Strung a different racket (AT900 @25/27) but the improvement just wasn't there! It may be that the sweet spot for me, tension wise would be 24.5/26. Maybe it is just down to a different tensions, model of racket or possibility a combination of these two factors.

20. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I am currently testing this string. The red mains are the Aerobite string and white cross is Aerosonic. So, essentially this is only part new string. I saw Axelson was using it at Danish Open.

I have done a lot of testing with hybrid stringing and it does work if you can find the right combination. One of the top players I string for used Fire 69 and 66 combination at 30/31 for some time although he has now settled on all 69.

For me there is quite a lot of vibration from this string which i have at 27/28lbs. Touch is excellent and I haven't struggled to dial in power. Considering I break cross strings within two weeks it will be interesting to see if Aerobite can last this long.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk