Yonex DENMARK Open 2016 : FINALS (23rd October)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open 2016' started by CLELY, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Crazy stuff.

2. hellohello

hellohello Regular Member

I have the proof. JUst that I had better not put it here to avoid controversy.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Zheng Siwei looks a bit too serious, Chen Qingchen is more relaxed, I guess she is an easygoing, cheerful and lively character, and it shows.

nilesh123 likes this.
  4. hellohello

Tong Sinfu – A Wasted Pearl Of Indonesia…
    18 juin 2011, 06:45
    China defeats Indonesia in Thomas Cup 2010…

Members of China's team pose with their trophy after the final match against Indonesia at the Thomas Cup badminton championships in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on May 16, 2010. China won the match 3-0 and claimed the title.

According to XinHua news:

KUALA LUMPUR, May 16 (Xinhua) — China swept Indonesia 3-0 to win the Thomas Cup men’s team badminton championship for the fourth straight time here on Sunday.

Lin Dan of China won the opener against Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia, 21-7 and 21-14 in 44 minutes, before Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng downed their Indonesian peersMarkis Kido and Hendra Setiawan 25-23, 16-21, 21-12 in the men’s doubles in 59 minutes.

In the men’s second singles, Chen Jin rallied from one set down to beat Simon Santoso 19-21, 21-17 and 21-7 in one hour and 13 minutes to complete the sweep.

<p>Tong Sinfu – The man behind the victory…</p>

Tang is the man who responsible for the winning of China’s team. With his magical touch, he makes China into a badminton giant in this modern era.

The sad part is Tang was Indonesian…

The fact is Tang was born and grew up in Teluk Betung, Lampung, Indonesia, March 13, 1942.

”In China, my name is often called Tang Xianhu or Tang Hsien Hu, depending on the respective regional dialect. But, my parents gave the name of Tong Sinfu”. While still dealing with Indonesian national team, he got the name of Fuad Nurhadi.

No less than thirty years he became a badminton coach. His career began in late 1979, when he started to retire. For six years, Tang had trained China’s female players. Among them are Li Lingwei and Han Aiping. Two of the best China’s female badminton players in the 1980s.

Then in 1986, Tang started to train Indonesia’s players. Initially, he did not handle Pelatnas Cipayung’s players. He coached at the Bakrie owned club, Pelita Jaya. He was paid USD 750 per month, at that time. After that, Tang was transferred to Pelatnas Cipayung and began to coach there.

At that time, Indonesia’s legendary players were still there at Pelatnas Cipayung. Liem Swie King, Icuk Sugiarto, and Hastomo Arbi were among them. Later, he midwifed the birth of Indonesia’s golden generation of players, like Alan Budikusuma, Ardy Wiranata, and Hariyanto Arbi.

In fact, Tang also delivered Alan Budikusuma to win the gold medal at the Barcelona Olympics in 1992. Susi Susanti was also winning the gold medal at that time. ”Indonesia’s players at that time were different from the one now,” he said.

“They were of better quality”. “Also, they have a spirit and willingness to be a champion” said the 68 years old coach. ”My philosophy as a coach is not the coach who must be good, but the player himself. The trainers task is only to help” he continued. Hendrawan was the last Indonesia’s player who had been handled by Tang and also had won the world championship.

In 1998 he decided to return to China after his petition to became a citizen of Indonesia (WNI) was rejected. ”Why did it (the refusal to become WNI, Red) have to be discussed again. That’s already an old story,” said Tang, who now is settled in Fuzhou. ”At that time, I’ve been trying desperately to become a citizen, but was still not granted. What can I say” he said.

In China, Tang did not directly train the national team, but started as Fujian Province badminton coach. Shortly thereafter, he trained the national team. At the 2000 Sydney Olympics, he saw his protege, Xia Xuanze, surrendered at the hands of Hendrawan who was also Tang’s protege while he was still in Indonesia.

However, Hendrawan who just won a silver medal in that Olympic final after was being defeated by Ji Xinpeng, another China’s player. At that time, the success of Hendrawan was because Tang’s instructions. Conversely, the success Ji Xinpeng who had beaten Hendrawan was also thanks to Tang’s instructions.

After that, Tang has toke these players to their success, Lin Dan, Chen Jin, Bao Chunlai, and Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng.

How sad is above story ???…

He could have been Indonesia’s greatest badminton coach…

He is truly a pearl who have been wasted by Indonesia…

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    OK. Usually such things won't be a secret. China has good gossip channels.

6. hellohello

Okay understood and I have already pasted the proof above.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You learn from trying situations like these, good for the youngsters' development.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What a mishit from Chen Qingchen at GP...

9. hellohello

The Legend of Tong Sinfu

Tong Xinfu daughter who is a born in Indonesia has been a great women doubles player for China.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe the CHN youngsters will remember this match for a long time, how to handle pressure, overcome adversity, stay calm, control your emotions, relieve some tension and become mentally tough in the process - it should stand them in good stead in future.

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Exactly, AY, CQC, HBJ all of them. They also surprisingly have same body structure and hairstyle :p

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    OK. A very authorative source.

nilesh123 likes this.
  13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    who is his daughter ?

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Tang Jinhua is from Jiangsu.

She is not from Indonesia.

15. hellohello

Legend Tong Sinfu

He is born in Bukit Kemuning, Indonesia, March 13, 1942. He was a former Indonesian of Chinese descent. He is a single player Indonesia Era 1960s. He is the Asian Games champion when it was initiated by Bung Karno when Indonesia withdrew from the United Nations.

He also teamed with Tianhsiang Chen and Chen Yuniang a former player of Chinese legend as well.

He was the coach of Alan Budikusuma, Ardy Wiranata, Heriyanto Arbi and other Indonesian Legend of the future yield fantastic results and all the titles of the various events are always obtained his men.

However, since there is the tragedy of the massacre and expulsion of anti-Chinese, he moved out of Indonesia and become a permanent China citizen in 1997 with his wholevfamily including his wife and his daughter Tang Jinhua.

He was then appointed as the manager of China and is the man behind the success of Cai Yun / Fu Hai Feng, Lin Dan, Dong Jong, Ji Xinpeng, Xia Xuanze Wu Dixi / Lin Ying and many more. And he received honors from the state last stopover.

Tang Jinhua who is Tong XInfu's daughter was born in Indonesia and she is now a huge success at her young age and lately won Denmark SSP and French Open Super Series with Ma Jin.

Hopefully there is no longer a national asset that is neglected and forgotten by this nation and in this beloved country.

16. hellohello

His daughter is Tang Jinhua as stated in the article posted above.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The CHN youngsters look somewhat disappointed. Don't take it too hard, it's only the beginning of your career,still a long way ahead, a lot more to achieve, the badminton world is your oyster.

18. hellohello

Sorry I found this article online. There are also many articles online saying that Tang Jinhua is born in Indonesia. Sorry I cannot post all the articles here. I think those articles must be correct cannot be wrong.

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    What about Tang Yuan Ting? Any relation? Cousins?

20. hellohello

Okay sorry I think we need to drop this discussion of Tang Jinhua. I know that it is controversial to talk about it. But so many news online about Tang Jinhua born in Indonesia. There are also so many photos of her wearing batik. She even wished people Happy Batik Day too. That I think has obviously pointed out where she was born actually.

Sorry for saying this. I also want to drop of this controversial discussion.