Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Exact spot for me, I've broke about 3 BRS Lyds framing from a smash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

My old racket is looking like breaking, been mainly play doubles using the Voltric 70 4u which I love as it suits my attacking style which great for fast defense and then counterattack.

Sometimes use my other VT70 3u which is a bit heavier and slower in defense which I don't use too much as it does get bit tiresome after a few games.

What do you guys think I should get the BS12 in 3U or 4U is better for me?

Does it feel more even balance or is more slight head heavy like my old VT70?

Any other recommendations that would suit BS10, MX80, MX80N or JJS....( has anyone play with the original mx80 vs MX80N not sure they are same as original spec)

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    If you like the VT70. You should look at the TK6000, 9000 or Onigiri. Everything you've listed is nothing like the VT70.

justinloong and visor like this.
  4. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

Would the TK 6000 & 9000 be head heavy rackets? I'm not a real fan of too head heavy rackets thats why I find the VT70 every so slighly head heavy but light enough and fast for defense.

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Get them in 4U. They're head heavy enough. Frankly anything head heavier than a VT80 is not fully usable by majority of recreational players.

justinloong and visor like this.
  6. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

I had a look at the TK6000 its in the head heavy kind of racket like zforce they say.

Previously I was using MP99 so do tend to be more balances thus why I was thinking I'm more in the BS12 range or MX80N??

7. adrian siswanto

adrian siswanto Regular Member

Bs 12 and mx80 is totally a different racket. Bs 12 is suitable for speed players, the power is not really big but it is very good for defense, fast drives, clears. Mx80 is for a hitter, it packs a lot of power but you must have a quite strong wrist to bend this racket. If you suit with vt70, i never play with this racket b4, but maybe you can look for Jetspeed s12 or bs12N. Bs 12n is not the same like the original bs12 bc i feel like it is stiffer and produces more power. Bs12 is better in defense meanwhile bs12n is better im offense but the spees is about the same. This is a little from me, Cheers!

8. adrian siswanto

9. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

Thanks this really makes the decision easy... now only to find a BS12n or Mx80.

If Mx80n is not available anymore what is the next replacement for Mx80 in Victor range... maybe Mx90?

10. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

Adrian sounds like you used all these rackets and know much about them. Do you still play with these models or which have you upgraded or replaced with that play similar now?

11. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

IMHO, since you come from a vt70, I'll strongly suggest VT70e which is almost identical in terms of specs and more assessable in the market now.

Although I don't have any experience with BS12 or BS12n, but I used to own a mx80. MX80 is a totally different thing compared to VT70. Although both of the racket share almost identical head weight, but the MX80 is one of the stiffest racket out there right now. Which makes it a very tough racket to handle.

I would suggest MX60/70 rather than MX80/JJS if you're looking for something more similar to your VT70. But if you wanted to try something out of the range, just give it a shot!

Hope you find your desired racket soon! Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. adrian siswanto

Hmmm.. mx 90 havent used it before. But many people say that this racket is much more forgiving than the 80. But im not really sure bout this racket because it is not selling really good in the market.

13. adrian siswanto

Yeah i still like to use all the rackets that i have mentioned. Hmm.. mx80 is almost impossible to find these days. If you want to try out the mx90, go for it. The specs is closer to vt70, racket that you are suited. Me myself suggests you bs 12n, mx90 or maybe Jetspeed 12.

14. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

Not sure I can find BS12n does anyone still play with the blue BS12 3U just wondering do you guys find much power in the racket or is it too flexible and difficult to get decent power compared to VT70 4U?

Is there a massive difference in the stiffness of BS12n vs BS12 blue?

Maybe I should go the BS12L is that any different from the two above or just a different paint job?

15. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

I find that the BS12N is slightly stiffer than the BS12 blue. Some people may find that its the same stiffness. I find that I can generate more power with the BS12 blue than the BS12N. The BS12L has a smaller grip size than the BS12N and BS12 blue. I have never tried the BS12L so I can't say anything about how it performs compared to the other BS12's

16. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

So your BS12 blue is your still go to main racket? How do you describe your level style game do you and mainly in MD,XD or singles?

As don't want to get this racket if its just the Korean MD players are using it and its the same color but doesn't perform for us as its a different version.

17. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

I play mainly MD attacking style. Your play style and what you use the racket for all depends on the player. There is no "singles only racket" or "doubles only racket" they are all badminton rackets used to play badminton. If you feel the racket is right for you then go ahead and buy, if not then don't. It doesn't matter if only the Korean MD players are using it, Sung Ji Hyun is using BS12 blue and she plays singles.

18. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

Which version you have 3U or 4U and have you play with both which do you prefer?

Most said 4U is too light do you concur?

19. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

I have the 3U. I respect anyone who has the 4U, but i don't understand why you'd want it in 4U

20. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

I tried to locate the TK6000, 9000 or Onigiri but there is no stock so was keen on trying MX90 as alternative but also sold out.

Any alternatives to the MX90 and has anyone use the TK8000 how does this feel compared to 6000,9000, MX90 & BS12 as some say flex similar to BS12?

Hoping the TK8000 is not a VT80?