Thaihot CHINA Open 2016 : FINALS (20th November)

Discussion in 'Korea Masters / China Open 2016' started by CLELY, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

No CHN winning in the final is truly rare. Please enjoy it while it lasts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

As I predicted Sindhu won the title. Congrats to the Silver OG medalist. SN can retire now comfortably.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    No she won't, in fact the competition will be a motivation for SN to perform even better. Just hope she gets her fitness back and then they can add more badges in their lustrous career together

4. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

It's interesting that your thought process associated a reference to cheating with the 2012 Olympics...

But actually I was referring to:
    https://www.change.org/p/badminton-fans-cheating-chinese-umpires

5. esppy

esppy Regular Member

I noticed quite a while back Justin L backs the Chinese wholeheartedly, speaking up vehemently whenever the Chinese are concerned.

I wonder why. Just a nugget of thought.

6. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Amazing. Not just women's singles anymore that China are not winning! Some people are going to be sore!

7. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

Which is the direct result of his own strategy, I suppose?

Is it correct, that there are no Chinese players in the India league this year? Are they not allowed to go, or?

I guess by now, it is clear to everyone why JOJ got auctioned off as the most expensive MS player of the lot :) India do know their badminton!

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Not unexpected.

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Agree, because the seniority and his reputation as double world champion and Rio gold medalist but at the end the anticlimax culminated at finale when Jorgensen played beyond expectation against the passive and under pressure home favourite.
    Yup, the positive note is Gideon/Sukamuljo clinched their third title in Superseries circuit, hopefully they can maintain consistency in next tournaments as this duo are expected to replace Ahsan/Setiawan to be one of elite pair :)

Owi/Butet are back on the winning track, credit to new Chinese combo Zhang/Li too as they pushed the vast experienced Olympic Champion into tough match yesterday.

But, he didn't deliver, he looked like mediocre player instead of the Olympic Champion.

Both of them have same destiny.

After created excellent result in Frech Open to scoop 4 of 5 titles through new generation, a nightmare happened at homeground event, first ever zero title in 30th edition of China Open, a huge blow for the host. Bad omen started from WD losing then Sun Yu succumbed to Rio silver medalist P.V. Sindhu and the most humiliating defeat was arrived in MS category, the Olympic Champion Chen Long even couldn't force rubber games against Jan O Jorgensen. On last tie, Zhang/Li who knocked out some top ranked pair including current world #1 & 2 en route to the final couldn't save China face, lost three games to Ahmad/Natsir.

10. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

CL can't deliver under pressure. after watching Chn lost WD and WS earlier, and knowing XD match is not in favour of the host, he is the only hope Chn has to prevent the unthinkable happen.

Let's see how he fare in the next Thomas Cup.

11. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Is it wrong to support their favourites? I don't think so.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In that case, its the errant umpire concerned and another one who did the same to He Bingjiao, nothing to do with CBA or Li Yongbo. I myself have spoken out against it, no Chinese, or anybody for that matter, will tolerate such flagrant violation (they couldn't have forgotten there's Hawk-Eye available), shameless and disgraceful, tarnishing the nation's reputation and image as well as hurts the goodwill and hospitality of the host, nobody in his right mind will allow it. The sponsors should be very angry too, bad publicity for the prestigious event they are associated with.

Hope BWF will take stern disciplinary action against the two umpires concerned, reprimand and bar them from officiating any tournaments for at least one year, if not ban for life.

gelopisan and nilesh123 like this.
  13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I noticed that since the introduction of Hawk Eye and challenges, umpires doesn't overrule line calls anymore.
    They leave it to the players to use their challenges.
    The umpires should use their authority to correct a bad line call if he spots one.

14. esppy

esppy Regular Member

They still do.

Remember not all courts are fitted with Hawkeye, and lower tiers don't have it at all still. They are still needed for the overrule.

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Ah..yes on courts without Hawkeye and lower ties but not on courts with Hawkeye.

16. esppy

esppy Regular Member

It's human nature to have backup. And also helps to avoid controversial overrules while being caught on screens throughout the world. The awkwardness.

If I were umpiring Court1, I would be happy to let the players challenge the linesmen's calls, and execute the umpire's right for Hawkeye challenge if the linesman gives me a unsighted sign. No need to bear any responsibility.

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yeah..you are right.
    The umpire might be worried if he overrules the linesman and the losing party challenges and it shows the umpire was wrong.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Why is there no similar petition in Change.org in He Bingjiao's case ? Where is that second umpire from ? Even more brazen coming after the hoo-ha in the JPN WD incident. Hypocrisy and double standard ?

If only change.org was around during the 2015 Summer Universiade held in Gwangju , South Korea, and in the KOR Open and GPGs in the past, and perhaps a few other tournaments elsewhere.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The umpire, whoever he/she is and from, has no right to turn down a player's request for a challenge unless the player concerned took too long to do so, that is not immediate.

Even then, I'd suggest the umpire err on the side of caution, should I say liberality, and give the player a bit more leeway (time) than what is commonly understood by 'immediate'. Why not ? For the sake of openness, transparency, fairness and justice to obviate any doubts in anybody's mind. I mean, sacrificing a couple more seconds to uphold the integrity of the sport is worth it.

Vijay P. likes this.
  20. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

https://www.change.org/p/badminton-fans-cheating-chinese-umpires

Petition raising link is here.

The chinese umpire name is "CAI FENGJIE".

Evidence of Cheating/Unfaithfulness in Video:

48:08
    1:03:51
    1:06:28
    1:26:06

1. The refusal of the rightful challenge of the Japanese (for a shuttle confirmed to be in).

2. The granting of every single request of the Chinese to change the shuttle despite the disagreement of the Japanese server.

3. Chinese time-wasting tactics and endless request to mop the court, all of this is unacceptable and has no place in a Premier Superseries Tournament.

Similarly, anybody have Hebingjiao vs Sindhu's match ?

He bingjiao should have been allowed to challenge. I think the umpire is from Bulgaria? I dont have any idea. Any organisers who are members here can guide ?

nilesh123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.