Yonex LD Force 2016 LIN DAN New Racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Jul 14, 2016.

1. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

The input from people who can play 'jump smashes and are amazing' would be great, and these would reflect the majority of us. I'd expect most people here to be able to play jump smashes (or else why would you be following all the latest rackets?) The problem is: why has no one who can play good smashes disagreed with the majority opinion of the relatively low stiffness?

Yeah sure age and style has a role to play. This is very obvious and I don't think I need an example.

I'm not saying he isn't credible (for this topic), that's for another war with the Victor/Yonex alleged bias on BC, which is outside the scope of this topic.

2. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

I'm not sure a problem exists here. We can all agree that different people prefer different racquets. Good smashes come from skilled players, not a particular type of racquet. One of the players at my club uses a flexy ZSPD and his smash is the hardest out of hundreds of players I've played against.

Perhaps you think the LDF is not stiff enough for you. I also find that it is not stiff enough for me either. However, we should remember that this is just our personal opinion and the LDF is still considered a pretty stiff racquet. Let us simply enjoy the racquets we prefer, and allow others the same.

As a final note, leaping and jump smashes do not necessarily make a great player. I am that type of player, and I have been beaten convincingly without being smashed at once. Some of my friends own a number of high end racquets and have not performed a single jump smash. That is ok, most of us just want to have fun and don't play for a living . We should take the opinions of those that are professionals seriously, as they likely do know what they are talking about.

Cycril and badmintony like this.
  3. jwcho1123

jwcho1123 Regular Member

Student
    Definitely agree on the ZF1 being VERY demanding in doubles front court play. The weight of the racket makes it especially difficult to intercept fast/flat shots at the front of the court (at least for me). I would always be a bit late to these shots and end up mishitting which led to constant string breakage.

4. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Ya know, the Z Speed has the record for the fastest smash tested in a lab... Maybe not the best example ;)

5. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

It's like saying Z Speed is all brawn and no brain:p

Is it really correct to say the "fastest racket" or it's more like the most powerful racket because it can generate such power to propel the shuttlecock at such high velocity? I was wondering what it's gonna be like if let's say someone like a young Arnold Schwarzenegger do that test instead of Tan Boon Hoeng:D

6. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Haha, maybe not. I was simply trying to make a point that flexible doesn't mean less power. That being said, I don't think it made his smashes any harder. He was an advanced player that excelled in everything from drives, defense, serves and overall game strategy. It was definitely nothing to do with the racquet. :D

7. Vinman

Vinman Regular Member

Nutritionist
    Well I just received my LDF and love it! I am 48 years old and can't quite generate the same power as I used to, so this racquet with the less stiiff shaft and bigger sweet spot in the head frame helps me with that!

8. Kamon

Kamon New Member

Anyone can compare the LDF to VT 80Etune?

edenzer likes this.
  9. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Haha I don't think zspeed is any where near to a flexible shaft. I have one and it feels stiffer than my zf2.

10. Junye

Junye Regular Member

If you got something against Paul, you could ignore his feedbacks about the racket. He's just giving his personal views and thoughts about the racket.

The perfect racket is only perfect to the beholder.

LDF is a pretty good racket in my opinion that I bought one. Of course don't take my word for it... Try it. if you like it. You buy it.

Of course, you could buy a LDF and contribute to the thread too! Tell us how you feel about the racket.

#410 Junye, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Ralph Hua likes this.
  11. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Really? It feels very soft to me compared to the hard feel of the ZF2. Again, everything feels soft compared to the steel racquet I started with. Talk about a shaft that almost doesn't bend at all! How do you like the LDF? :)

12. Junye

Junye Regular Member

@dave010 your quote "most of us just want to have fun and don't play for a living" is very honest.
    Out of the three, i probably feel LDF is the most flexible.

Before buying, i borrowed my buddy's LDF to test. The experiences varied quite a bit as i tested his racket many months apart.
    The initial impressions were excellent. comfortable to use. able to execute good powerful smashes. (yes jumping ones)

Months later, i decided to get one too (4UG5) ....
    At the moment I only played like half a dozen games with it. (probably less than three hours) so i would need more hours to give an more accurate personal review.

But using my other racket ZF2 as a reference, here are some of my initial thoughts. (some of which is probably similar to Paul's experience)

i. LDF is an comfortable racket to use.
    ii. The swing motion is faster than a ZF2 (due to the fact it is slightly less head heavy).
    iii. A little less powerful. (probably due to the more flexible shaft)
    iv. Drops,net kills are easier to execute compared to ZF2
    v. I am not fully enjoying the clears with LDF. it's like 'slapping' the shuttlecock. ZF2 clears feel better and sounds better.

I won't be commenting much on the smashing. I changed to the thin Victor cloth grip and still adjusting to the thin grip. Not getting the same Ooomph from smashing when i first trial the racket. (friend was using cushion wrap)

Have a game tomorrow evening.... hopefully it will be a good session.

OK... must put disclaimer: my experience might not entirely be same as yours... or potential LDF buyers, so don't flame me.

13. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

It was done on the end of page 8. Hm, maybe I am wrong about Paul if most people aren't competitive players. I just straight up made that assumption on the basis you wouldn't bother searching for top end rackets if you don't play at a competitive level. In that case, it could be 'good' for you. I can see how the moderately head heavy, decent speed and flexibility can attract older players.

14. jojojoe75

jojojoe75 New Member

Accounts Manager
    How you define competitive level?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

15. Junye

Junye Regular Member

he meant....

[​IMG]

maybe xiaoqiao is Angus Ng. :eek:

then again. probably not. he plays doubles only.

dave010 likes this.
  16. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Lol Angus was my classmate. Yeah, I'm not at all a good player, but at least I can play at a level where it's actually proper doubles strategy.

Competitive-a level where people actually fight for the attack, and drives are the most common shot played in the game.

17. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

Super excited to string and test these bad boys out!

4UG5

[​IMG]

#417 Chan1011, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    dave010 likes this.
  18. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I'm still wondering what would be the "best' string and at what tension for my LDF 4U. With the BG65 it currently has, it does so well for me already but I'm really tempted to push this racket's potential a bit more in terms of the string to use. Any suggestion is welcome:)

I play both offense and defense by the way, but I love to smash a lot:D

19. skhai91

skhai91 Regular Member

Engineer
    With this baby equipped, resisting to smash will be the hardest thing to do on court ever!

20. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

There's nothing wrong with BG65, it's down to personal preference, many pro's use this string! Also the tension is your own preference and style, you need to test to see what you like most.

dave010 likes this.