Clamps for a Gamma 600FC

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Brendan Pontow, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Brendan Pontow

Brendan Pontow New Member

I have just inherited a gamma 600FC stringing machine with tennis clamps. However, I want to be able to use it to string my badminton rackets. These seem to be the only clamps that will fit the machine. I am relatively new to stringing and haven't had my own machine before. Thanks

http://www.atssports.com/tennis.cfm?product=3025

The badminton clamps that they sell say they do not fit the 600FC model. Does anyone else have any information about these clamps or a cheaper suggestion? 140 dollars a clamp is quite expensive. Thank you!

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Could you please post a picture of the machine and especially the clamps and bases? Quick google-research for Gamma 600FC showed me this result:
    [​IMG]

And if yours is the same, then I feel like there will be some issues getting decent badminton clamps at all.

3. Brendan Pontow

That is the exact machine I have. If there are no good options, would the universal ones I posted previously work as badminton clamps?

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I use gamma universal clamps. For the most part they're fine. The only problem is on racquets with heads that are smaller than a full ISO (z speed, z force, oval racquets, etc.). For those racquets I have to use flying clamps on the crosses because the universal clamps are too large.

Edit: @s_mair has a point. The universal clamps would work for badminton, but I don't think they would work on your machine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#4 decoy, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hmm. At least I don't see a way to mount the Gamma universal clamps (or in fact any other state of the art clamp with a "pillar mount") on your machine. Just look at how the clamps are attached to the rods that act as bases. Therefore I've run out of options and maybe there are others in here who might help you out.

#5 s_mair, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  6. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    Get a couple of Yonex flying clamps if you want to use that machine for badminton. It's probably the only solution.

DarthHowie, decoy and s_mair like this.
  7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Oh... yeah.... that's the easiest and by far cheapest option.

decoy likes this.
  8. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Attached Files:

Brendan Pontow likes this.
  9. Brendan Pontow

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I guess it only depends on the rail diameter. Would be worth writing an e-mail to the shop asking for some details.

Yonex flying clamps (this one: http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25_62_153&products_id=521#.WIbx3X0lh40) holds 25 lbs. with ease. I would say that even 30 lbs. are not an issue.

11. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

Those rails clamps is pretty much standard in term of diameter. I have ektelon machine which I have eagnas badminton clamp, Tennis prince clamp and a old ektelon clamp they all fit perfectly. Just put on clamp and use it. Pretty much sure it will fit your machine. I even seen people using winn clamp on ektelon machine. It seems all the manufacturer agreed on the diameter of the rails. It seems to me that eagnas is a little bit cheaper than 50$.

http://www.eagnasinc.com/maxline/tools.html#glidebar, 39$

But the cheapest road to go is with Yonex flying clamp. only 15 gbp each at stringerworld. too bad you are not in montreal canada, otherwise we can buy together and save on shipping. Flying clamp is just slower to start but afterwards it's a lot faster. People say it doesn't hold tension as well.

12. Brendan Pontow

Thank you everyone for being so helpful. I think I will try flying clamps for now. If I don't like them, I will try the glide bar clamps from eagnasinc or the badmintonshoponline. Thanks again :D