Tang Jinhua (汤金华) / Tian Qing (田卿)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by kelana, Jun 28, 2015.

1. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Tang Jinhua (汤金华) / Tian Qing (田卿)

Let's talk about this pair.

Tang Jinhua (汤金华): born January 8, 1992 in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province; height of 1.70 m

Tian Qing (田卿): born August 19, 1986 in Anhua, Hunan Province; height of 1.68 m

After Wang Xiaoli/Yu Yang era, in addition to the shiniest star in the WD discipline at present as the BWF commentators Gillian Clark and Stuart Pedersen said, Tang Yuanting (who is currently still has several partners in WD), this newly formed WD pair, Tang Jinhua/Tian Qing, is the one most fascinating to observe in WD pairs.

This pair is rather unique that both players are playing the relatively same function in the sense that there is less dedicated role who plays as the front-court player and the back-court one. They are more relying on their dynamic rotations compared to the many WD pairs, watching them moving around on court as if watching the dancing players :)

They started their international debut as a pair at the 2015 Star Australian Open Super Series whereas they took the runner-up position losing to Ma Jin/Tang Yuanting and got the top one at their 2nd tournament one week later at the 2015 BCA Indonesia Open SS Premier. From these two tournaments they earn WR points of 18,800, put them at WR #60.

Having these impressive maiden results and watching their very convincing actions on court, I will say that there are much more to expect from this steady pair (yes, I believe they will be permanently paired from now on) and the opportunity to play in the 2016 Rio is widely opened.

2. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Few recent pictures of Tang Jinhua/Tian Qing (Q2 2015)

Tang Jinhua - Tian Qing (2015) -pano.jpg
    Tang Jinhua - Tian Qing (2015) 00 Xinhua.jpg

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    thanks, kelana. I like them too. Maybe they will make it to Rio.

MAIN201505302232000424677556446.jpg

#3 pcll99, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  4. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    I'm looking forward to watch this pair in the future too. More aggressive than other WD pairs with their rotating and good attacking play. In their partnerships before they partners were both the players who cleared a lot while these two were looking to end the point earlier from the backcourt. And now both have more freedom to play the net, too, while they got the "your mistake" look from partner before when making errors.

It will be very interesting to follow their path from now on. Chances to go to Rio together are brigther than most think imho.

They also deserve to be in the spotlight, as they both played with higher decorated / celebrated players in ZY and BY before.

5. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    @ KB@TB Em, what you just said is so true.

Other than their qualities of play and achievements, I am also quite impressed with their on-court attitudes and easy-going.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

CHN is really spoilt for choice in WD, until now they haven't firmed up their two best combos, still mixing and matching various players from tournament to tournament, the only fixed or regular pair being the Luo twins.

For this pairing, Tang Jinhua can also partner well with Zhong Qianxin who in turn also pairs well with Yu Yang. As of now, Tang Yuanting is right on top, it's a question of finding the best partner for her to make the sure-fire winning combination; my guess is Ma Jin at the moment.

Not too sure if Zhao Yunlei will play both XD and WD, esp when Zhang Nan is possibly going to do double-duty in XD and MD (with Fu Haifeng). I 'd expect the picture to become clear after the WC in August if not by year end latest.

7. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

This pair surprised me. I didn't expect China to pair them up because none of them are particularly spectacular at the front or mid court. But seeing their performance at Indonesia Open changed my opinion of them. They are very adaptable and performed their roles very well.

Hope to see more of them and if possible, go Rio.

They remind me of the Wang Xiaoli/Yu Yang pairing, but possibly without the weaknesses of the Wang/Yu pairing. If it's really so, they could be very lethal.

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    They are both hard workers on court. I think Tian Qing can get slightly over anxious in trying too much at certain times during a rally.

I certainly would like to see more of them. I agree neither one has a standout feature of their game but they don't have a standout weakness either.

9. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    POST Tang/Tian's Successful Debut in Their Very First Two Big Tournaments (Mid 2015)

Tang Jinhua/Tian Qing are again taking parts in the world grand prix series after their very successful debut as a pair in two back-to-back tournaments: The Star Australian Open 2015 (SS, end of May 2015) - Runner-up, lost in the finals to their compatriot Ma Jin/Tang Yuanting with 2-point margin in decider; and BCA Indonesia Open 2015 (SSP, early June 2015) - Winner after convincingly defeated the host pair in the finals.

Unfortunately, their next two back-to-back tournaments drew them against their compatriot pairs in rather early rounds:

- Victor Korea Open 2015 (SS, mid of Sep 2015): lost to Ma Jin/Tang Yuanting in R16
    - Yonex Open Japan 2015 (SS, early of Sep 2015): lost to eventual winner, Zhao Yunlei/Zhong Qianxin in the QF in straight yet both sets were by 2-point margin

Their upcoming tournament will be SCG Thailand Open 2015 (GPG, end of Sep/early of Oct 2015), being seeded at #5, there they won't face any compatriot pairs at senior levels, only the junior ones, thus they've good chance to achieve better.

Look forward to seeing another successful campaign of this fascinating pair (unlike the dull higher rank Luo twins or the phasing-out WXL/YY or even the underperformed MJ/TYT), a highly prospective candidate for the 2016 Rio OG, and so far they're unbeatable by any foreign pairs. I am hereby taking the chance to say it out loud much early... ;)

10. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Any news on TJH? Can't recall now the last tournament she was in.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Tang Jinhua has registered to play WD with Huang Yaqiong at the upcoming All England. Hope no last-minute withdrawal as what happened to her last few tournaments.[​IMG]

Btw, just in case you mixed up Tang Jinhua with Tang Yuanting of whom there's still no news of her comeback. TYT's last appearance was a brief attendance in the CBSL (China Badminton Super League) sometime in Jan 2017 mostly as a bench warmer though registered to play for a certain team.

12. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Nope, it's TJH :) She was good paired up with Ma Jin and Tian Qing those years back. Looking forward to see her in AE then.

As for TYT if I'm not mistaken I think I read she was 'retired' so she won't be fined for not playing.. because of what, exactly? Why isn't she playing?

13. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

TJH would play better with Bao Yixin. I think they actually reached world #1 ranking, didnt they?

14. visor

visor Regular Member

IIRC reading somewhere, she (and her parents) had set certain goals for her badminton career (because she's apparently a very good student, for example she speaks English very well) so when it didn't work out as planned with Yu Yang (and we all saw her mini outburst on TV during the interval), she decided to take a break to reassess her priorities.

15. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Why would anyone give up the oppurtunity of becoming World/Olympic Champion of Badminton for anything else?