2017 Yonex All England Open SSP - OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

First off, I'm not a "dude" lol

Second, the topic of LD's level of effort at the German open has been discussed extensively - read for yourself.

Third, despite VA being what 10 years younger, LD still managed to spank him yesterday. Why are you still talking?

2. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

LOL, "best" in what? There is a reason we have all these Super Series Finals, World Championships, Thomas/Uber/Sudirman Cups, Olympics, etc. So that different players are given a chance to "peak" at different times and under different conditions.

E.g. Chen Long is still NOT regarded as "No.1 MS" in China because he has yet to lead China to victory in any TEAM championships (and also why Li Yongbo is so hated despite all the titles China obtained under his "reign", cos some people think fostering/preserving talents is more important than titles)-- so damn all those Chinese and their "collectivist thinking" in considering team championships more important?

Mmm, still drinking all the salty tears of "stats-obsessed" fans....

3. Firas

Firas Regular Member

Like I said, it's always interesting and humorous to see how China or LD-haters answer such a relatively easy question. They always never fail to digress, go off tangent, or try so hard to justify their own prejudice and bias. It is like as if they are on some crusade to advocate a better world without Chinese and their methods.

I like the Chinese team at the moment because they are in my view down-to-earth, not too ambitious, cool and most importantly, makes the game more interesting. You hardly see any Chinese players lose their temper, throw their racket in disgust, insult the umpires, disrespect their opponents, scream, etc. these days. It's like they are sending out a message that there is more in life than winning all the time.

The worst nighmare for China-haters is for China to get too ambitious and dominant all the tournaments again. May they will; maybe they never will but it would not be the end of the complaints either. Can't please everyone all the time. 别在鸡蛋里挑骨头

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Actually despite Chen Long's 'unpopularity' in China for having lost three team majors - the two Thomas Cup and one Asian Games for which he receives a lot of brickbats and been called names, eg 'team insect,individual dragon' - he still has a significant following in China and in other parts of the world but nowhere near Lin Dan's, of course.

After Chen long's rousing success at Rio'16, Li Yongbo disclosed he deal with CL different from the way he handles Lin Dan whom he sometimes scolds, quarrels and even threatens if he is dissatisfied with his performance. For CL, he would not talk to him immediately after his flops but leave him be for a while and then talk to him nicely, encourage and even commiserate with him, nothing harsh.

Generally, it may be true Chen Long is not the kind of sporting heroes that have a wide appeal unlike his famous compatriot Lin Dan whom is regarded as all-conquering, all-winning, imperious on court, the 'I came. I saw. I conquered.' type, most fearsome, intimidating and dominant as in his heyday.

But Chen Long's appeal is of a different kind. His is a public persona that is very likable, agreeable, a softer image, endearing, adorable in a kind of way, sort of childlike innocent look. If I may illustrate, as when 1) he was faulted for serving above the waist and how did he reacted in protest? He tucked in his shirt in a gesture to the service judge to see clearly where his waist is while smiling wryly all the time, or 2) he was outfoxed at the net by his opponent, then affected an innocent, helpless look before giving his opponent the thumbs up, or just look at how he usually celebrates his victory upon winning the final point (I won't attempt to describe it in detail, go check it out yourself) , nothing in-your-face or outlandish but overly emotional he was as when he fell to his knees, went limp and crying like a child but shedding tears of joy while his coaches try to 'console' him and couldn't help grinning as they helped him up at the same time (recall Rio'16 final, WC'15, WC'14). To me, that look of seeming disbelief on his face when he just won the big match scoring the final point is priceless.

No matter what, one thing is for sure, which coach would not gladly have Chen Long ? Imagine if Chen Long could offer his services to any other MAs, I can safely and confidently say, all the Head Coaches would be falling over each other to get him. Bet my last dollar on it.

Firas likes this.
  5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Relax, he finds Huang Yuxiang more interesting than Lin Dan. Don't disturb his world.

Firas likes this.
  6. ngasu

ngasu Regular Member

if ld loses, ld fans will say:

1. ld not playing 100%

2. ld does not have motivation

3. the title is not important for ld

4. ld is old now

5. ld does not want to humiliate lcw in final

6. ld gives a chance to compatriot youngster

7. ld saves energy for more important badminton event

8. ld is more interested in other thing than badminton

9. ld already has so many titles. no need to add this one

10. ld does not want to win

11. lolololololololo

7. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

The All England Open is held in England. In Europe. But the stream is not available for UK, Germany, Switzerland, etc. That's ridiculous... :mad: (Get Hola for Chrome and choose US in order to watch the finals!)

btw: The translators from the chinese national team sometimes s*ck very hard... :'D :D

And another point: there are so many stupid people and racists writing in the livechat of bwf's youtube-channel. Sometimes it really hurts to see how many ignorant and disrespectful people we have on earth. wtfff... :confused:

8. lisa bitch hannigan

lisa bitch hannigan Regular Member

true

9. HicHic

HicHic Regular Member

12. Lin Dan is salty about his Rio loss against Axelsen so he purposely loses to SYQ after defeating Viktor to show the world that Viktor can't even defeat an out of form Lin Dan.

visor, Abu Tanki and shreyas666 like this.
  10. ngasu

ngasu Regular Member

hahahaha

11. Master

Master Regular Member

After the mission accomplished, LD managed to get himself "safe" again before LCW kill him again.

Roger!

Accordaz likes this.