Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

LOL. You guys talk like you know how LCW trains for the last decade. This is truly pure ignorance at its finest. Why don't you bark-bark at other place. LCW's training doesn't concern you at all. Don't be so busy creating problems ma..
    1. Do you think LCW trains 3 vs 1 all the time? Based on what, a single 3 min clip from youtube?
    2. Juniors play badminton using slow play style la. You see they play? That's why cannot win against fast player.
    3. Why drag media here ma? No reason.
    4. So much critism at LCW's celebration like he just punch CTC in the face.
    5. Ignore Marin's shout and fist then? Double standard is cliche'.

2. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Don't blame LCW la if have weak mental and play always make mistakes. Go training-training and fix yourself instead of blaming others. Even MF said Soo Teck Zhi, former Asian Junior Champion to stop playing around and step up. BAM gave him chance, still cannot go even after defeating CHN's own Shi Yuqi at New Zealand Open 2016. What's the problem?

3. Micheal8

Micheal8 Regular Member

Look like the only solution for this problem is for BAM to hire salaried worker to do these jobs for all BAM athletes:
    1. long 3v1 sessions
    2. feeding the shuttles
    3. playing 3v1 drills for 3 of them
    4. 'playing coaches', i.e. young enough so they can do all the drills

It is not appropriate for LCW to do this to junior.
    It is not appropriate for Senior to do this to junior.
    It is not appropriate for Junior to do this to rookie.
    It is not appropriate for Rookie to do this to ...........

LOL

#13143 Micheal8, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Entirely missing the point, great. It's not that players cant do drills for/with each other (in fact they have to), my perception is just that LCW, due to his status, doesnt do his equal share in these 'lower' duties. And the others have to pick up his slack, meaning they get less training out of their time (feeding doesnt benefit you).

5. Micheal8

Micheal8 Regular Member

This is not about Him, You or Me...it is not about any individual. This is about a Nation called Malaysia.
    All these player is under BAM payroll and BAM objective is to bring glory to the nation and LCW is their current best bet.
    As long as it bring glory to the nation then BAM objective is fulfilled.
    Next time if BAM best bet is Iskandar Zulkarnain for bringing in the Glory then those junior will have to help Iskandar Zulkarnain more than Iskandar Zulkarnain helping the junior on doing those 'lower' duties.

These 'lower' duties does not belong to LCW, it belong to the junior. LCW task as a senior is to mentor the junior, give the junior playing tips & other 'higher' duties.

#13145 Micheal8, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

How long do you think LCW will continue playing? And what will happen after he's gone? There needs to be a balance between supporting your star players and nourishing new talent, and it really looks like BAM neglected the second part for quite some time, and MF appears to see it like that as well. No one's saying LCW needs to step down or help others more than focussing on his own training.

7. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    MF did want LCW to retire to give way for the junior. He was asking when he would retire, not checking on his condition like what you said and this really hurt LCW's feeling. He wasn't even trusted to play any longer. LCW kept silent even after he was denied to SPAR with his junior ( please note that spar is different to feed shuttles that even Hendrawan or Tey Seu Bock could do). He didn't ask for full focus, all he asked was junior to spar with, because as a junior he also sparred for his senior. MF even split the MS into two division prior Rio and separated the juniors from him.

LCW asked for changing mats (with the old one they used in previous training center) because of hirarchy in BAM is that he will have to ask through Hendrawan and MF who will then follow through to BAM. He's following the procedure for this and Hendrawan has followed through the procedure but was ignored by MF resulting in his injury.

MF asked when LCW will retire not checking on his condition. A two very different thing! Please be reminded MF never checked or worried on his condition but was asking LCW if he's going to retire.

How would MF will be happy for LCW if he want him to be gone in the first place? And smaller budgets that you say about hiring foreigners, I don't think MF is being paid in small budget.

8. Micheal8

Micheal8 Regular Member

I think LCW can stay within top 5 in BWF ranking for another 2-3 years...then top 10 for another 1-2 years.....after that retiring....
    After he step down. Malaysia will return back to it glorious day of Wong Choon Hann, Muhammad Hafiz Hashim & Lee Tsuen Seng. LOL

9. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys

MF mentioned to LCW about his retirement after OG. To which LCW replied that even Khairy Jamaluddin still wanted him to play but why he had to hear from MF about his retirement. LCW stated he's aware of his physical condition and will retire when it's time to. He responded by winning Japan Open and All England even after MF urged his retirement post Rio.

If you fail to see I will recap a few things that pissed LCW off and exploded to third party like media and BAM. That's actually an appeal because he know things aren't going to change if he stay quiet like he's been always told to by Hendrawan and Tey Seu Bock. He stated that he felt so relieved after venting his frustration.

Here's the recap :

1) MF denied TSB accompaniment of LCW in JO.
    2) MF wouldn't let the junior payer to spar with him, even though LCW in his junior days also sparred with senior.
    3) MF repeteadly mentioning his retirement post Rio and the latest injury.
    4) MF ignored LCW petition for mat replacing that resulted in the injury (something that would be avoided if immediate action was taken).

volcom and Bunga kacung like this.
  10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I don't understand all this MF bashing. He has done a fabulous job so far. He s not paid by BAM ( thank goodness) so hopefully he has the freedom to do what is best for BAM players.

There s now a number of XDs which is probably why the standard is improving.
    The MD team hopefully will get stronger and not just GVS/TWK.
    The WS and WD can only get better with more tournament opportunities.
    As for MS, there s LCW and the rest. The rest will show up as long as they have more tournament exposures before they show consistency. I suspect the rest could benefit tremendously by working on their fitness and stamina.
    Which coaching director has produced results like MF has in such a short time?

( As for LCW, if he is smart he shouldn't retire but play less and be visible enough to stretch his sponsorship longevity. The moment a star stops playing, the sponsorship value fades. )

11. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei warns THE BADMINTON WORLD : ''Lin Dan and I are like Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal of Badminton''

"For now, Lin Dan and I are like tennis stars Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. Those two are considered old for their game, but they still produce great performances. As long as Lin Dan and I are still at the top of our game, we'll give our fans a good show.''

Lee Chong Wei gives WARNING to Everyone : Do not tell me to retire!

''No one needs to tell me when my time is up. I am still fired up to play. The All-England victory showed me that I can do it if I put my mind to it. I was determined to prove a point to some people at the All-England. I won. I am still the world No. 1. And I may even push myself until Tokyo. Why should I even think of retiring now?"

[​IMG]

http://www.ibtimes.sg/lee-chong-wei-lin-dan-i-are-like-roger-federer-rafael-nadal-8378

volcom likes this.
  12. volcom

volcom Regular Member

A true champion!

13. Nine Tailed Fox

I wonder who are those 'some people' ? :D

14. volcom

volcom Regular Member

I don't think one needs to be Einstein to figure that one out! :D

15. Nine Tailed Fox

Let me throw a wild guess.....YoYoYoYo !!!

16. Bunga kacung

Bunga kacung New Member

MF, axelson and vittinggus should apologize to LCW .. That's all..if they want talk about LCW attitude just try face to face..not at the back..just like frost he's not talking face2face with LCW about the retirement..that's rude..after long time LCW cannot hold it anymore..we all know LCW very humble and nice person..the court mat issue show MF not doing a good job..he should take action after the complaint not after the player got injured..

Helix99 likes this.
  17. Ginsan95

Ginsan95 Regular Member

This is what irked me the most in this whole thing, your star got injured and the first thing you do is asking for him to retire, that's not the right way to treat your superstar.

But as a few of you have pointed out, I don't think Lee has come face to face and talk to MF yet since the incident. There may be a miscommunication in between all of this, that's why I feel like Lee should just outright tell MF what he wants to do - continue playing, will retire when he feel like he couldn't play anymore - instead of going to the media and speak to each other through a middle man.

18. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

PLEASE!

This is not what he said or what happened.

Not even the Malaysian newspapers you guys obviously get your info from, says that.

LCW says he got a really bad injury, and he is out of All England. MF asks if the injury is career ending.

It goes through Hendrawan in both directions, so a lot can be misunderstood or exaggerated along the way.

Even Malaysian newspaper TheStar phases MF's question as "whether it will end his career", not "when will you end your career". You guys do know the difference between whether and when, right.

And obviously he's not talking directly to LCW because LCW will not talk to MF, so he goes through Hendrawan. You think it's strange that MF is not asking directly, but you think it's perfectly fine that LCW is not telling MF about the injury directly?

Cheers,
    FB

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Mr FeatherBlaster,
    Allow me to enlighten you a bit about Malaysian lah.
    I was born in Malaysia but sampan my way to Canada but I do regularly go back to see my folks, oh BTW, I am going back to KL this coming Tuesday. Checked out my old squeeze and say hello to my folks to catch up the latest and greatest gossips in the Kopitiam:p
    Malaysian gets their news from Kopitiam, so you can see these 'news' get twisted' here and there, and so screwed up by the time these 'news' reached those folks. And you are touching on someone, ala Dato, that these folks worship so much (more than their mother) that their noses are so suctioned to this Dato ASS that whatever the truth is does not matter:D

Justin L and Cheung like this.
  20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No apology needed at all. They were doing a podcast, the discussion touched on that particular topic, and they mentioned what they think of different players. It's honest, and you shouldn't ever apologize for something like that as long as you dont insult anyone and dont smear them, and as far as I know, they did neither. Just mentioned they dont like him very much. I think LCW can live with that.