Is there any shuttlecocks brand and model recommended? for advanced games

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Hanson Wong, Nov 19, 2016.

Tags:
?

Which Shuttlecocks would u prefer

1. RSL Supreme Tourney

20.0%
  2. RSL Classic Tourney

15.6%
  3. RSL GOLD No.1

4.4%
  4. Yonex Aerosensa 10

3.3%
  5. Yonex Aerosensa 20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yonex Aerosensa 30/40/50

62.2%
  7. Protech Platinum edition

4.4%
  8. Protech World Class

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Protech Masterpiece

1.1%
  10. Others

17.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hanson Wong

Hanson Wong New Member

Student
    Good evening, guys.
    I'm currently using RSL Supreme Tourney . One shuttlecock can last about 3-4 matches. *advanced players
    i have tried before Yonex Aerosensa 10, Protech Platinum Edition, RSL Classic Tourney, RSL GOLD No.1 , Lining, Babola and others.
    I would say that RSL Supreme Tourney is the best among all of the shuttlecocks that i have mentioned above !

If u guys don't mind, please share some experience regarding this topic for me ya.
    Thanks !

2. DarkHiatus

DarkHiatus Regular Member

I find it a bit unbelievable that a shuttle can last 3-4 matches...even 3-4 games is quite a stretch!

The best shuttles i've used are probably the AS30/RSL Classics (only because i haven't tried anything more expensive) and they still last only about half a game before they change speed. I think the AS30/RSL Classics are known as a reasonably durable shuttle, but not overly so. I've also tried a very durable duck feather shuttle that i can't remember the name of, but those still noticeably slowed after a game.

In tournament play, I consider a shuttle needs to change when it changes speed noticeably - that means i can feel the difference between a fresh shuttle and the current shuttle. I feel that this speed change happens on average every 10-15 points at my level (about 2 shuttles per game). For a pro, i'm sure they notice differences much sooner - maybe every 3-5 points.

At club training, i'll regularly let it go WAY past that, because the shuttle itself only looks slightly ruffled and flies fine other than speed. Club aren't as fussed as they are there mostly for leisure, and the cost to change them more often wouldn't be worth it to them. Therefore, it's normally when a feather actually snaps off, or the shuttle wobbles in the air before it gets changed - generally every game or so (30-35 points).

I'd also say that durability isn't the biggest thing for me when i talk about the "best" shuttle. For me that's a combination of durability, flight, and feel on contact.

#2 DarkHiatus, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    justinloong likes this.
  3. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

RSL supreme is the best value for money shuttles in Malaysia for about Rm 85 each, I am lucky to get a few tubes for rm77 each few months ago from a well known shop that having promotion. RCL black silver and LM Dimgrey are also very good. AS30 is overpriced and better jump to AS50. Victor Master Ace, Li Ning A+300 and A+600 are other good shuttlecocks in the market. Protech Platinum is good but not on par with RSL supreme.

justinloong likes this.
  4. Anil Reddy

Anil Reddy New Member

Hello - I am planning to get Li-Ning A+90. Can you suggest if this good one to buy and to which Yonex it is compared to? Currently I am using Yonex AS40/50 but they are too expensive.

Thank you.

5. Carbonex_7

Li Ning equivalent to AS40/50 are A+300 and A+600. There is A+100 above A+90 so the best it can be is equivalent to AS10/20.

6. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Okay I am in the Uk so never have used the Protechs. In your list, there is a no brainer, AS30s to AS50s are the best. My club used to use AS40s for a long time and dropped down to AS30s. Both are full cork based shuttles with reasonable durability. We only dropped down due to Yonex's price rises each year (I hate that!).

I've tried over 30 different variations of shuttles in my time but always come back to Yonex. However I have found all shuttles are not as good as they used to be. I recently tested a tube of AS40s and was shocked how bad the quality is compared to say 5 years ago.

Here in the UK, there are not many other brands that have full cork shuttles at a reasonable price anymore, even the AS30s cost us £19.20 a tube now. Ridiculous prices.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane.

HunglikeAbull likes this.
  7. Carbonex_7

The reason I said to jump from AS30 to AS50 is because of the price difference in Malaysia is only 3 Usd a tube (Rm 90 to Rm 103), with deteriorate quality of AS30, there are much cheaper options with similar quality available. If the price of AS50 and AS30 is only 2 pound different in UK, I doubt you will move down to AS30.

I am getting some LingMei (70 and 80) shuttles direct from China. I have some AS30, RSL supreme, Classic, Victor Master 2,3 , Chao Pai red to compare with, hopefully they work out as what the seller claimed, equivalent to AS 30 and 40.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/new-package-10-pcs-one-tube_60612795974.html.

8. Shoutsu

Shoutsu Regular Member

How in the world did you get those shuttles to last 3-4 games??? Personally I like the Supreme. Also like the AS50 a lot. If I didn't care about the price, I'd definitely play As50's.

9. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Looking at those shuttles, they are 3 layer composite cork, The feeling at the net wont be good and they won't be as good as AS30s nevermind AS40s.

Here is UK the prices are just stupid:
    AS30s - £19.20
    AS40s - £22.98
    AS50s - £24.48

Hence why we have no choice but stick to AS30s as the competition price is very similar. :(

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    There used to be a real me, but I had it surgically removed.

10. edlui888

edlui888 Regular Member

Engineer
    we recently tried the Li-Ling A+90 and found these are reasonable from a price standpoint. The birdie lasted average 1 full game (men's double) with steaming and a tube costs C$25.

11. Anil Reddy

Anil Reddy New Member

12. Peter Le

Peter Le New Member

Advanced player and 1 shuttlecock for 3 games? I am shocked. My friends and I play with AS 50 and we still have to go through at least 2 birdies per match.

13. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    The Yonex shuttles would be fine if anyone bought the right speed of them. It's a shame Yonex use their own rating system and aren't very transparent about it. The actual quality are... alright... Just don't both anything under an AS40. If you're going 40 you may as well go 50 anyway... The 30s don't have good durability. We'll only use 1 for 1 game, provided it doesn't break and require a 2nd for 1 game.

@InvincibleAjay I have the awful feeling that as you're playing in the UK, the Yonex shuttles might have felt more 'solid' to you because for whatever reason people buy Speed 3s thinking they're the equivalent of a 78.

Still personally think the Li Ning A300s are the best for the money, quality is somewhere between the AS 40 and 50, costs as much as an AS30.

Yehlex are garbage. Ashaway's old line were hit and miss, dunno about their new stuff. Victor and RSL are overpriced for the quality of shuttle.

14. Anil Reddy

Anil Reddy New Member

Got A+90 today and they seems slow. Not worth to buy.

15. Carbonex_7

Get a 79,80 speed if too slow.

16. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Well, if you play singles and both hit the shuttle properly it may last for a whole match. But for doubles, I don't think so.

If money is out of the question I'd go for AS50.

17. gavannn

gavannn Regular Member

between RSL, yonex and lining (keep hearing these three mainly), which would give the best bang for the buck in terms of durability? please don't suggest plastic shuttles :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Based on cost?
    A300 > AS50 > AS40 > RSL #1

19. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

In our club we need Oliver Apex 100 (normally ~21-25$, we get the balls for 10 $). I like more than Yonex Aerosensa 30.

20. Carbonex_7

I believe prices in Singapore are not much different than Malaysia. Base on prices in Malaysia, best price/ durability ratio has to be RSL supreme, at Rm 84 (last X'mas I got a good deal with 10% off), it is a no brainer decision. AS 30 is Rm 89 and AS40 is Rm96. A+300 = AS50 price at Rm103 so expect A+600 (not seen in any Lining proshop in KL) to be higher.