Celcom Axiata MALAYSIA Open 2017 : Qualification-Quarterfinal (4th-7th April)

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Apr 3, 2017.

1. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Predictions:
    - Intanon vs Marin = Intanon (Marin's form has dipped lately)
    - TTY vs Chen YF = TTY (TTY less error prone nowadays, unbeatable la esp for kid like CYF sorry Chen)
    - Okuhara vs Akane = Akane (more skillful and I like her :) )
    - SJH vs Sun Yu = SJH (she's consistent, and SY didn't show good run in this tourney so far)

nilesh123 likes this.
  2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ^^^ Not too difficult to predict.
    Same for me.

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

QUARTERFINALS (03.00pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...0BC412-0F19-4861-81CC-85895DA4F30D&d=20170407

Big headline is created by Ajay Jayaram to tackle the in-form Viktor Axelsen, the Dane took opening game comvincingly 21-9 but the Indian had another plan to bounce back in next two sets to defeat his more fancied opponent, 21-14 / 21-19. Head to head statistics 2-2 is indicating Jayaram is tough for for current world number two to overcome. The giant-killer gets Korean hurdle next, Son Wan Ho who looked sharp to defeat Tommy Sugiarto at last sixteen. Both Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan demonstrated their class to outplay Hu Yun and Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk respectively. They will take on unseededed upcoming players today, Lee has Jeon Hyeok Jin while Lin will be tested by Indonesian Jonatan Christie who survived in thrilling match against Chou Tien Chen yesterday. 2015 Champion Chen Long displayed sloppy performance against fellow countryman Huang Yuxiang, dropped first set before he showed real form to seal the tie. Chen will face the underdog Vincent Wong Wing Ki for a place in semifinal.

Women's singles quarterfinal scenario is pretty much predicted except Chen Yufei who derails Tai Tzu Ying-Sindhu showdown. A blockbuster TV court clash will look forward to two high-profile players, Ratchanok Intanon against Carolina Marin. The Spaniard lost dramatically in All England quarterfinal last month when she led with big margin but Intanon made magical comeback there to clinch the match. A tight competition also are expected between Sung Ji Hyun vs Sun Yu and all Japanese affairs, Nozomi Okuhara against Akane Yamaguchi, the latter won over her senior in last three encounters including just conluded IND Superseries at same stage.

Hot favourites Gideon/Sukamuljo had hard times to eliminate Liu C/Zhang N last night and will find another Chinese rival, Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen, a rematch of current All England finale. The on-fire Indonesian duo are favoured to progress and slated to face Kamura/Sonoda in semifinal. On top-half of draw, only third seed Chai/Hong stay longer in this tournament as all three remaining seeded pairs bit the dust early, they have 2014 WJC Kedren/Puavaranukroh. China newest partnerships, Fu HF/Zheng SW will face the surprising Hong Kong pair, Or CC/Tang CM.

China-Japan clashes will feat top-seed Matsutomo/Takahashi v Huang DP/Li YH and Fukushima/Hirota v Chen QC/Jia YF. Dubai Finals champion scored inspiring fighting spirit how they turned the tables when trailed behind 10-17 at deciding game against home hopeful Chow MK/Lee MY, this tie ended with 25-23 in 80 minutes of play. China has secured one semifinal spot in this department through Huang YQ/Tang JH v Bao YX/Yu XH. One more remaining tie will see whether Danish veteran Juhl/Pedersen could take revenge over Chang YN/Lee SH for All England final defeat.

The Olympic Champion Ahmad/Natsir who got free ticket as Astrup/Kjaersfeldt conceded walkover yesterday will meet tricky test, Choi SG/Chae YJ. The Koreans downed former All England winner Jordan/Susanto in last sixteen. Three Chinese leading pairs also advanced to quarterfinal, Zheng/Chen will be challenged by Hong Kong Lee CH/Chau HW, Zhang/Li have Danish stars Fischer/Pedersen and last but not least the on-fire Lu K/Huang YQ face the well-improved Thailand combination Puavaranukroh/Taerattanachai.

LIVE TV COVERAGE (Court 1, 05.00pm) :

1) Chang Ye Na/Lee So Hee (KOR) v Kamilla Rytter Juhl/Christinna Pedersen (DEN)
    2) Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen (CHN) v Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (INA)
    3) Ratchanok Intanon (THA) v Carolina Marin (ESP)
    4) Choi Sol Gyu/Chae Yoo Jung (KOR) v Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (INA)
    5) Lin Dan (CHN) v Jonatan Christie (INA)

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thanks CLELY.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Totally agree with this. Stirring up a hate campaign when the issue has been resolved.

@badlove

What people say is one thing. How people interpret it is another. And then how other people outside of that immediate circle reinterpret that is another. That is why when something quite emotional comes up, it needs to be interpreted carefully. Of course there are always immature and small minded people who would like to create mischief and troll around. I would rather people use their intelligence to consider a bigger picture. Of course, if they don't have the intelligence in the first place, this is very difficult because we can't instill intelligence into kampung mentality (for example the recent Malay politician and his remarks on marriage).

#385 Cheung, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    nokh88 likes this.
  6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Thanks j4ckie

7. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Harder than in MS :/

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I will post mine later.

gelopisan likes this.
  9. lisa bitch hannigan

lisa bitch hannigan Regular Member

see comment below, a lot disagree this isn't play of the day. I didn't watch all the match yesterday. Which do you think play of the day?

and also comment below this vid, the user totally think the 2015 Badminton Fans Award in indonesia is rigged

10. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Some very refreshing matches today. Best of luck to the fans of respective players.
    Slightly different order of matches on TV court would have been appreciated but am happy with the choices.

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

3 INA are in Qrt final and wil be playing in the main court!! Yoo hoooo... awesome!

12. lisa bitch hannigan

lisa bitch hannigan Regular Member

1_ i'm bias
    2_ no chance for cyf
    3- not because of skillful, no back from injured, still not in form. That's why akane will win
    4- sy is unstable but i think she won this time

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Here's mine :
    LCW - No question
    Vincent - CL may not want to reveal too much.
    SWH - Tough call this one but I will go for SWH because of experience.
    LD - temporary but will not progress further than the semis. Reason : Same as CL.

May the force be with me.

soulpx likes this.
  14. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    They would kiss goodbye to Japan Open, All England and whatever title Dato is going to get post Rio if BAM side MF. Now the last Malay standing in Malaysian Open.

Still the 35 years old guard to save the day even already unwanted by MF.

Someone thought LCW done and over with. And he was plain wrong.

15. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Same as mine, except no 2. CL will thru if he can win in straight games. Plus he might want to try LCW before the WC.

16. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Thank god for LCW's decision not to retire. If not then, no MAS player will even be standing in QF.
    All of the so-called hope of Malaysia just choke too hard.

17. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Those 'hopes' of MAS should idolized this man more because of his mentality and passion.

18. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Chen Qingchen injured herself yesterday. Probably not too serious, still will bother her movement.

19. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    WS PREDICTION
    CYF
    SY
    NO
    MARIN

MS
    LCW
    CL
    SWH
    LD

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Hi Insaint...picking CYF over TTY? Are you sane? Hehe...pardon me.