SGVBC2 - Anyone?

Discussion in 'San Gabriel Valley Badminton Club ( SGVBC )' started by etsai3, Sep 14, 2016.

1. etsai3

etsai3 New Member

Hello, I'm looking for an intermediate to advance player to practice and play doubles game with. I'm down to join a group of players as well.

I used to play badminton at Diamond Bar High, stopped playing for ~6 years and started again ~4 weeks ago.
    I'm looking to go often since I paid for the membership today. Send a message!

2. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    Hi etsai, my friends and I play at SGVBC2 couple of times a week. When do you usually play? :)

3. etsai3

etsai3 New Member

Hi! I usually try to go on most days at 7:30pm+. Last week I went 5 nights (Monday,Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday). Most of the time, I've been playing with random people so it wasn't too bad. Before that, I didn't go often because I didn't know who to play with. You?

4. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    I usually go Tuesday/Thursday nights (been sporadic recently because of travel and work) and Saturday mornings. On those nights, I play with a group called Badminton Fan Club (BFC). Not sure if you are familiar with them. We are a group with members that comprise a wide range of skill levels. You can check out the page here http://www.meetup.com/BadmintonFanClub. On Saturday mornings, my friends and will I go for a run around SG2 at 8:30-9 for about half hour. Then play baddy afterwards until 12-1pm. You're welcome to join us if you're interested. :)

5. etsai3

etsai3 New Member

I see. Yeah I know the BFC group or I actually joined it on meetup a while ago but never attended the events either because of location or skill level. I also posted in the discussion section but haven't got any reply on there. It's not very active.

6. user777

user777 Regular Member

Maybe late for the response. In case you are still looking, I usually play there Sat and Sun. morning. Usually at the very first 2 courts by the entrance. My name is Manny. You should be able to find me pretty easily. Tall/fat asian HAHA

7. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    Hi Manny! Glad to see you on here. :D This is Brian btw, the short/skinny/bald asian LOL

8. user777

user777 Regular Member

One of the twins?

9. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    Yup :p

10. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    etsai3, do you wear blue/white Yonex shoes and use a racket with orange grip?

11. user777

user777 Regular Member

Hahah nice. Good to see you here. Not alot of people check these sites. I was bored myself at work. Lol

12. etsai3

etsai3 New Member

Nope, this is a pretty late response but I used to wear orange shoes. Now wearing a white/red shoes. lol
    Usually only use white or black grip.

13. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    I know who you are Ed; I usually see you play with Waylen, George, etc. :D I haven't had a chance to play with you yet though :p