Chen Yufei (陳雨菲)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by pcll99, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not many WS are 1.8 m tall - the Akane Y , Nozomi O, Tai Tzu Ying, He Bingjiao, Intanon R, Busanan O, Saina N, Zhang Beiwen, Cheung Ngan Yi, N Jindapol , Mitani Minatsu, all of them are shorter than 1.8m, I believe.

Even Wang Yihan is 1,78m tall, Sung Ji Hyun, 1.75m, Sindhu, 1.79m. Among the top 10, the tallest, Sun Yu , is 1,83m about 6 ft.

I'd say , for WS, 1,75 to 1.78m is good enough. Being too tall is not necessarily an advantage, more blind spots around your body, and, possibly, bending down low and recovering from that position may take a fraction of a second longer due to bigger weight.

kelana likes this.
  2. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Yes you are right. And thinking of it. I can't believe sindhu is only 1.79!!! Even I am 1.82 and I can't imagine that I am taller than her.

Some people seem to look taller than they are!

3. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    From my glimpse observation, Chen Yufei is one among the few known CHN WS with promising prospects, being more hopeful than her seniors such as Sun Yu ( a dead wood imo :) ) & He Bingjiao.

Wanna see her regular participation in the int'l circuit to gain more exposure and experience to grow her capability.

The other hopeful WS may be Chen Xiaoxin, the winner of the last Swiss Open whereas Chen was the runner-up.

CBA should prioritize this new generation over the current non-performing seniors!

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To be honest, I won't write off He Bingjiao, she's just going through a rough patch for some strange reasons. I suspect coach Chen Jin is trying to change her playing style, less stroke play , less deception, but more speed and aggression which apparently she is struggling to cope, not her natural game, I think. I believe some changes can be made to her game but not too much esp where her forte and natural inclinations are concerned. Give her time to develop her game and take it to new heights. I must admit, He Bingjiao winning three titles in two months recently, two of them Superseries,the KOR Open SS and the French Open SS, are no fluke.

Yes, Chen Xiaoxin,she's a talent too, another young up-and-coming CHN WS. As RedShuttle pointed out, LXR's name has been taken out of the BAC held in Wuhan and replaced by Chen Xiaoxin, probably in an attempt to get her into the top 16; hopefully she can succeed so that she can take over LXR as the 4th ranked CHN WS for the Glasgow World Championships. In the Race to Glasgow Standing, LXR has dropped to 27th while Chen Xiaoxin is at 38th as of week 14 (2017-04-06). A bit tricky, not sure if CXX can make it for I see that she's not entered for the CHN Masters and there are only a few tournaments left for her to qualify based on her performance before the WC deadline.

Sun Yu, unfortunately, I too believe she is at her limit already, don't see her improving much or raising her game another level in the near future.

Actually, there's still a couple other CHN WS youngsters that I like and watching out for, such as Gao Fangjie, Zhang Yiman, perhaps, Han Yue, Wang Zhiyi.

In fact, CHN WS in the foreseeable future has to largely depend on their juniors to rise up as the now 26-year-old Li Xuerui's comeback is still a question mark and Wang Yihan and Wang Shixian are not around to help transition the younger echelon of WS in a smooth changing of the guards. As a result, CHN Ws are suddenly left in a limbo.

kelana likes this.
  5. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    powerful legs...

ipR_-fyepsch3416728.jpg

7. Lioe

Lioe New Member

she has not made any surprises yet.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A high potential player with some notable scalps so far, eg, Intanon Ratchanok (twice), Bae Yeon Ju, P V Sindhu, Busan Ongbumrangphan (several times), Syaka Takahashi (twice), Sayaka Sato.

Certainly one of the most promising, young, up-and-coming WS player to watch.

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    if Zhang Ning resumes her post as head of women singles, I think Sun Yu still can go to Tokyo.

If Chen Jin leaves now, then He BJ's chances are very slim.

I think Chen Yufei will still be around until 2020; whether she can go to Tokyo will depend on the recovery of LXR and Sun Yu's progress.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe Chen Yufei and He Bingjiao will outstrip Sun Yu soon, won't be long.

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    #31 pcll99, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That quote was said by Chen Jin in 2015 of Chen Yufei, an assessment made two years ago.

As of now, the author's view of Chen Yufei is that although her game is technically advanced, her mentality and stability remain a problem; moreover, she is physically weak, lacking in strength, her rear-court shots not of high quality, her attacking shots not very threatening.

The author also mentioned that He Bingjiao's stamina is wanting, still a concern today. He added that even though many believe HBJ is a successor to becoming the female version of Lin Dan, and possesses the growth potential, but at this time it's still not known to what level she can go.

#32 Justin L, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    ainchekar likes this.
  13. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Chen YuFei's on court presence is just like Chen Jin, solid but not spectacular. She may be a good work horse but not much more. Then again, Chen Jin was the World Champion.

14. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Hard to make any definitive statement at this point in a player's career. She's basically been on the senior circuit for half a year...have to give people more time than that.

15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I thought Chen YuFei is the opposite of Chen Jin.

Chen Jin was hard working but not talented.

Chen Yufei is talented but not hard working.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's what Chen Jin said in 2015. If he's right, there's still ample time to correct Chen Yufei's mindset and attitude.

Now that she's tasted victories, not only the WJC, but also at the senior level, she will be motivated to work harder. Recently, she beat Sindhu and pushed Tai Tzu Ying hard, nearly upsetting her but was trounced the following encounter, as well as beating Busanan repeatedly, Sayaka Takahashi twice in a row, Sayaka Sato, not to mention previous years scalps like Intanon Ratchanok and Bae Youn Ju - I believe she has the talent and potential for greater things to come.

For now, she does appear somewhat like Chen Jin, playing a solid game, mostly textbook shots with the occasional bursts of energy but most of the time laid-back, not very threatening. But she is still only 19 years old, her habits and inclinations are not completely set yet. I'd argue even her mental attitude can change as she matures. Didn't Sun Jun and Dong Jiong changed their playing styles mid-way thru their careers?

In terms of talents, I believe He Bingjiao is more remarkable, in my opinion. But hard work can make up for lack of sufficient natural talent. Even a natural talented player has to practise hard to realize his/her talents.

As Woffle rightly pointed out, Chen Yufei has only been in the senior pro circuit for barely a year, let's give her more time to grow and develop as a player.

RedShuttle likes this.
  17. RedShuttle

I was referring more to her solid but not spectacular results, on court performance, and prospect. Obviously, it is still too early to call on someone not even 20.

Steen Pedersen once recalled that Chen Jin used to fly all over the court and smash everything. To drastically change that style to the point of winning a World Championship is some talent.

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I think a lot of people like Chen Jin, especially LYB.

I heard Chen Jin has been transferred to the junior or second team. Is it true?

19. RedShuttle

No idea about the fate of Chen Jin. His absence at BAC is not a good sign. Hope things will work out for him and the team.

20. Lioe

Lioe New Member

I still dont know why people think she is good. She often lost miserably including in BCA Indonesia Open 2017 round 1