Flexible racket a problem??

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by xkenji, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Tadashi

Tadashi Regular Member

AE278BB6CBB7487C0FF7AE706177CDE2E45AC583 is my dig
    Ha! I see a great business opportunity ;)

2. All But One

All But One Regular Member

Student
    All you need is standard set of rackets- with incremental increases in stifness whilst keeping other factors constant, and then sets for other attributes. Could you imagine how much yonex would charge for that!!!!
    If only racket manufactures could adhere to standard units of measure for balance, stifness/flex, weight etc. Finding an optimum racket would be so much easier.

3. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

i think it will quite impossible to have a standard unit of measure as every maker to make their product more unique as compared to others

after..it is a commercial product...n not something set for world bodies or govtmental....or etc..

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Only problem is only hard core badminton fanatics or pros would pay for the consulting fees, which I imagine would be the cost of several rackets as you'll need high speed video recording and analysis.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

There are way too many factors and variabilites in badminton. First there's string and string tension, then there's shaft flex and bend profile, then head mass and the position of it which affects swing wt differently, then there's total wt. You can imagine how many rackets you need!

6. Tadashi

Tadashi Regular Member

AE278BB6CBB7487C0FF7AE706177CDE2E45AC583 is my dig
    Atm, having no standards is much better for the incumbent manuf. because it makes comparisons based on specifications much more difficult, so that it by and large prevents the consumer from conducting a reverse auction (buyer goes shopping, lowest offer wins). On the other hand, the company that sponsored the study about flex is a racket manufacturer, so if you have the most flexible and most stiff racket of that company, you probably have the rackets that produced the 2-8cm deformation range.

7. All But One

All But One Regular Member

Student
    Agreed. But said manu.racket could be sent to X for processing where for example stifness/balance weight could be recorded for comparison across other makes.
    as for making standards-It would probably not be possible (if even demeed feasable) financialy for any other company than yonex to do.

Just giving the ideal situation...however saying 'way to many' and then listing them...nice! and means it's possible :)
    It won't happen so i won't add much further. but probably each of these things would be individually accounted for and there is no need for hundreds of minutely differing standards right.-as we wouldn't notice the difference.
    for example, bend profile will depend mainly on the shaft length, it's fine tuning... and probably more an issue with flexible rackets.

8. rohit kattamuri

rohit kattamuri New Member

Unfortunately fuhaifeng uses the most flexible shat n9 now..haha..though hes using n9ii now it s also mid flex i hope..

9. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I wouldn't always believe what you see. He may be using a racquet that is painted in the same colours as a N9/N9ii but it doesn't necessarily mean it is a N9/N9ii under there!

Like with a lot of pros, many use different spec versions of the commercial ones or might even be a completely different racquet altogether.

10. rohit kattamuri

May be thats right..in some cases..but u can see the bending of the racket clearly due 2 flex..when fuha..playing..

Simeon likes this.
  11. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    A photo of the shaft bending is hardly a good indication of how flexible it is. I suspect someone like FHF can pretty much bend racquets of any stiffness!

12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II

JJS smashing with an MX80 (commercial or KRP). Even if it's a repaint, I doubt it's a wet noodle and and he let the shaft wobble like jelly. I agree 100% with @R20190

13. rohit kattamuri

Wel
    Well..may he has that much power..

14. MMJJ18

MMJJ18 New Member

Hi guys,

can someone of you just clarify please:

Which kind of racket generates more power by not using so much swing speed and effort. I mean especially as beginner to get a good length for clear?

A head heavy stiff racket or a head heavy flexible racket or something else?

Thank you.

15. Budi

Budi Regular Member

The highest power potential are on head heavy stiff racket, but keep in mind that it can only be achieved when you are strong enough to bend the stiff shaft.
    But for beginner with weak swing, flex racket would provide you easier power boost.

In simple math (not actual calc but just for easy explaination)

flex racket:
    10-20 player power : +30 power
    20-30 player power : +50 power
    30-40 player power : +60 power (the boost are getting smaller as there is limit to what flex shaft can give)
    40-50 player power : +65 power

Stiff racket :
    10-40 player power : +0 power
    40-60 player power : +10 power
    60-80 player power : +30 power
    80-100 player power : +80 power (the gap getting bigger as stiff shaft had higher potential power but require great strength before you can unlock its potential)

MMJJ18 and intrepid like this.
  16. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

IMO a 4u racket, head heavy but not too much, flexible or mid-flex with a speed head frame box (sword).

MMJJ18 likes this.
  17. MMJJ18

MMJJ18 New Member

Thanks. So this description fits for the Voltric 7 as well. I can string it with a BG 65 for example and 10 kg. With this combination I get better results as beginner as with a 3U, stiff, head heavy racket?

What do you think?

#57 MMJJ18, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  18. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

I never tried the Voltric 7, but the specs and the reviews seems ok. If you could get one it may be good. The new one Voltric 7 dg is stiffer and heavier and not as good as the Voltric 7 for a beginner. BG 65 or BG65ti are ok 10kg or 10,5 kg .

MMJJ18 likes this.
  19. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

Mention of "but more seriously it causes arm injuries if they persist." <-- I have heard of this before, but why is that?