Zymax strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lobeh, Jul 24, 2009.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

62 Fire is not as textured as 62. But even so, Gosen GT5 has even more texture than 62.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

swsh likes this.
  2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO this new hybrid hype is superfluous and people are doing crazy combinations like their strings are a ben & Jerry's bowl. I did hybrid on badminton rackets, before any hybrid string like Aerobite or the Adidas was out. I discovered that the tension loss curve should be close and gauge should also be close. I'm not talking about a 24-ish job, but if you go past 30, the imbalnce of tension loss can influence the shape of the head in different intervals of you job. Also I don't get it why a hybrid in badminton makes any sense. FME Hybrids play diluted compared to a uni job of each string. Most people got for hybrids in badminton just to get a better durability of job while have a nuance of a high performing string. IMO just choose one. I wouldn't serve my guests champagne water with a sip of sparkling water to safe money and have a slightly longer party while savin a few cents. Just my 2 cents and experience. :)

fanfaron and swsh like this.
  3. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Been reading through all the threads related. I have the impression that 62f is more repulsive than GT5. Is that true or false in your opinion?

Me and friends are thinking of ordering packets from MBS of GT5 but I was wondering if we even need to since we have dealer of ashway really close to me with 62F. Only reason I'm looking at GT5 still is the control and feel it could perhaps offer above 62F.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

62 original had more repulsion and feel than 62F. Only advantage of 62F over 62 is better durability.

GT5 is quite like the original 62 and even slightly crisper feel and excellent repulsion. X

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I'm not sure where I can find original tbh. So basically what you meant was yeah go ahead and purchase the GT5?

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Yeah. But make sure either yellow or white. Where are you located?

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I'll make sure it's yellow.

India. It's not available normally and I don't have a card yet so I'm having someone else order for me and himself. He was looking for a good string as well as he's been using the dummy strings that came with his Voltric 5.

8. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

To me, 62F is more repulsive than GT5 on the first 2 games, after that GT5 outplay 62F in terms of repulsive. GT5 is also noticeably having more vibration than 62F.

9. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

Can someone compare LiNing No1 with Zymax Fire Power 0,66 for me?

10. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I'm not good in these things to describe nuances of difference and this or that shot, but FME it's like night and day. No.1 beats 66FP clean in nearly all aspects. Both have in common that they have a smooth coating. 66FP is a much thicker string. It's not a 0.65 vs. a 0.66 thing. 66FP nearly as thick as BG65 blue. To me it is like comparing BG66UM with BG65 - a bit difference. The Zymax has a better durabilty, that's all. The Zymax need a decent pull to don't end up dull.

11. adrianh

adrianh Regular Member

Never tried the 66fp but i have used the 62f a lot. Today i strung my racket with the no1 and had a 3 hr session with it. Felt a little underwhelmed by it; didnt notice any improvement in repulsion. What i did realise was the lack of texture did hamper my slice drops. It did feel really durable when i was stringing it.

fwiw i prefer the sound of the 62f

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Isn't the 62f a lot thinner than the No1? I found the No1 to have a harder, more direct feeling. Not enough time with the 62f to compare repulsion, but I didnt notice much of a difference. If anything, the No1 felt a tad more repulsive, but I'm not entirely certain about the tensions so take that with a grain of salt.

13. adrianh

adrianh Regular Member

I didnt measure them but from handling it, their thickness seemed very similar. The tensioner on my shuttle express has been acting up, so will give it a try again after i upgrade the machine.

14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I agree with @adrianh. @j4ckie The gauge of Ashaway strings is defined under other conditions compare to several brands. IIRC @DinkAlot stated something between 24 and 26 lbs which is the tension of the string segement, before Ashaway measure the gauge.

15. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    e78 seems to have packets of the original / old 62 left for anyone interested. Saw it when ordering R4X110 & BG80.

16. visor

visor Regular Member

This is my comparison of ZM62F, LN#1 and GT5 from last year. ZM62F is a little thicker than the other 2.

[​IMG]

swsh likes this.
  17. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I find that Ashaway strings have a pretty muted feeling. Definitely thought the No.1 had more power, and better feeling.

I've still yet to try GT5 you know.

ucantseeme likes this.
  18. visor

visor Regular Member

62 had better feel than 62F, but worse durability. GT5 has great crisp feel, but some like @swsh complain of weird vibrations...

19. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Yeah I never tried 62. I've tried 62F, 66FP, and 69F.

20. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Hey I only said that because they weren't consistent like 80 :oops:! 80 is much less forgiving but you're ready for it atleast.

visor likes this.