Yonex Duora Z-Strike 2017 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. The Baddy Champion

The Baddy Champion Regular Member

How is it compared to ZF & ZFII

2. The Baddy Champion

The Baddy Champion Regular Member

How is it compared to ZF & ZFII

3. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    REPOST

tryst with @swsh duoZS.

String victor vs890 @30/31
    Coming directly from a 4U Zf2 with victor ns660ti at tension 26lbs, so all comparison with be done with this racket.

First few dry swings, there is anoticeable weight difference between zf2 and zstrike on expected lines. weight of Zf2 feels more in head whereas in zstrike weight is feels all distributed with apt amount of head-heaviness, in zstrike head-heaviness can be felt in hand, also head-heaviness dominates the swing just like zf2. both of the rackets are extreme versions of themselves and both require considerable amount of effort to unleash power. In that sense I found zstrike to be easily wield-able. Those coming from zf2 will find a delightful feeling while dry swinging it, a very homely feeling. Didn't find any noticeable difference in Duora sides, cant differentiate in dry swings and didn't even care about it during game play.

hitting time.

took zf2, zstrike and apacs z-ziggler(all compact frames) in the court for hitting. shuttles being yonex AS(dont remember version), yonex aeroclub TR, yonex mavis 350 and yonex mavis 300 to both singles and doubles game fo extensive and exhaustive testing.
    String bed of zstrike with a week old vs890 at 30-31lbs was very stiff(not dead) just like a wall(not used to higher tensions at all), all my clears landed mid court and @swsh was taking advantage of that to the fullest. netplay with this racket is very similar to zf2 with head-heaviness responding well with tightness required, i was executing hairpin netshots without much effort. All hits were solid feeling and very satisfying, feel of hard vs890 and a ting-ish ping of metal-like hitting sound. My timing wasn't off while playing and executing backhand clears and drive, so compactness of head didnt negetively impact my game, nearly all shots went where i wanted them to. Reaction to stiffness was positive, being less head-heavy and same stiffness like zf2, racket felt more stiff. Zstrike didn't wear me off enough like zf2 does. Shifted immediately to zf2 and head-heaviness of zf2 started to become more apparent, yet shift didn't feel foreign at all, swing wasn't affected due to weight difference between the two. Made a shift towards apacs z-ziggler and was dismayed by hollowness and flexibility.
    Solid feeling of zf2 and zstrike translates directly to satisfaction and confidence.

i am more of a front court player in doubles and can wield zf2 very effectively.
    took zstrike, zf2, ashaway phantom x speed and apacs lethal 8.

zstrike isn't fast and falls in category of zf2, you need strong wrists and fast reflexes and dig deep to be more lethal, net-kills are very sharp. very stiff string bed was limiting my clears and power and took a toll on my shoulders. shifted over to phantom x speed with li-ning no. 1, which is a fast aero-racket, swing speed wasn't affected at all in transition. this i suppose can be attributed to similarity of zstrike to zf2.

bottomline,
    zstrike is like zf2, a more handy and wield-able zf2, and i suppose i can further drive home my point if i get a zstrike setup very similar to my zf2 which has now been dispatched to the stringer of @swsh to be strung with nbg98 at 26lbs much to the chagrin of @swsh

4. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Has anyone tried zf2 strips and grommets in general on z strike? I can't find specified z strike grommets but zf2 or duora 10 are available on MBS. How have you guys been coping with the issue?

5. Ihasdapie

Ihasdapie Regular Member

Student
    Is Lin Dan using this? I saw him using it in the Sudirman Cup

6. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

7. Ryseric

Ryseric Regular Member

Hi!Anyone has a comparison between ZF2 4U, TK9900 and the new Duora Z Strike? Have been a happy user of zf2 4u until it broke recently so was looking for a replacement. Played more on Men's and Mixed and would like a racket just slightly less stiff than the zf2 :)

8. Orangbiasa

Orangbiasa Regular Member

Seems like duora z strike

9. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I don't agree with that ZF2 being similar to DZS.

Speed : DZS(aero)=ZSP(3u)> ZF2(4u)=DZS(box)>ZF2(3u)
    Power : ZF2(3u)>DZS(box)>DZS(aero)=ZF2(4u)>ZSP(3u) {DZS(aero) sometimes can make critical strike with new string)
    Control: ZF2(4u)=DZS(box)>ZSP(3u)>DZS(aero)>ZF2(3u) {ZF2(3u) can have good control but it's too slow to be in place}
    Crispness : ZSP(3u)>DZS(aero)>DZS(box)>ZF2(4u)=ZF2(3u)

For anyone considering DZS, I suggest you put Victor JS10 and Mizuno VST/VAT in your list.
    DZS(aero), JS10 , ZSP, VAT are all excellent fast rackets.
    Though you can use DZS(box) to generate good power(close to 4u ZF2),it's not really always a pro.
    If you find yourself never used the box side, those pure aero rackets should be better for you.

If you are playing with ZF2, you should consider more before you switch to DZS.
    It requires much better technique to generate power than ZF2.

10. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

My 3U Z-Force 2's are crying! :(
    Okay, jokes aside, I think the ZF2 has excellent control. Many of the professional players are using or have used the racquet, and quite of few of the strongest players I've met wield it exclusively. I've seen these same people thrash practically everyone, winning drive battles against Nanoray and Jetspeed users. I'm sure "faster" racquets do provide an advantage, but even at the highest level of play I've seen in person, the racquet always seems faster than the guy wielding it ;). Face it, we're not all Lee Yong Daes or Cai Yuns.

I'm not sure what you refer to as crispness, but I find it easy to leverage the weight of the racquet to perform compact, explosive movements. They sound super crispy, or it could just be the BG80 :D.

11. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I agree that ZF2 has excellent control.
    I used ZF2 3u and 4u for quite a while.
    Even though I don't use them anymore, I think they are offering best controls.
    Just that DZS(box) offers the same control and faster swing which leads to better timing and angle.
    Again, I emphasize, DZS's strength doesn't apply to everyone.
    If one's unable to handle the short extra stiff shaft nor make good use of Duora concept, DZS will be worthless.

As to crispness, It's only my personal flavor.
    I like crispier frames so that I can use more durable strings to achieve good performance.
    (crispy strings are tend to be thin and much less durable)
    Surely I can achieve good performance with ZF2+BGAS, but the durability is totally unacceptable.

12. Ihasdapie

Ihasdapie Regular Member

Student
    I wonder if yonex would make a repainted version of this-maybe a Viktor Axelson one anytime soon...

13. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

Kento Momota and Lin Dan(not type 0) are also using it now.

Considering Lin Dan is in the Autumn of his career, I'm guessing Yonex will milk him one final time before he retires to catapult DZS into the market.

Ihasdapie likes this.
  14. Ihasdapie

Ihasdapie Regular Member

Student
    That would give Lin Dan his third(?) Limited edition collection from yonex...

15. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
  16. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I should be receiving this racket for review in the next few days. I can't wait to test it.

Paul

17. blablabla21

blablabla21 Regular Member

Can't wait to see your review ;)

18. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Well, the racket has arrived and I will string it today. Hopefully I'll have first hits over the weekend.

I also received the Voltric Flashboosts so will check them out later.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Orangbiasa and dave010 like this.
  19. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    What if someone was stupid enough to customise theirs in a way that it would become a 4U G6?

(Looks at himself)

20. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Haha and I just saw a 9u racket on e78.

Anyway I feel 3u probably the correct weight for balanced rackets.
    Too light, it will be hard to exert power.

swsh and dave010 like this.