Yonex Aerosonic 0.61 string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by lcw the best, Jul 24, 2015.

1. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    It sounds like bg80 is your typical go to. I will tell you your bg80 will last at least 2-3x longer than aerosonic (for a comparison). That way you can figure out if you can squeeze out 12 hours or not. I have no idea how accurate you are. Just don't mishit. I have managed to get about 2-3 months at about 4 hours/week at 28+lbs. Smashing is only 20% max of my game (typically 10%). If you are the guy that hits the exact same spot on your racket every time (like a coach does), I wouldn't expect you to get even 12 hours our of it.

2. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    80 is just my love. It was a 2 weeks or so before my racket itself snapped (31x33 or 30x31). I've never gotten it again and this is the second time ever I'll be able to get it but it's been delayed. I've been looking for a suitable replacement and in doing so trying out all strings by cutting and restringing every 4-5 days :p.

Looking at my stencil, I don't hit like a coach obviously. No mishits but shots were quite varied all across the stencil ink. Good to know you got that much from it. Gives me hope in the 750/- RS stringjob. Thankyou!

3. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    If you can, I recommend you string it and let it sit one or two days before hitting. If you plan to use it almost right away, break it in with some light drives and clears first for about 10 minutes so it distributes the tension out and lowers the risk of breakage (at least that is my experience and advice given to me when I used to be more active)

4. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Oh my bad that last comment may have been too confusing. I don't string my rackets myself. Two yonex stringers do it.

I'll make sure to not play tomorrow with it then and just let it rest for 24 hours and then do a mini break in as well.

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    image.jpeg

If I say I'm looking forward to tomorrow, it would be a severe understatement. ^That's with PS even though it's not written.

#165 swsh, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  6. knielsen

knielsen Regular Member

Running AS at 34LBS currently, perfect string imo..

Durable? Nope, I tend to get 2-4 hours out of mine at 34LBS - But it's worth it :D

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    4 is pretty nice if that's all court time :)

8. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    At 34? Mine snapped on the machine at 30 :(

9. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    That's weird. My stringer pulled 30 with prestrech just fine and I enjoyed it for 2-3 days too!

Clamps damaging the strings?

10. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    As soon as I clamped it went ping. Not sure. Done other strings higher than 30 though.

11. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    AS is a lot more fragile than .65 strings tho and the nearby stringer with a stock gosen machine won't even touch a racket with 28+ tension requested on AS. So I imagine it must be the clamps. (I assume you mean No.1 when you are referring to other strings at 30+)

I've seen that happen once. When the clamp was put on while it was being prestreched. But that was the only time and it wasn't my stringer. Perhaps the stringing gurus could help share some tips and tricks so the clamps wouldn't damage the string. I'm a total noob at this sort of stuff.

12. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    I'm not using an expensive machine, a £350 dropweight. I did 29 with AS successfully, but yeah at 30 it went. No.1 survives everything.

13. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    It really does. What a string even if it doesn't have the texture I want.

14. 7171_tomas

7171_tomas Regular Member

My standard setup is TK9900 4U + ZM62F at 23lbs. Before, I used to stick with Onigiri +ZM62F at 26lbs. As TK9900 is stiffer and has a smaller, I had to reduce the tension in order to have bigger sweetspot and more forgiving racquet. I play mainly MX or MD with feathers only. I was wondering how Aerosonic and LiNing Nb1 plays. So, I put in one racquet Aerosonic at 23lbs and in the other my usual ZM62F also at 23lbs both strung in the same day. I have to say that Aerosonic is better in all aspects and after every session the difference is bigger! Now it is a week after stringing job and forth session in total 6 hrs of play (means 3hrs with each racquet). Aerosonic has softer feel than ZM62F and has unbelievable repulsion. This means that all clears, backhands, lifts are much longer and now after some time also smashes are better. As the Aerosonic is thinner string, racquet is faster and you can feel it! So you have faster racquet longer shots, stronger smash and more feeling at middle court or net. I am impressed, I have to say. The first ZM62 was maybe close, but durability was bad. If I will reach 70% of ZM62F in durability, I will start to use it, without any question. It is IMO the best string in low tension you can find on the market. Did not try LiNing yet, but at this tension it is giving me everything I was looking for. More feel, more power, more forgiving racquet, faster racquet. Fantastic! Only I pray it keeps tension at least for 3 weeks and does not brake often.

15. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

Yes I am using the zf2 and nr900 combo , even ultimax on the zf2 last forever but nr900 breaks twice in 2 months. Might be due to the lower top horizontal.

Now just tried bgas on the nr 900 just for fun.

16. Bugbait

Bugbait Regular Member

Anecdotal so far but been experiencing better durability by replacing the top three grommets with U shaped ones. Seems to give better support to compensate for low top horizontal. Since changing all 4 of my N900s to this set up I've not experienced a quick (sub 10 hours play) break from a miss hit. Need more test data over time but so far so good. I only use BGAS @25lbs on all my N900s.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mcth likes this.
  17. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

Thanks for the tip !

18. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Aerosonic: 32x32lbs
    Racket: Z Force 2 3u

Coming from a 80 (34lbs) I couldn't quite get the power down till the 3rd session. Decent smashes but they didn't turn really good till after I had adjusted to it properly but I guess that's to be expected from such a thin string. Control is where I'm most surprised about. Last time I found it slippery but yesterday I had all the control I'd want and was surprisingly accurate with my placement. Netshots, backhand slice, forehand slice or just flat drops were all quite good. There's a insanely loud sound which sounds like blowing up a paperbag and making it burst when you smash. Very pleasant to hear. The feel is amazing and it was probably the first time I didn't have any issues at all hitting the shuttle out at the back due to not being used to the repulsion. Dare I say it, with the AS50's, my racket sounded better than Momota. Absolutely love this at this tension but given it will last just one day for me, I won't be using it much (still will have some flings here and there) as I don't wish to spend 260$ every month.

Extremely severe notching at the sweetspot after 6.5-7 hours of play. I don't think it'll last another 3 hours of play. Guess my last 80 packet will be seeing some action after all since the no1's are still in hong kong and will probably arrive later on in the week.

19. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

How long does this string feel fresh and nice? Better or worse than Ultimax?

20. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I felt like it was better then ultimax. After pulling it really high I never really felt like the performance ever declined. You'll snap it way before you can even notice it dying or anything of that matter.