Yu Yang (于洋) / Tang Yuanting (唐渊渟)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by jdileo, Apr 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Given the revelation that quite a few famous top-notch athletes in other sports have been known to be taking banned substances under TUE, I'd say that's a good and safe option if she doesn't want to lose all her ranking points. Why risk anything when there's a safe and officially approved way.

But I tend to attribute it to a compounding of reasons, one, her health issue, the way Li Yongbo and Zhao Jianhua put it, it's not injury (I suspect gynaecological problem without speculating too much as we should respect her privacy);two, her disappointment at Rio'16 without even a bronze medal, specifically let down by Yu Yang including her embarrassing outburst; and,three,her parents who might be pressurising her to finish her university studies now that she's flunked her Olympic goal (I repeat, her parents were initially strongly opposed to her going full-time professional but she insisted and I won't be surprised she struck a deal with them to let her try out for a few years to see if she could make it big,if not, she'd go back to school, something like that if I may speculate on this one. Whatever it is, somebody posted that she's got a place in Wuhan University and I supposed the new academic year begins early next year). So , all in all, she's in a quandary and needed time to recuperate and think it over during the off period which I guessed is what the CBA would've like her to do instead of retiring in a flutter. Just saying.

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    for me Tang already make it big & no need to go back to school liaw, i am sure what she can earn now is much more than an average engineer can earn in china, thus, might be your theory of gynae problem is true.

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Sadly DPY and BCL's career were much better than WZM's. I wish him the best in whatever he is going to do after badminton.

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

OFFICIAL :

Tang Yuanting has announced retirement from all forms of Professional Badminton

Source : Tang Yuanting

Untitled1.png

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sad, sadder, saddest news. First, Bao Yixin, the rest more of less expected as they've indicated recently, now, Tang Yuanting. What a huge waste of talent. Only 23 years old, born 2nd Aug 1994. Sigh.

6. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Maybe the parents have a different view on that, not limiting themselves to money consideration. Education is highly valued in many circles in China

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Sad, did she say which career path she's headed down?

8. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I did not see mention of it. She went to Wuhan university, where I studied in my young age. It has a good reputation in China

nokh88 and pcll99 like this.
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe she'll go back to school, to finish her university education full-time, which is what her parents always wanted.

10. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

She graduated from university already. She still may return to court, some time down the road. She posted the admission to graduate study at the same university. But she will more likely go abroad.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Justin L likes this.
  11. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Well the article on Aiyuke says Wuhan university, but the pictures here shows university of geosciences.
    In the past the university of hydrology and electricity had been separated from Wuhan university for about 20 years before being reunited with it. Maybe the university of geosciences is more or less a sort of college inside Wuhan u.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    You must be very good in your studies to be admitted at a young age.

13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

It's just because I'm old now

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Rather short course.... It's only one full university year since the Olympics

15. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Why didn't she give a minor electric shock to Yu Yang then?

#55 Nine Tailed Fox, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  16. Master

Master Regular Member

Do you mean she have been admitted in master degree at the same university?

If so, I think she will take that chance to. And wow Geosciences. She's interested in earth-related sciences.

Hmm... Maybe she have been studied in university when she starting badminton training.

How about Yu Xiaohan joining Summer Universiade if she's not a university student?
    Some university students also get their dispensation if there are special case (e.g. sport duties). So they might still able to study without worrying any problem regarding badminton training.

If I'm not mistaken Zhao Yunlei also taking her master degree after she retired from national team, so she have been university student while she was in national team at the same time.

#56 Master, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

In pics showed up here we have her post-graduate student booklet. So in some ways she got there already, either by exemption of by part-time study while playing badminton.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Quite hard to do a masters afterwards though. Exemptions mean fewer assignments and less practice at writing.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I don't think Tang Yuanting's parents are satisfied with her first undergrad degree, a basic full-year degree in geosciences. If she is going abroad to further her studies, then her badminton is gone for good, three years later, she'll be 27.

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon