Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That shows how narrow minded you are instead of looking at the team as a whole. If you improve the process, the whole team will come up.

Maybe you are correct though. I remember before you said some of the players don't have good basics. :)

2. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I am not narrow minded, mind yourself.
    I am stating that XD is not up yet.

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Cool it guys.
    Peace.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Shrug. Looking at the bigger picture is a wonderful trait.

5. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Knowing when to admit you are wrong should be a good trait.

Cheung likes this.
  6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Progress :D

CIA-99 likes this.
  7. aril79

aril79 Regular Member

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

10. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    golly gee... i have no idea...:rolleyes:

11. Micheal8

Micheal8 Regular Member

The pot calling the kettle black. Can you open up your mind and look at the bigger picture? Don't be such narrow minded. Mind you Malaysia Badminton is not just MS. This thread topic itself is about BAM as the whole not just MS. Take LCW out from the equation and you will see that all dept. in BAM is having the same problem....

The ultimate target is to have every dept. having players in the Top 10 & win SS annually.

Do you still remember your post below? Or u do mean to say all coach (WS, WD, MD, XD, MS) only concentrated on LCW? LMAO.

#2411 Micheal8, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  12. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/bad...forget-superseries-and-grand-prix-gold-meets/

The Star has one piece of information that's not reported in NST:

"To approve a more relaxed rule by allowing Under-18 players to play in international tournaments. This will be done by scrapping the rule where an Under-18 player can only compete in an international tournament if he or she had participated in national tournaments."

That seems like a positive development.

But restricting independent players from joining GPG level events and above seems like a nonsensical idea. How do you know if a player is good if you just restrict them to GP level and below events? Performing well at lower levels don't guarantee that a player will play well at higher levels, or for that matter, improve their levels to GPG level or higher once they enter BAM. State of the art training facilities and training may not mean anything at all. The entire chain of thought is not very logical.

Plus, independent clubs/players are likely not as well funded as BAM. They will more likely be more selective in the competitions that they want to go to get the best value out of it.

13. Master

Master Regular Member

The answer is "they should join national team".

The BAM council have decided to limit the participation of state and independent players to only GP tournaments and below so as to ensure that our national interest is protected and that we’ll have the best players in our set-up,” said Norza after chairing the third council meeting at Academy Badminton Malaysia (ABM) in Bukit Kiara.

The new ruling, however, does not apply to independent players who have played for at least one year in the Superseries main draw. That means shuttlers like Chong Wei Feng, Zulfadli Zulkiffli, Liew Daren, Tan Boon Heong, Lim Khim Wah, Sannatasah Saniru, K. Yogendran and Mohd Arif Abdul Latif can still compete in the higher-ranked tournaments.

Japan, China and South Korea are already doing this. Look at Lee Yong-dae (Korean doubles superstar). He does not get a chance to play in Superseries after quitting last year,” said

Norza, who was clearly unhappy with players leaving the national set-up at their whims and fancies.

Some of our players find the national training too difficult and jump to a professional club and play in the Superseries. There’s no way they can do this now.

The clubs push players from nobody to world No. 50 or champions at the GP-level. The BAM will then turn them into medallists at the world meet and Olympic Games. We do it for the country."

Right now, there are no clubs with the infrastructure to produce world-beaters, unless someone can prove me wrong. The BAM have the best facilities and experts. Let us build these players into world-beaters."

Source: http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/bad...forget-superseries-and-grand-prix-gold-meets/

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I suppose lack of common sense can be applied. It's quite systemic in Malaysia.

I did say Mxd doubles doing quite well so I don't know what your beef is. It was CIA 99 only concentrating on a single pair's results whereas I prefer looking at the whole picture. Obviously (or maybe not that obvious), Mxd doubles is a pair of players working together and not a single player. ;)

15. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Jeremy Gan resign as coach after 15 years with BAM

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Quite an interesting development. It sort of follows the Japan National team rules but I think the wording in the reports are quite draconian.

BAM have the best facilities and experts in the country - I believe this to be true.

On the other side of the coin, are they turning out world beaters on a regular basis? If they are, I don't think any player would want to leave BAM. If not, despite the best facilities and experts, why are they not turning out the world beaters?

If a player can trust BAM to make them into a world beater, BAM shouldn't have anything to worry about and certainly not be worried about independent clubs......

17. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

I do not disagree that they should do it for the country. I disagree if BAM can turn them into medallists at higher levels as BAM has suggested.

The results speak for themselves. If BAM could really turn them into medallists at higher levels, then nobody would want to leave BAM and be independent.

Therefore, the logic for restricting independent players to just GP level and below events is baffling.

"Some of our players find the national training too difficult and jump to a professional club and play in the Superseries. There’s no way they can do this now."

This, IMO, is the real reason. He's not making decisions professionally, but targeting individuals.

18. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

That's quite interesting

19. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Doubles coach Jeremy decides it’s time to move on from BAM and it could be India

20. Micheal8

Micheal8 Regular Member

Some people blamed BAM....
    Some people blamed the COACH.....
    Some people blamed the PLAYERS.......
    Some people (shockingly) blamed LCW.......if LCW retired other players (including WS & WD) will have the chance to win SS. LMAO :D

#2420 Micheal8, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017