India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

I want to play in Tahoe China Open.

swsh likes this.
  2. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    We need to have a BC meet up at PBL.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Absolutely, Mumbai? What are the dates again?

4. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Wait it won't be in Siri Fort? :p

5. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    The reason I am re-posting my post from 2012 is to make a point that even I think there should not be conflict of interest. Power should never rest in one person.

But in this argument I can neither agree nor disagree with you because you are blaming someone without proper proof whatsoever. I understand that you are judging based on the information that is there for you to see. But wouldn't it be wise to reserve our judgement in this case rather than spinning a rumor mill. This is how careers get destroyed.

Do you really think a guy who himself was a victim of bias, who was discouraged and ignored is capable of ruining other players careers. Have you ever read his interviews or heard him speak on issues of coaches or infrastructure?

Gopi is busy building a training system and infrastructure, while we are wasting our time on these useless conversations.

India_badminton likes this.
  6. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    Gopi said no to aerated, high sugar content, caffeine laced drinks. Not energy drinks that enhances athlete's performance.

It is Sindhu who is endorsing the drink not Gopi. But even if he endorsed it why will he say no to energy drinks that's specifically made for athletes to improve performance?

Seems like you are blaming Gopi just for the sake of it.

#2266 rahuldarga, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Wow. Am I blaming? . Please don't come to conclusions as if somebody did it before. I just posted a link where some interesting things has been written. I thought it would be correct to post that . First of all, think before posting. Did anybody speak about Vaishnavi ? . The mental agony a player will go through when everything goes wrong against her is simply unbelievable. You people keep on telling that Hopi did not do anything. There is a proverb which says " you don't need to do anything but if you keep silent when something goes wrong under your control, that is even a bigger fault."
    If coaches select gayathri neglecting Vaishnavi , as a head coach , what he should done to correct it? He should have correct it immediately . But instead of saying some other reasons. BWF World no.10 player is neglected for her daughter who does not have ranking at all. You people keep on telling about his honesty. A honest person won't be silent if he has powers in his hands. He would have corrected it immediately without letting it to grow bigger. Instead they silenced the player and her family using political presence. I pity Vaishnavi. I don't care how good is Gayathri. I don't want short cut for selection. Be straight forward.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

8. India_badminton

India_badminton Regular Member

Indian Junior team selection Panel: (not as a reply to some one but for the information of others)

President/Senior vice president BAI (Chairman), Sanjay Mishra (Junior chief coach), Uday Pawar, Vimal Kumar, Jwala Gutta, Aravind Bhat, Akshay Dewalkar, Aparna Popat (Govt. Nominee), Anup Narang (BAI gen sec/convenor), one Special Invitee

9. Baddyforall

No way BAI president is involved. He himself said that it was coaches decision and who are those coaches. They all come under Gopichand. What else i should say ?

He could have corrected the mistake done by his subordinates. But he did not. If a project is a failure, authories will ask Manager not his subordinates. So, don't give excuses .

10. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Both the Gopichand Academy and Prakash Padukone Academy have a clear advantage of top level coaches when their players participate in domestic competitions. The players from across India are at a disadvantage as they don't have the same quality of coaches. Naturally when Gayatri Gopichand, Samiya Farooqui etc play against Aakarshi Kashyap, Malvika Bansod they have a clear advantage with better coaches, training facilities, If the other players also had access to the same coaches they could also play even better.
    Ashmita Chalhia, Purva Barve showed how well they can play at WJC when they have access to top level coaches at WJC.

The Gopichand Academy is also a National Training Center funded by SAI and has the best and most coaches. Players have access to a battery of International and National coaches, from Mulyo Handoyo. Tan Kim Her and others. This is great for the players who have access to this system but for the players who are spread across India they also need a similar training centers. While there is a blue print to set up 5 such centers it will take a long time to implement. In the short term more National Camps are needed across India for players outside the south zone.

As I have stated earlier an exception was made by the selection committee for both Vaishnavi Jakka Reddy and Gayatri Gopichand as neither are eligible for WJC based on BAI's selection criteria. Vaishnavi hasn't performed in India's domestic circuit and Gayatri hasn't performed in the U-19 category. Both players wanted to play singles and only Gayatri got her wish. There is also another concern as Gayatri revealed she was injured. Fully fit players are always better than injured players. I really wish this whole controversy could have been avoided. I hope that Gayatri Gopichand will register in the U-19 tournaments in future.

Link: http://www.badmintonindia.org/download/organization/Sub-Junior and Junior Indian BadmintonTeams.pdf

Selection Criteria
    a) Current Domestic Ranking and International Ranking
    b) Current Performance of the Players in Domestic Circuit
    c) Current Performance of the Players in International Circuit
    d) Head to head results during last six (06) months
    e) Physical fitness of the Players
    f) Consistency of players’ Performance during the last six (06) months
    g) Attendance in National Coaching Camp and Discipline
    h) Participation of players in National Championship.

I really like Gayatri Gopichand
    and know she will become better with each year. I am certain it is just a matter of time before she wins the U-19 Title in singles and doubles. Though both Gayatri and Samiya Farooqui will abandon doubles at a later point.

I support all Indian players no matter where they are from. It is important to ask questions and look at ways Indian badminton can be improved. We should not remain silent. It is natural that there will be differences of opinion and we may not agree with many issues. The important thing is that we don't get personal and try and put the other person down. Let us treat each other with dignity and respect. We all care about Indian badminton and want India to become a powerhouse in badminton. :)

11. India_badminton

Just a small correction our junior players don't get a chance to train under Mulyo or Tan kim her, yes they have access to other top level coaches. Arun vishnu along with some others are heading the junior doubles coaching at PGBA (we should not blame Tan Kim Her for the under performance of our doubles players at WJC) and some other good Indian coaches are taking care of singles.

12. Baddyforall

According to me, strip these coaches from his academy and rotate those coaches to all academies in india . Select academies across all the region and rotate these coaches for some period of time instead of giving all the facilities , send some money to Tamilnadu and Kerala where there is no national academies. Karan Rajan Rangarajan is a good player but i see his techinque got struck to a level which is good for international series and challenges tournaments. But if players like him want to improve, they need to be provided with best coaching facilities and fund from the Government. Fed up with Government's decision in sending these money only to few academies. Very unfortunate.

13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Gayatri and Samiya also train with the seniors.
    Link: https://thefield.scroll.in/853427/m...and-the-latest-prodigy-from-gopichand-academy
    Gayatri, who was of the same age, in doubles. However, both girls eventually aim to be full-time singles players. Currently, they even train with the seniors’ batch at the Gopichand Academy, along with the likes of PV Sindhu and K Srikanth. “Their session starts at 8 am now so it’s more relaxed,” said Imaduddin.

14. India_badminton

I too read that recent article, it says they some time train with seniors like srikanth and sindhu, but not with mulyo or tan kim her. I read the recent dhruv and krishna's interview where they say under whom they train, from that I have concluded that juniors train under good indian coaches.

15. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Do you know where Chief Junior Coach Sanjay MIshra is based? Is he also coaching at the Gopichand Academy?
    https://thefield.scroll.in/853427/m...and-the-latest-prodigy-from-gopichand-academy
    "Samiya's main focus now will be to improve her accuracy, added Mishra. “We don’t want to change her game pattern, but bring more power and accuracy to it."

16. Baddyforall

17. India_badminton

He is related to chattisgarh badminton association I guess(heard that from one of the conversations in twitter), he is based in some raja ram mohan roy academy in madhya pradesh.

18. India_badminton

@badmuse ashmita's coach went with her guess, she has the same coach bahniman borah from assam badminton academy, he is part of the coaching staff of WJC . The academy ashmita trains have good foreign coaches too. Purva barve trains at NKBA under nikhil kanetkar, he is good too, he has pratul, aditya, sanyogita etc etc training under him. There are many foreign coaches all over india, some are in lucknow too itseems.

I feel the person who doesn't have proper coach is aakrashi, she has many offers to come to PPBA & PGBA but I think her father is not interested to send her there. She need's real good coach and sparing partners now

badmuse likes this.
  19. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Indian Junior Team showing team spirit!

20. India_badminton

Nice, I have to share this