Racquets similar to Armortec700

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Mashpotato, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Mashpotato

Mashpotato New Member

So I had an armortec 700 for a while and I broke my strings during the Summer. I know I was suppose to cut all the strings but I was being stupid and I didn't. I heard strings can wrap the frame so I'm guessing it did.

[​IMG]

I was wondering if it's possible to fix the frame or can someone suggest a racquet similar to the armortec 700? I'm currently looking at these racquets from the brown sports store (I'm in Toronto, Canada) and I can pick one up tomorrow. Here's the link to the racquets at the Brown Store. I have a bit of a small budget so I'm eyeing the Voltric 5 right now.

https://www.brownssports.com/index.php?id_category=66&controller=category

https://www.brownssports.com/index.php?id_category=65&controller=category

https://www.brownssports.com/index.php?id_category=68&controller=category

Thanks for all the help guys!

#1 Mashpotato, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    VT-LDF is similar, a tad stiffer.

you might have some luck with VT-8

3. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    on budget... pick up a VTF! more budget. ZF2...

4. Mashpotato

Mashpotato New Member

Isn't that $240? The voltric 5 is around $90!

5. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
  6. Mashpotato

Mashpotato New Member

7. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Li Ning n90, don’t know how much more similar you could get

7un4tran and swsh like this.
  8. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    From personal experience since I actually have 2 Yonex Armortec 700 (1 2nd Gen CP coded and 1 2012 edition TW coded), Li Ning N90 1st gen, Li Ning N55III, Yonex Voltric Z Force 2, Yonex Voltric Lin Dan Force, and Victor Thruster K Dong. I remove all my base grip when I change new grips but I believe the balance point has alot to do with it as well as stiffness. Both Armortec 700 are 318mm balance point and extra stiff but normally non CP coded 2nd gen is flexible unlike my CP coded. The Z Force 2 and N55III are 315mm with the N90 1st gen at a close 314mm. Lin Dan Force is at 321mm, so its a bit head heavier and Thruster K Dong is around 318mm. The K Dong is exclusively only available in mainland China since it represents China's special olympics badminton coach Dong Jiong. Very powerful racket and Dong was known in his prime for 1 hit kill smashes. All rackets are 3U G5. Hope this helps.

alexnd2008 likes this.
  9. rkukg

rkukg New Member

Technical Officer
    7un4tran , I am interested to know more about TK Dong. Would you please tell me your experience with it. Victor has introduced this racket in India too.. Currently I am familiar with Voltric 7 and Voltric 5, both head heavy. How's TK Dong?

10. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    If you are coming from the Voltric 7 and 5, its quite an upgrade. The TK Dong has a small head similar to the Voltric Z Force 2 but very slightly bigger. It has a sharp frame so its got great aerodynamic qualities for defense. Being head heavy, plus aerodynamic, you will be rewarded with a faster AND heavier swing for every stroke. Its a standard stiff shaft, so it should be easier to backhand clear than a Voltric Z Force 2. Voltric 5 and 7 are user friendlier in that they are slower rackets, therefore easier to time your swings. I find that faster rackets invite a larger margin of error in timing. Especially when moving from a slow racket to a fast racket. Being head heavy however, does give it a very good feel for doing delicate touch shots, so long as you dont frame your shots since the aerodynamic frames tend to be much less forgiving towards frame shots than standard box shape frames. Hope this helps.

11. rkukg

rkukg New Member

Technical Officer
    Thank you sir.. Aerodynamic frames are much less forgiving towards frame shots..Is that sentence a caution? Will it break in the event of a mishit ?

12. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    Not that, its just when you mishit with a box shape frame, the shuttle will more likely still go in the intended direction though much weaker. Areodynamic frames are usually very sharp edged and sharp edge means when you frame, there is literally no telling where the shuttle will go next. Ive had times where I framed a straight net push and the shuttle flared completely 90 degrees left.

13. rkukg

rkukg New Member

Technical Officer
    Thank you , Sir..

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

14. rkukg

rkukg New Member

Technical Officer
    I bought TK Dong. It's a very good racket. I purchased a 4u version. Easy to handle, loaded with enough power. In India for this racket price is less compared to Chinese market.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk