Viktor Axelsen

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by LD rules!, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Aventus

Aventus New Member

How accurate is VA's written Chinese? I wonder how many Chinese fans he has...

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Nowhere near Lin Dan's - The GOAT level.

samkool likes this.
  3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The type who play can be divided into two. Those who only play socially and those with training and competitive experience. Those with competitive experience know the mental aspect has a big role to play and not easy to turn around in a match.

Mentally challenging matches where it goes backwards and forwards are the most interesting.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It's quite good judging from Facebook posts. But those are only short sentences.

5. Mr Arc2

Mr Arc2 Regular Member

All them excuses for his meldown :-/

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

He never had a shoulder injury.

7. Aventus

Aventus New Member

"Problems with shoulder" is codeword for "I don't want to face Kidambi so soon again, he haunts me in my dreams"

8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Guys. Leave it. Top players will withdrew from tournaments to analyse , regroup and strengthen their game. This is normal. Srikanth is in the opposite side of the draw.
    So, there is much more to this withdrawal than you guys are thinking.
    Let's not forget Chen long and lee Chong wei, who are still there and according to me, they are the favourites.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

s_mair and nokh88 like this.
  9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Why should we doubt him?

10. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

viktor haunts u that much? getting boring by reading justin post abt tai's streak vs xuerui's streak and now this. Just make a long type and stop spamming all over the forum

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Perfectly fine for him to skip the French Open for whatever reasons. He has a solid lead in the world rankings and won't lose any points for the French Open anyway. And if he has just tiny itch in his shoulder, that's even more reason to skip and prepare for the season finale. He also withdrew from the Korean Open after his first round loss in Indonesia and look what happened in the following World Championships.

And so far he has always been open about his reasons for a withdrawal. Before the Korean Open he stated clearly that he felt mentally weak and needed to recharge his batteries at home. I don't see why he should start faking reasons now.

12. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Even if his is faking, he deserves a break.
    But I think he's the type of guy who wouldn't want a break and would want to keep going.

CIA-99 likes this.
  13. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

14. Aventus

Aventus New Member

"the sport is huge in China"

Not sure what this guy is smoking. Badminton is no where near #1 in China as far as popularity goes. The popularity of both Table Tennis and Badminton is decreasing in China every year, compared to other sports.

Popularity of Lin Dan ≠ popularity of badminton

15. visor

visor Regular Member

In VA's defence, he said it is huge in China, he didn't say it was the hugest...

As far as sports participation goes, I think it's table tennis, badminton, soccer, basketball... And running (if that can be considered a sport) would be #1.

And even if only 5% of the population in China plays badminton (and that's likely an underestimate) , that would make it almost 70 million people! Now I would consider that huge by any other country's standard!

Cheung and Abu Tanki like this.
  16. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

This kinda comments getting tiresome,, and there are absolutely non whatsoever substance or intention to get any proper dialogue running.
    BTW Your Trolling techniques are just miserable.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You disappoint me. I thought you've sense of proportion and able to differentiate between us, apparently not. Or you're just being willful.:p:D:)

18. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I think, and maybe this will prove controversial, but I think that Viktor's mental game hasn't improved where it needs to improve.

He was always excellent technically, it's hard to deny that. His big weakness was, as demonstrated by KM in that SSF, when he's faced with a situation he can't deal with a couple times over, he loses it. I don't think he.. actually overcame that. Viktor has played some phenomenal matches recently, all executed with pin point accuracy - but he's not been facing those 'I can't deal with this and I need to regain myself' situations.

I think rather, Viktor's technical excellence is simply shining. He is playing such a strong game his opponents can't put him in those situations a lot of the time. His angled attacking game is devastating, and many players end up being reactive rather than proactive against him.

I think he has a lot to iron out in his mental game yet, and it really niggles away at me that one injury, one rolled ankle, one bad knee, could take his only defence for his mental game.

nizze, swsh, thyrif and 2 others like this.
  19. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

the same thing is it both boring. But i didnt call you spammer[​IMG]

20. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    you have a laid out a reasonable observation.

what people don't seem to get is you can have a glaring weakness and still be the best player in the world. the rankings are undisputably earned whether haters like it or not.

if you think player X is better than player Y, but player X can't beat 4 other opponents during a tournament in order to meet player Y in the finals, over the course of 52 weeks, is player X really better than player Y?

the obvious retort is 'what about the ld/lcw rivalry?' since there hasn't been any other long term rivalries similar to theirs, it cannot serve as a basis for a reasonable argument.

swsh likes this.