Show us your badminton shoes!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Sgbad, Mar 28, 2008.

1. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

According to Yonex's website, Power cushion+ has 25% shock absorption and 12% repulsion, while the Aerus with the 3-layer cushioning has 30% shock absorption and just 5% repulsion or whatever those specs mean. I just don't know how each of them performs in terms of durability, tension retension and control:D

2. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    Haha usual Yonex jargon.

3. lurker

lurker Regular Member

all 3 current active pairs sports the similar sizes?

4. dwankwi

dwankwi Regular Member

Yes. Same size for all 3 Yonex pairs.

5. Gjcly

Gjcly Regular Member

Does the 03z fit tts? Or should I size down

Is it loose/wide?

6. dwankwi

dwankwi Regular Member

The 03z's are neither too narrow nor too wide. I think they fit true to size but best to find a local Yonex dealer and try them on.

7. Lisa Baier

Lisa Baier New Member

Two weeks ago finally arrived my new shoes.
    I was surprised a long time ago to buy new shoes. However, I have postponed it again and again.
    But when I saw, that these were reduced at http://www.otto.nl I had to buy them.
    How do you like these?
    [​IMG]

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Feel severely trolled tbh

9. shirod.nmbr

shirod.nmbr Regular Member

I love this design! But honestly can't play too long in these shoes as it feels heavy after a few games [​IMG]

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

10. dwankwi

dwankwi Regular Member

SHB65z.jpeg

Currently using these 65z's. They are amazing. More comfortable and more supportive than the 65EX.

I've used quite a number of other Yonex Power Cushion models as well in the past - the 03z's, Aerus 2, Aerus 1, 02 Limited, 01 Limited, F1 MX, 92 Limited and 101 MX. The 65z is by far the best all round model in terms of weight, grip, support, cushioning, fit and design. It's a little pricey though, now that it's still new in the market.

#1130 dwankwi, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    badmintony likes this.
  11. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

The pairs still in use....
    PICT_20171203_125321.JPG

racketman123 likes this.
  12. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    IMG_0086.JPG mizuno wave twister 4. Nice bang, light and have a proper feedback feel to it.

13. Sommersby

Sommersby New Member

Maybe I need new pair? :D

Attached Files:

14. KAPIL HARLALKA

KAPIL HARLALKA Regular Member

How are Mizuno badminton shoes.

15. accenture1

accenture1 Regular Member

16. dwankwi

dwankwi Regular Member

BE7EAC01-A3C8-41E3-8817-983475E2A317.jpeg

Mizuno Wave Fang SS2 “Super Wide”
    Size: US9 / UK8 / EUR42 / JP27.0cm
    Price: MYR460.90 (original price is MYR659.00)
    Where to buy: World of Sports outlets in Kuala Lumpur

Some useful information for prospective buyers:-

*Note: I regularly use Yonex SHB badminton shoes. Over the years, I have worn 10 different pairs i.e. the SHB92LTD, SHB101MX, SHB01LTD, SHB02LTD, SHB03ZM, SHBF1MX, SHB Aerus LCW, SHB Aerus 2, SHB65EX and SHB65ZM. To give some context, my simple review below is based on a comparison between the Mizuno Wave Fang SS2 and my experience with the aforementioned Yonex SHB badminton shoes.

(1) Although this is the “Super Wide” variant, the shoes actually fit rather snugly if: (i) you buy exactly the right size, and (ii) you wear proper badminton socks with them (e.g. Yonex/Victor player model socks).

(2) To address any lingering doubts, the shoes do not feel overly spacious and/or bulbous as though they are designed for people with very stubby and/or wide feet. They actually fit and feel very much like normal-cut badminton shoes. Therefore, if you are used to wearing e.g. regular Yonex SHB badminton shoes (i.e. the non-wide variants), this model should fit you just fine.

(3) You may follow the same size as your Yonex SHB badminton shoes when buying this model online (or in any other situation where trying-on the shoes is not an option). But, as with all shoes, particularly badminton shoes, it's always best to try them on before buying.

(4) The shoes feel rather light and like my Mizuno running trainers they are quite comfortable. Very good built quality as well.

(5) Yonex SHB badminton shoes in general feel as though they wrap around the ankle a little more than Mizuno badminton shoes. This gives the wearer a slightly increased "sense" of confidence that the shoes are supportive and would not slip off during games. The Mizuno Wave Fang SS2 (except for the "mid" variant) has a lower profile design, giving it a more fashion forward look perhaps at the expense of a little bit of ankle support. Nevertheless, despite the foregoing, be rest assured that they would not actually slip off during games if you have tied your shoelaces properly.

(6) Aesthetically, I think the shoes look very pretty. In fact, Mizuno has always been up there in terms of design and cutting with their Wave Fang SS series. Very versatile colour option as well, which pairs beautifully with any colour of jersey and shorts. Some players in the Japanese national team are currently using this model.

#1136 dwankwi, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  17. dwankwi

dwankwi Regular Member

To answer your question, you might want to look at my recent post on the Mizuno Wave Fang SS2 "Super Wide" shoes.

18. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Finally got a pair of these and have used them for quite sometime now. They are comfortable than my lousy 75EX (power cushion my dingdong:p). But to be brutally frank, somehow I feel that Skechers Go walk shoes feel more like real cushioned shoes than any of the cushioned badminton shoes I've tried so far:D

19. dwankwi

dwankwi Regular Member

Yeah, you could be right that these Skechers Go Walk shoes (whatever these are) feel more cushioned (I suppose you mean more plush?) than Yonex SHB's. Good to know you're enjoying the SHB 65ZM's.

20. dwankwi

dwankwi Regular Member

Yonex SHB03z White & Navy Laces.jpeg

Size: US9 / UK8 / EUR42 / JP27.0cm
    Price: MYR433.00 (original price is MYR669.00)
    Where to buy: Vsmash Sports, Jalan Kuchai Lama, Kuala Lumpur.

I bought the coral red version of the SHB03ZM late last year whilst I was on holiday in Bangkok, Thailand. I was curious with the "inner bootie" design of the shoes and thought why not give it a go. You might recall from my previous posts that I have used numerous Yonex badminton shoe models throughout the years, and for me the SHB65 series was one of the best, until I tried the SHB03ZM's.

When I first put on the SHB03ZM shoes, I thought that they were very comfortable. They did not grip my feet overly tightly the way a new pair of SHB65's might have, yet I could feel that they were snug and supportive in all the right areas. It felt as though Yonex had struck an ideal balance between what is tight and loose.

Performance-wise, I was very happy with them. They were comfortable, snug, fairly lightweight and looked aesthetically great. Thus far, I have not suffered any discomfort from using the SHB03ZM's. It really left me wondering whether Yonex could engineer another model quite as good as this one in the future (I am not surprised that the SHB03ZM is the current model of choice for Datuk Lee Chong Wei).

So, on the back of all that positive feedback, I went and bought the white one today -- the latest colour in the SHB03ZM range. I thought they looked great with a darker pair of shoelaces so I bought a pair of navy blue Yonex JP coded oval laces and swapped out the original grey ones.

You have got to see this pair of shoes in the flesh. It looks achingly gorgeous up front, and in many ways, the picture above doesn't quite do it justice. I love how the "inner bootie" design makes the shoes look somewhat seamless and aerodynamic. The contoured lace configuration follows the natural curvature of the human foot, and the lateral side of the shoes are slightly wider to give that extra bit of support and confidence to the wearer. The coral red version is bold, modern and revolutionary but I like how the plain and simple white colour greets the wearer with a tinge of classic old school feel.

Right. Enough of me talking. Go to your nearest Yonex dealer and try them on. Trust me on this.

#1140 dwankwi, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018