YONEX French Open 2017 : Qualifications - FINALS (October 24-29)

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by Master, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

There is no rule whatsoever which prevent the usage of both hands in badminton game and to use hands interchangebly.
    You can even read the thread here in BC regarding the possibilities of using 2 rackets with 2 hands in the 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' section.
    You can check it out.

visor and Baddyforall like this.
  2. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

No, she didn't. I really don't understand how you could watch that match and think that.

I'm taking the time and effort now to go through this, because it is sunday morning, I've already emptied the dishwasher, got ample time on my hands and because I really don't like the narrative that AY only wins because she's basically good at running.
    She's also a very intelligent player with great technique and fantastic shotmaking, and stating PVS "dictated the game" until 12-12 is denying these qualities.
    I'm sure nobody wants to go through the following, but I'm also doing this to see if my own initial viewing (AY dictating the game in its entirity, but making a lot of mistakes in the first game, which she later cut out) holds true, or if I've turned into a blind fanboy already. :D

[Warning: Don't read this if you've got any sanity left. :D]
    0-0 AY brings PVS back with a serve, to the front with a drop, back with a clear, scores winner with cross drop. Moves maybe two yards from base position.
    1-0 AY brings PVS back with a serve, to the front with cross block, back again with clear, two even exchanges by both players, then drop by AY that forces PVS to make a bad lift, smash down the line, next direct winner by AY.
    2-0 Even exchange where both players bring each other back and forth. Ends with AY putting a cross smash after a short lift by PVS into the net. Unforced error AY.
    2-1 Drop by PVS, long clear by AY, cross clear by PVS, half pace longline smash AY, tame black return PVS to the middle of court, longline smash AY, next block to middle of court by PVS, UE AY at drop shot.
    2-2 Fairly immediate UE PVS.
    3-2 PVS bringing AY front with a half smash, good cross drop by PVS, good counter drop by AY, net exchange, UE AY with a clear attempt. (UE because the last net shot by PVS wasn't good and put no pressure on AY)
    3-3 After serve. AY brings PVS to the back with two clears, body smash PVS, block error AY (not calling this unforced, even though the smash wasn't all that)
    3-4 AY brings PVS back with lift, front with cross block, passive lift by PVS, UE AY with cross smash
    3-5 Even exchange after serve, even net play, UE PVS
    4-5 UE PVS on service return
    5-5 Even clear exchange, winner PVS with great cross smash
    5-6 Long rally, advantages for PVS initially, later for AY, precise attacking clears and drop shots that eventually force the error from PVS
    6-6 Short net exchange with short lift from PVS, body smash AY, block PVS, drive AY, block PVS, drop AY, lift PVS, UE AY from drop shot
    6-7 AY puts pressure on PVS with clear and drive to the body, AY with smash winner.
    7-7 Exchange with PVS in drivers seat and AY with block drops, net exchange, PVS force error from AY with great net shot
    7-8 Even exchange with both players pushing each other across the court, UE AY with drop attempt
    7-9 Body smash PVS, block AY, lift PVS, drop AY, lift PVS, punch clear AY, drop shot error PVS (wouldn't call this UE, because the clear was good)
    8-9 Longer exchange with PVS initially dictating with smashes and drops, AY gaining control with cross block, lift and three smashes in a row, winner AY
    9-9 UE PVS on service return
    10-9 Fast drop PVS, clear AY, half paced smash PVS, midcourt exchange, UE AY
    10-10 Even exchange with clear, smash and drops, UE PVS
    11-10 Smash PVS, block drop AY, drive PVS, block drop AY, drop PVS, lift AY, smash PVS, forces error AY on cross block attempt. This rally I think PVS dictated, even though she was forced to cover much more ground. Also think the cross block was on the line -->challenge
    11-11 Even rally with both players pushing each other across court, winner PVS with amazing smash
    11-12 Body smash AY, block PVS, drive AY, block PVS, smash AY, forced error PVS
    12-12

[You can continue reading.]

Conclusion (12-12)
    • AY PVS
    • Unforced errors: 7 5
    • "Forced" errors 3 3
    • Winners 4 2

As shown above, unforced errors by AY were the #1 source of points for Sindhu. The #1 source of points for both players, actually, and by some distance as well.

This is just not true. First of all, the two points from Sindhu to reach 14 were winners by her after good rallies. Secondly, from 14-14 on, Sindhu did not make a single error. Not one. It is 7 straight winners by AY. So the entire narrative that is spun here is completely false. In the first half of the game, Yamaguchi supposedly "got everything back" and made "very few errors" when there was hardly any shot really hard to "get back" and she also made a ton of easy mistakes. Past 14-14 it is supposedly all Sindhu's errors, when she made none.

What actually happened: AY simply stopped making mistakes and played much better than Sindhu.
    She scored 11 winners in the first game to Sindhu's 4. That's why she won, not because "she got everything back and Sindhu made so many mistakes".
    This is of course a harder explanation to swallow for Gill (disgustingly biased yesterday), PVS and her fans, but still true.
    Hope there's no hard feelings, I just don't like when a super nice person like AY doesn't even get credit when she performs brilliantly.

visor and Mario21 like this.
  3. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

After reading your post , only one thing i wanna tell you. You are hell of a Akane Yamaguchi's fan. Simply unbelievable. :eek:

4. Baddyforall

Sindhu's interview after the match.
    "I gave her a big lead in the second; to cover that and come back was tough. I couldn’t play my game. Akane’s defence was very good. I’ve seen her videos, her defence in this tournament has been very good. She was picking all my smashes today. Maybe I shouldn’t have attacked so much. She didn’t make any mistakes today. Everything went right for her today.”

nilesh123 likes this.
  5. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    So Paris changed its clock today? At GMT +1
    Have to wait longer :(

6. Baddyforall

Yes. Yesterdat GC said that at 12 pm midnight, they will change the clock.

7. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

i was referring to carsten face turning red while it was still in the middle of game 1 vs hejiting tanqiang match if i remember correctly ....
    it reminded me of VA similar tomato face when he ran out of stamina in denmark open last week during his loss to srikanth...
    very lucky it didn't really quite have the same effect this time around ... carsten hung on and in fact managed to win the match..... i would give some credit of it being doubles match and not single

it's negative for sure and i find it unacceptable for a professional player although him being 34 yrs old excuses it a tiny bit
    it's nothing of skin color or racial discrimination or the sort
    i just find the apparent lack of fitness among some Danish players --- very dumb

oh and the thing Denmark said few years ago about sport science makes it even more dumb and ironic

#807 It'sMeMeMe, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  8. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Don't you think that talking about the content of my post would have furthered discussion a bit more than talking about my person?
    Then again, it's understandable. ;)
    I could also talk about Sindhu's assessment of the game, but she's probably made those comments after the game when she was exhausted and disappointed and didn't have the opportunity to review the game, so I won't.

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Come one Lee/Lee .. at least you guys can win your first SS title and have 100% record in Final..

Sundis likes this.
  10. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Last week some genious said Boe is more fit than LHI, hahaha

It'sMeMeMe likes this.
  11. It'sMeMeMe

more like some genius said MD over the age of 30 needs more muscle than MS over the age of 30 becoz MD needs to constantly dish out power smashes..... which is among the most idiot thing i ever read on badminton forum ever

12. It'sMeMeMe

Boe bone + skin physique and do re mi ribs showing during changing shirts video needs to be posted on youtube
    i'm sure it will become the shining example of what professional athlete needs to follow if they wanna succeed in badminton

13. It'sMeMeMe

and next week someone gonna argue that Cai Yun is more fit than Fu HaiFeng....

14. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I did not find any shirtless LHI picture to use for comparing :(

15. It'sMeMeMe

ahahha

don't need shirtless pictures .... google search of lee hyun il shows plenty of leg muscle photos, almost bodybuilder-like thigh muscles

16. It'sMeMeMe

the longer the rallies and the game the more advantageous it is for the Koreans

17. It'sMeMeMe

powerful smashes from both pairs

18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Man I loved Greysia with Maheswari and now the new partner makes this partnership, unwatchable

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I wrote before AY was playing a really good game. Thanks for confirming. I don't think Sindhu made mistakes or if she did, it was because AY was playing one heck of a game.

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  20. thibier

thibier Regular Member

Could you explain me why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.