A few issues with a Premium Stringer 8600 + Wise V11

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by FlyingDutch, Dec 6, 2017.

1. FlyingDutch

FlyingDutch Regular Member

Student
    Hello fellow stringers,

i just bought a used but almost mint conditioned premium stringer 8600 that came with a floor stand and a Wise V11 Tension Head.
    Now i do have 2-3 issues.
    Let me just start with the first and worst issue: The gripper does not grip my strings. I did try a Yonex BG66 but the string just went trough the gripper with no tension applied. The seller only strung tennis rackets with thicker strings, so he never had that issue ...
    Second Issue: Does anybody know whether the side supports should be upgraded to only string badminton rackets? Iam not really happy with those fixations right now. Any suggestions?
    Third Issue: Can i somehow higher the floorstand? Iam 196cm tall, and it is kind of ... low?^^

Any help is appreciated! :)

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You need to check the position of the limiting screw:
    [​IMG]

For badminton, I would remove the setscrew completely so that the gripper can close to the maximum.

If the gripper still doesn't close completely, then first try to push the plates to the closed position with some force. The bearings on mine tend to get stuck and don't let the gripper close fully. Then lubricate the bearings with teflon lube (Ballistol or WD40 with PTFE). I need to do that every now and then to keep the gripper running smoothly.

#2 s_mair, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Gollum and FlyingDutch like this.
  3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I went even further and took the roll pin out - jaws must touch when the gripper closes.

4. FlyingDutch

Student
    Thanks, it worked. String gets gripped :)

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Nice! If you feel like experimenting a bit, I can highly recommend to have a go with my nut and bolt setup to keep the gripper partially closed:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ise-noob-questions.167894/page-2#post-2518912

The string gets gripped faster and with less action since the gripper plates don't need to travel that far. Works great and I haven't found any downsides yet. Oh, and that bigger custom switch from @Chow Mein is almost a mandatory upgrade (see http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/custom-switch-for-wise-2086.151945/page-2). ;)

6. FlyingDutch

Student
    Right now iam happy with the gripper, so i do not need your bolt and nut setup. Although it looks good. Maybe i'll try out another switch option.

I wrote to Michal Chudek to order the custom side supports. The Machine should work perfectly when the side mounts are upgraded. Hopefully he'll respond soon ^^

7. Chow Mein

Chow Mein Regular Member

Thanks for the recommendation @s_mair . That thread refers to my original switch. Updated version can be seen in action here: