Yonex Voltric 80 E-Tune

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 3, 2015.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Mate, take a deep breath and relax. I wasn't aggravated in any way - not sure why you would think that. It's a stringing pattern - presumably one of the most boring things known to mankind.

It has been said several times in here that the 80ETN needs some kind of special pattern - which is just not the case. That was all I was stressing once more. Maybe I should have quoted a different post but yours was the latest one in the row. Also I tried to explain why there are different drawings for AX77 etc. and Arc11 etc. (2+4 vs. 2+3 shared/single pass grommet pattern).

If you understood that as some kind of attack on you, then sorry. It's all good.

2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    all good bro we are the friends.

3. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

TLDR:

The Voltric 80 E-Tune uses a conventional 76-hole stringing pattern, like majority of the isometric frames out there (non yonex 76 holes included).

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless your someone like me who's fussy about having a compact quad frame for a smaller sweetspot but more repulsion when executed right. For that matter, I still apperciate isometrics for their larger sweetspot but given a choice, I would go compact quad > oval (72 hole) > isometric; don't get me wrong, isometric is great, just not what i'm after.

That aside the Voltric 80 is a great attacking racquet in its own right - Jan Jorgensen's one of my absolute favourite players and he uses a Vt-80. At my level of non-professional play, I still have vivid memories of a player who had a phenomenal flick serve and backhand clear - he was using a VT-80 :D

4. GobyShankar

GobyShankar New Member

5. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
  6. Matted

Matted Regular Member

I just git my racket today and played with it for about an hour. I strung it at 27 lbs using bg 66 ultimax, i didnt use any grommets, here are my thoughts.

First impressions with this racket was that the accuracy was amazing. I didnt have alot of errors and control was phenomenal, i could easily place the shuttle anywhere i want in the court. I could easily smash the shuttle down the line with this racket.

The maneuverability of this racket is also impressive. After hearing rumors about this racket being slow and heavy i almost didnt want to buy it but after trying it out today i can easily say that there is no problem in maneuvering this racket and its not as heavy as you might think, my arm wasnt even tired after an hour of non stop playing, keep in mind im a singles player, i don't know how this racket might fair in doubles.

For defense, it gets the job done. For singles theres no problem in returning the shuttle and you can even take really fast shots from the body with ease, again i mostly play singles so i dont know if its the same as in doubles. Though the defense is good, dont expect it to be as quick as a head light or even balance racket, but its still good and it wont fail you.

Net shots are very impressive. I was able to make really tight net shots and its amazing at kills. As i said before about the maneuverability being amazing, you can perform cross court net shots with ease.

At the back court, this racket is a beast. Clears are effortless, if you are in trouble you can easily perform a really good lift or attacking clear that will almost always land straight at the back line.

Now for smashes. This racket is PERFECT for smashes. The angle is steep, and the power is superb. You will never go wrong with power play using this racket.

Overall i really love this racket. It surpassed all of my expectations and improved my game so much. The only issues i found with this racket is that its defense is not as good as other rackets, although that is expected from a head heavy racket, and that this might not be a good doubles racket. Although im not sure about the latter statement so dont take it to heart, but based on its specifications, it might not be fast enough.

This is the perfect racket for me and i did not regret anything from buying this. I recommend this to everyone, especially players who are aggresive. 10/10 for me. Cheers!

macrotrader likes this.
  7. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    congratulations glad you are happy with your purchase.

Matted likes this.
  8. george007

george007 Regular Member

i think im reopening this thread after a long time
    guys!! i need ur suggestion on this
    i got duora 10 recently but i cant feel the way i play coz im switching from using flexible and head heavy rackets to this i cant work on my drop shots and i feel my smash is too powerless
    im planning on getting zf2 or vt80etn suggest me some
    im a backcourt player

9. Matted

Matted Regular Member

The zf2 and vt80etn arent exactly flexible, but they are head heavy. Since you just recently got the duora 10 why not play with it some more? Try changing the strings so that youll get more feel and power. Anyways between the two, 80etn since its more friendly and youll make less errors with it. Also the benefit of making the head lighter or heavier is a plus. In my opinion the zf2 is too stiff and is not really easy to use, but if youre really good and have fairly strong arms then go for it man, but the best advice i can give to you is to try out both rackets and see which one youll like more, maybe what works for me wont work for you, good luck mate.

10. george007

george007 Regular Member

thanks man this really helps

11. yeahdionnel

yeahdionnel Regular Member

Hi bro.

I was in the same dilemma about 3-4 months ago. I was choosing between zf2 and v80 etune.

I ended up with voltric80 etune due to several technical reasons. I like the head heaviness of the v80etune and its stiffness. I find zf2 very stiff.
    I also considered the possibility of tuning a racquet that's why i chose the v80 etune.

Anyway,zf2 and v80 etune has their own pros and cons,in my case i chose the v80 etune and ended up loving it.
    Few days ago i just ordered my tungsten grommets to further experiment with my v80etune

Whatever your choice will be,I hope you'll love the racquet :)

12. Matted

Matted Regular Member

Side note, based on my experience with the voltric 80 etune, i can say that drop shots are wonderful, i believe its because of the head heaviness of it thats why you have this certainty that it will go in. Smashes are also amazing as what the other users say about it

13. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

i am using the voltric 70 and i am quite happy with it. what i need is power and i was looking at voltric 80 that is why i ended up comparing with the etune version.

would users be able to share which is giving more power to clear base line given techniques and strength being the same.

14. Matted

Matted Regular Member

Are you asking about a comparison between vt80etn and vt70 or a comparison od vt80etn and vt80?

15. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

is Vt70 with v

16. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

is Vt70 with vector 80

17. Matted

Matted Regular Member

Well, vt80 is kinda like an upgrade of vt70, with better materials on it and technology. I think the vt80 can give you the power you want, but the best way to get more power is training. Goodluck mate

18. yeahdionnel

yeahdionnel Regular Member

Anyone here who tried the gold grommets on the v80 etune? Any reviews? I just ordered my grommet set today

19. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

Thanks, I just want to know if there is really any difference between the VT70 and VT80 in term of performance such as power. Of course training or rather building up ones muscle is the way to go regardless of which racket you choose.

20. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.