Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Even baby will know HS achieved more than Fu because Fu doesnt have AsianGames gold while HS have.

Booooo...

2. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

seems some of the fans here is too patriotic :eek:

yamsyams, j4ckie and Rob3rt like this.
  3. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Tony was one of the greatest player we ever had but I think actually Hendra has surpassed him and very complete titles wise. Hendra has won almost everything. I'd like to see Kevin one day to be able to surpass Hendra's level, just as Hendra has passed Tony.

4. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    27 still young for badminton player. Look at LCW, he's 35 but still lightning fast.

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Honestly, I will hold my judgement on comparing Kevin's potential ceiling with LYD, Hendra, Zhang Nan , Cai Yun, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy

We all saw he let Indonesia down in Sudirman Cup this year which acc. to me is the real test of your character. These Sudirman, Thomas Cup matches are just as crucial as WC, Olympics etc.

But definitely, he could be like LCW having an average level absolutely leagues above any other player.

stanleyfm and j4ckie like this.
  6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hahaha, yeahhhhh :D its not like Fu won Gold twice with different partners, and a Silver at a third OG, with 4 WC titles on top (and 2 AE).....that one AG Gold, which is worth considerably less than an OG Gold btw, that makes aaaaall the difference.
    Seriously, stop exaggerating Indonesian players' achievements. HS is an incredibly talented player, but you cant possibly argue that he's achieved more than Fu.
    Whether you rate him higher as an individual is subjective opinion because it's not as clear-cut as in singles, and you could make a case as Kido and Ahsan are arguably significantly worse players than Cai and Zhang, but there is no world where you can rationally, objectively state HS is better for certain. They played very different roles, making comparison even harder. Personally, I dont really see the need to make up a definitive ranking, I enjoy both of their matches, although I slightly prefer Fu/Cai's play style.

7. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

Well he still manage to beat Zhang Nan ass two straight games in Dubai with that weak technique.

8. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

So what?

9. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

Nothing, just stating a fact

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

He's also won jack sh*t in comparison to ZN so I wouldn't be too quick about bashing ZN if I were you ;)
    Its just a fact, bro.

I actually think he will surpass ZN's MD achievements or at least become comparable, if the 2020 Olympics dont pan out. Just in case some fanboy tries to interpret by banter again.
    Overall neither can be compared to ZN as they havent shown much competence in XD. Yet.

11. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

Lol. Did I bashed ZN in any way? ZN has won a lot of titles, that's a fact. Yet still doesn't change the fact he lost two straight games in Dubai to Gideon's weak technique. Oh.. and their h2h record in 207 is 3:1 by the way, that's also a fact.

#711 Abe.Wi, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Master, stanleyfm and Yoji like this.
  12. berryseti

berryseti Regular Member

Dude, this guy "J4ckie"..he just doesnt like Kevin...he is a fan from Fu...
    And from what i read, this guy is also Li Ning fan...make sense, since chinese Team use Li Ning.

Besides, dont compliment him too much though.
    He is not that good.
    I saw his video...nothing special.
    He is tall and kinda "stiff" from his movement..
    I could beat him easily.

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

My opinion of a brand is completely separate from what pros use - they dont influence the quality (I've had severe issues with one brand in particular), and quite a few change contracts frequently, which would make it even harder to 'follow' their choices.....Li Ning rackets were my first 'real' rackets when I started playing, and I've had no issues with them since then.

Anyhow, want to know how we compare, then come here and play me. Or show me how good you are by posting your own footage. Until then I'm gonna doubt your ability to beat me ;)
    Cheers!

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeahhh dont take that too seriously man. I even mentioned it was banter. Also if you compare them objectively, ZN is definitely superior in all technical aspects apart from the smash (which I think is kinda weak, he grips his racket a bit weirdly as well, might be a reason). I wouldn't compare their overall strength as that's too much guesswork and 'feeling' etc.
    ZN appears to me to have better and more creative shot placement, but I'll grant that that's a subjective matter. Would be interesting how some of the 'authorities' think about it (I.e. S. Pedersen, M. Frost, G. Clark, I. Wright, maybe 1 or 2 pros who played both). Will be interesting to see whether Liu keeps getting better, in which case this might become a serious rivalry. Would be awesome to see more of these 2 pairs meeting, as ZN and KSS usually fight for the net quite hard and create some awesome drive exchanges as a result.

15. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

Yeah.. I think 2018 will be interesting for MD. Kevin and Gideon are still young and has a lot of rooms for improvement despite of their great achievement in SS this year. I can see them becoming more mature player compared to their early performance this year. And you are also right about Liu, to be honest I think currently he is the weak spot. Got exploited a lot during the final, making a lot of errors. Would be very tough to beat if he can match ZN. Kamura Sonoda is showing a promising performance. But I think Germany has to start the regeneration soon.

16. berryseti

berryseti Regular Member

Trust me, i would beat you easily...
    You can doubt my skill anyway you want..
    I dont post video of me playing...i dont like showing off, you know.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah, same for me, I'm actually left-handed, you know....just got too easy, so I use my right hand now. Dont really want to post my left-handed footage as I would get mistaken for LD immediately, you know how it is.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Wouldn't hold my breath on that last point if I were you :D but 2018 looks promising. I hope everybody stays healthy and no Top10 pair has to take a lengthy injury break...

19. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

I know what you meant. The match between kevin vs zn in dubai ss to establish dominance at the net was so exciting. You can tell how zn wants to get to their "formation" (lc at the back attacking, zn ready to pounce any loose ball - lc is practically hopeless in any other situations) but kevin prevented that from happening that time. Learnt their lesson in denmark open I guess!

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

stanleyfm likes this.
  20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This has nothing to do with the thread. Please do not make personal attacks. Please do not act like a child in a playground.

Thanks

Mod