Badminton courts in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'India' started by suram, May 1, 2009.

1. vijayakrishnas

vijayakrishnas New Member

There is APEX Badminton court near Bachupally (Rs.1200 per month/per hour a day) and one in Pragathi Nagar (Rs.600 per month/no hour restriction). Check both of them and decide.

2. Kris M

Kris M New Member

hi all,
    shifted from kerala to Secunderabad a year back. I'm staying at East Marredpally and looking to play in a group for doubles game. I'm an above average player and will prefer playing with feather. Preferable timings would be 6-8am or 8-9pm. Would be eagerly waiting for a response from any group which has space to accommodate me. Pls mail me on sonu_raj82003<at>yahoo.com or 9562368666

3. Kris M

Kris M New Member

while personal hunt is on to find a group:)..looking forward to hearing from any group having vacancy to accommodate. Pls call on 9562368666

4. Kris M

Kris M New Member

hi ranjith,
    do let me know in case you know a group that needs decent players for doubles game in secunderabad. call me on 9562368666

5. Kris M

Kris M New Member

hi, is it indoor or outdoor. looking for a group. do let me know in case you know a group that needs decent players for doubles game in secunderabad. call me on 9562368666

6. Goutham Ramakrishna

Goutham Ramakrishna New Member

I'm looking for badminton partner to play near to KPHB
    Please reach me on my mobile 9000100723
    If anybody interested

7. Ravi Govind

Ravi Govind New Member

Guys,

There is R.R.Dist Badminton Tournament at Saroornagar Indoor Stadium on Sunday, 25th June. If you are interested, you can participate. All events for all ages available. Participants can register at venue at 9 AM on 25th June. I am playing above 50 veterans Doubles and Singles. RRTourney1.jpg RRTourney2.jpg

All the best.

Cheers,

Ravi Govind

ranjitp1 likes this.
  8. Smasher82

Smasher82 New Member

Hi all,
    What kind of shuttles are used for practice and tournament events in Hyderabad??
    Feather of Plastic??

9. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Both kind of shuttlecocks are used.Some tourneys use plastic while others use feather.

-The BAI tournaments are all played with Yonex feather shuttles (usually AS2/AS40).
    -Some of the corporate tourneys are played with feather,while others are played as mix
    -The Amateur Badminton Hyderabad League also plays feather.
    -The club/private tourneys are played with Plastic shuttlecocks (Mavis350)

Yonex feather shuttles are prohibitively expensive,AS2,AS10,AS40 are the reccomended ones.The budget version of Yonex is the Yonex TR Aeroclub which tends to slow down terribly after a couple of points,hence not worth the money.Yonex starts at around 1100 for the TR and goes upto around 1800-2500 per barrel.

Some of the good Indian brands are Samrat,Trishul,Whitewings,Albatross Black etc.All of them are manufactured in Kolkota and are in the range of 700-850 per barrel of 12.

Smasher82 likes this.
  10. Smasher82

Smasher82 New Member

Thanks. I am from hyderabad and currently playing in Japan with feather shuttles (Yonex official) for almost 3 years.
    Yes I agree with you that Yonex shuttles are really expensive. But, to master the techniques, playing with feather shuttles may be prerequisite (in my opinion). I asked above query because, recently I joined the practice session in KPHB with plastic shuttle (unexpectedly). It took long time to control the shuttle. Then I was thinking that everywhere in Hyderabad played with plastic shuttles.

Glad to see that "The Amateur Badminton Hyderabad League" is with feather. I hope to join this event in near future to enjoy playing badminton.
    VS

ranjitp1 likes this.
  11. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    No doubts on that.For the game to be correct, feather is the only way-there are no two ways about it.Some of the clubs in Hyderabad are still on feather (RRC,Nizam,Ameerpet GHMC)are some of the courts which still play feather.Haven't heard of a Yonex official till now.There really isnt a huge cost delta between feather and plastic if all the players are of more or less the same skill level.The issue arises when you have a couple of rookies who do not know how to handle feather and they go about smashing the feather and destroying the shuttle:(

The artistic aspects,the drops,the smashes,the overall feel good factor of badminton only comes to the fore if feather is used.

More than welcome to be a part of ABHL whenever you return,its currently in its third season now.

More details on https://www.facebook.com/groups/amateurbadmintonhyderabad

#411 ranjitp1, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Smasher82 likes this.
  12. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    No doubts on that.For the game to be correct, feather is the only way-there are no two ways about it.Some of the clubs in Hyderabad are still on feather (RRC,Nizam,Ameerpet GHMC)are some of the courts which still play feather.Haven't heard of a Yonex official till now.There really isnt a huge cost delta between feather and plastic if all the players are of more or less the same skill level.The issue arises when you have a couple of rookies who do not know how to handle feather and they go about smashing the feather and destroying the shuttle:(

The artistic aspects,the drops,the smashes,the overall feel good factor of badminton only comes to the fore if feather is used.

More than welcome to be a part of ABHL whenever you return,its currently in its third season now.

More details on https://www.facebook.com/groups/amateurbadmintonhyderabad

13. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    ABHL2017 Season3 is all set to serve off on Sep 10,2017.All details at the following links:

https://www.facebook.com/amateurbadmintonhyderabadleague/

-Arguably the only weekend league in Hyderabad.Season 2 saw approximately 200 amateur players from Hyderabad
    -No entry or registration fees
    -Team events only.If you dont have a team,register individually and you could try and form teams with other non-team entries
    -Feather Shuttles only
    -Played only on Sunday mornings
    -League Standing,Points Table-All online.
    -Interesting formats.
    -All costs towards court rentals and shuttle costs shared equally between players.

All details available at the facebook page.Looking forward to having you and your team to be a part of the most interesting badminton league that Hyderabad sees year after year:)

Entries at https://goo.gl/Ydhk2r

14. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Season 3 of ABHL is all set to serve off on Sep 10,2017.

[​IMG] L'ouef All..Play....png

All details at the following links:
    https://www.facebook.com/amateurbadmintonhyderabadleague/

Entries to be submitted at https://goo.gl/Ydhk2r

-Arguably the only weekend Badminton league in Hyderabad.Season 2 saw approximately 250 Amateur players from Hyderabad playing the league
    -No entry or registration fees
    -Team events only.If you do not have a team,register individually and you could try and pair up with other single entries
    -Feather Shuttles only
    -Played only on weekend mornings
    -League Standing,Points Table-All online.
    -All costs towards court rentals and shuttle costs are shared equally between players.

All details available at the facebook page.Register and be a part of the most interesting badminton league that Hyderabad sees year after year,season after season :)

We're having a super sale in this shop! Post an outfit with the hashtag #INSALE for discounts!.png

Smasher82 likes this.
  15. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
  16. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
  17. srikant

srikant New Member

software engineer
    Hello friends,

Can someone please suggest any badminton courts in and around bowenpally/secunderabad area. I recently moved to Hyd from Chennai and i play reasonably well and had participated tournaments as well. Any leads are appreciated.
    Thank you.

18. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Garuda at Sainikpuri,
    Y Sports, 5 Sports near AS rao nagar.
    Smashcourtz at Malkajgiri.
    Suchitra Sports Academy near Suchitra Junction 9666668558.
    Rspot on IDL Access Road at Moosapet 9100305666

19. srikant

srikant New Member

software engineer
    Thank you Ranjit.

ranjitp1 likes this.
  20. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional