Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I was having a discussion with an England ex International player. Exactly the same thing happens with England. They have had a lot of turnover in head coaches and of course, each coach will have a different philosophy.

But it seems England have a change recently - they have top coaches working with national juniors and who will also continue with them on to the senior level. We will see their results in the next few years.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Well, I believe it's not really a foreigner problem because you have had Misbun and Kim Hock as head coach - it's a stability problem. Getting a foreigner with the right attitude and not having a trigger happy attitude in firing him or her (or moving roles) is important- as Park Joo Bong is proving very well.

3. lurker

lurker Regular Member

Funny to read the BAM president making threats for non performing players n staffs, but nvr takes responsibility himself

4. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

maybe player need to go through military service style..for mental toughness. My opinion.

stanleyfm likes this.
  5. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

What do you want him to do? Coach the players? He's a president, only issuing and order and meeting, not a trainer.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Maybe head of BAM should undergo the training to understand the players more.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Is the head of BAM a high level ex pro player? Perhaps those leading at the top should be if they are to understand the player's needs.

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I don't think Norza is....

9. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    i think any 12 years old with training can defeat Norza...

What kind of leader is this?

Pushing all the blame on those under him, what I see is that, he tried to divert all the failure to the players but these are the best players produce under BAM system.

Cheung likes this.
  10. visor

visor Regular Member

There is probably something inherently wrong with the MAS system. Morten Frost has done 2 stints there already. Can't wait for his autobiography...

11. lurker

lurker Regular Member

do it like TMJ

12. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Actually Soccer ranking has been dropping lately.

13. SibugiChai

YAB
    the State BA has fail to produce world class players, funds allocated was not use in the right way. BAM should abolish all state BA and encourage private own coaching center which don’t required funding from the government. Instead they should increase more tournament and price money to encourage independt club or players to excel.

the BAM president is choosen by votes by state BA & to show appreciation to state BA president,

14. SibugiChai

YAB
    Former China supremo coming to Malaysia is a possibility

[​IMG]
    BAM president Datuk Seri Norza Zakaria, however, said any change to the current coaching structure will only be made after the Thomas and Uber Cup in Bangkok in May. NST File Pic
    By Fabian Peter - March 21, 2018 @ 7:07pm

KUALA LUMPUR: The BA of Malaysia (BAM) have not ruled out the idea of hiring former China supremo, Li Yongbo, to helm the national team.

BAM president Datuk Seri Norza Zakaria, however, said any change to the current coaching structure will only be made after the Thomas and Uber Cup in Bangkok in May.

In fact, if things don't get better, Norza may even revert to the previous structure, which saw the national coaching set-up headed by a technical director.

Prior to the current system (which has a head coach for every department), Danish legend, Morten Frost was their technical director from 2015 till last year. Frost resigned, citing personal reasons.

Norza said today: "Anything is possible. I am approaching my first anniversary as president, and to be honest, I have not seen much improvement since the Sudirman Cup last year.

"Three months from now, we will reassess the current head coach structure, and if it hasn't been effective, I may revert to bringing back a technical director."

Currently, BAM's five head coaches are Misbun Sidek (men's singles), Cheah Soon Kit (men's doubles), Tey Seu Bock (women's singles), Rosman Razak (women's doubles) and Chin Eei Hui (mixed doubles).

On Tuesday, former national coach Rashid Sidek urged BAM to recruit Yongbo, who quit the China national team last year after 24 years at the helm.

According to Rashid, Yongbo, known for his strict regime, has the ability to keep players and coaches in check.

This comes after Norza expressed his disappointment with the national players for their poor showing at the All England last week.

The next big assignment for the national team, prior to the Thomas and Uber Cups, is the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games on April 4-15.

https://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmi...mer-china-supremo-coming-malaysia-possibility

visor likes this.
  15. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Will Li Yongbo bring Tang Xianhu with him to Malaysia?

16. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Can MAS afford LYB? I don't think so considering they still owe lots of money to Morten Frost :)

17. indrg

indrg Regular Member

MAS should push private companies with MAS address to pour in money, setup and recruit players for their own clubs like in INA.

18. indrg

indrg Regular Member

well Yuta/Arisa is already a well-developed XD pair before Gan joined JPN. They also defeated CHN ZSW still paired with CQC/Dora in Sudirman Cup 2017.

Cheung likes this.
  19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

why should BAM listen to Rashid Sidek? LOL :)

Cheung likes this.
  20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I think Rashid is trying to stir up the plot for whatever reason. :)