Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

wouldn't be the "silver boy" more appropriate?

Cheung likes this.
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Depends on your perspective.

3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    yap kim hock, i think did a great job with the national team and particular well with the junior, i think 5 years straight world junior champs.

the one year he failed, he get chopped. unfortuntely Yap also dunno how to play the "game" malaysia way,

yap fell out with the BAM top guns when he insist sending lee wan wah & choon tan fook to olympics instead of FUZZY.

Cheung likes this.
  4. SibugiChai

YAB
    i think too early to judge misbun, maybe another year or so, we can see if he still can do it.

misbun has good track record of producing champ like roslin, hafiz and chong wei.

#2624 SibugiChai, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Cheung likes this.
  5. SibugiChai

YAB
    Malaysian shuttlers return home from Hanoi empty-handed
    [​IMG]

PETALING JAYA: It was a triple blow for Malaysian badminton at the Vietnam International Challenge in Hanoi.

Malaysian shuttlers were involved in the most number of finals - a total of three - but Goh Giap Chin (pic), Aaron Chia-Soh Wooi Yik and Vivian Hoo-Chow Mei Kuan fell short.

Independent shuttler Giap Chin of New Vision Badminton Academy (NVBA) went down 9-21, 15-21 to Kento Momota of Japan in the men’s singles final.

Still, NVBA’s co-owner K. Yogendran was pleased with Giap Chin’s runner-up finish.

“As a club player, Giap Chin has made all of us proud.

“He showed that club players can go far in a tournament,” said the former international, who thanked Spritzer, Fleet and the academy for the financial support.

National back-up men’s doubles pair Aaron Chia-Soh Wooi Yik lost 18-21, 14-21 to Maneepong Jongjit-Nathakarn Yordphaisong of Thailand.

Commonwealth Games-bound Vivian Hoo-Chow Mei Kuan put up a valiant fight but it was not good enough to upset second seeds Baek Ha-na-Lee Yu-rim of South Korea in the women’s doubles final.

They went down 10-21, 21-17, 17-21 in a one-hour and 18 minute energy-sapping match yesterday.

https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/ba...shuttlers-return-home-from-hanoi-emptyhanded/

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Shouldn't BWF go in the left direction if right is not working?

7. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

what kind of pun is this...?!

8. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

a jaded and cynical pun that can be coming from any typical Malaysian badminton fan who's seen decade long disappointment after disappointment (except for the sole exception of LCW)

9. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

TMJ just resigned after one of the worst year for FAM.

10. SibugiChai

YAB
    the juniors are performing quite well but the senior not so, in football we just don’t have the players to challenge the top guns.

11. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Top guns? We couldn't beat Mongolia

12. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Old mentality & habits cannot be changed at the senior squad..

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

13. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Out of topic for a while..... Msia football squad needs a major overhaul. Buy foreign players and give them PR to represent Msia. I suggest FAM this following list

Goalkeeper - chen long ( bcoz he is tall)
    Defender - datuk lee chong wei (everyone knows his defend is outstanding)
    Striker - lin dan and tan boon heong

Tqvm and now we can smack mongolia.

14. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

-----------------------------------------------------------------------Mads Conrad--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo-------------------------Chou Tien Chen----------------------LCW------------------------------Gideon Fernaldi---------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Chen Long--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------Taufik Hidayat---------------------------------------------------Peter Gade-------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------Lin Dan--------------------------------------------Viktor Axelsen-------------------------------------------------Kidambi Srikanth-----------------------

Standard Formation-.4-3-3

Captain : Lin Dan

Coach : Tang Xianhu

Team Name : Badminton FC

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That will be last of the off topic posts.

khoai likes this.
  16. SibugiChai

YAB
    Norza's wakeup call brings positive results to the games squad
    • BADMINTON
    • Wednesday, 28 Mar 2018

• [​IMG]
      Positive: Datuk Ng Chin Chai is optimistic that the Malaysian squad is on track to meet the three-gold medal target for the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.

PUTRAJAYA: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Seri Norza Zakaria’s three month ultimatum to the players and coaches has turned out surprisingly well.

BAM secretary Datuk Ng Chin Chai said the warning last week has certainly jolted the national camp with players and coaches responding well.

“It was actually more of a wake-up call rather than a warning,” he said.

Norza had delivered the ultimatum last week to either buck up or be dropped after three months following a below-par showing by the national shuttlers at the All-England championships.

“We are not bringing in new coaches or introducing a new programme.

“We just wanted the players and the coaches to show more self awareness and not take things for granted.

“I think the training got a little slack recently and it was just a reminder to cut out the unnecessary stuff like staying up too late.

“It has shown good effect as players have been coming in for training earlier and there is more quality in training now,” he said.

Meanwhile, Chin Chai said the Commonwealth Games squad are on track to meet their three-gold target in Gold Coast.

“We can meet our three-gold target. It’s just that the challenge is greater now as India have two strong men’s singles and one strong men’s pair,” he said.

“Our players are certainly capable but they just need to be consistent daily when the competition starts.

“Now that they have all gotten their wake-up calls, they are pushing a lot harder so I think were doing good.”

BAM have named Lee Chong Wei, Goh V Shem, Tan Wee Kiong, Chan Peng Soon, Goh Soon Huat (men), Soniia Cheah, Vivian Hoo, Chow Mei Kuan, Goh Liu Ying and Shevon Lai Jemie (women) for the Gold Coast Games.

Besides that, Chin Chai also added that independent shuttler Lim Khim Wah will join the national training next week.

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/ba...sults-to-the-games-squad/#Qv1mGoY8oQBQTTKl.99

• https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/ba...l-brings-positive-results-to-the-games-squad/

17. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

May I know who is/are the current left handed player(s) in MD department in BAM now...?

I only know Tan Boon Heong, Lim Khim Wah, Choong Tan Fook etc (all of them left BAM long time ago)

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

KPI might do more harm than good for Malaysian badminton in the long run, by setting targets and sending their 'best team' to the Commonwealth Games simply because badminton has always delivered every time to Malaysia's Gold Medal tally.

Norza gets stressed -> Puts pressure on coaches, coaches gets stressed, always plays the 'safest hand' and not bothering to take any risks.

Morten Frost was forced to resign after SEA Games, and was used as a scapegoat for the 'SEA Games failure' because he decided to send younger players for exposure instead of sending a team that would go all out to win gold.

Unfortunately, Malaysia badminton supporters aren't exactly the most understanding. With social media, players are easily affected by what others say about them.I recall the backlash the Malaysian team faced simply because they decided not to field LCW against China in the Asia Championships SF, which is a move I actually agree with - If you don't even put your younger players to take the heat for smaller team competitions, how are they supposed to immediately adapt to take the heat in major competitions? Tan Wee Kiong used to be mentally weak, look at his failure in AG 2010. Now he probably has one of the best temperament in the squad.

#2638 undeadshot, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Forestal and Cheung like this.
  19. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

May I know who is/are the current left handed player(s) in MD department in BAM now...?

I only know Tan Boon Heong, Lim Khim Wah, Choong Tan Fook etc (all of them left BAM long time ago)

20. lurker

lurker Regular Member