Victor Jetspeed 12 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ahren92, Mar 22, 2016.

1. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I should be getting mine today. I will report back once I have tested it out.

Stever7425 likes this.
  2. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

Appearance is the same . Except for the colors and decals. Need to try more hours, had it last 26th of March but still using the old one.

3. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    I finally received my JS12M. Damn postal service delayed my shipment.

I have strung 2 of the 3 that I got and it looks like the sinking grommet problem has been resolved. The color is just amazing

The blue goes so well with the little bits of pink and purple. Absolutely loving it.

I havent had a chance to use it yet, but I suspect it will feel as the original JS12

4. Stever7425

Stever7425 Regular Member

Did you get a 4u or 3u,? Look forward to your review

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    I got all 3UG5. 4U in my past experience feels too light once I get used to the racket.

waterboy and Stever7425 like this.
  6. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

The new one JS12M plays the same as the old one. I have strung it at 29lbs with BG80.

7. adam123

adam123 New Member

Anyone found US retailers carrying the blue version? The only shop I can see is yumo and that is in Canada.

8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I restrung a number of the new colour Jetspeed 12 at the recent All Englands. The colour does look good although not as striking as the original colour combination.

There is a definite difference in feel when stringing these frames. The new colour has different material and feels harder. I didnt see any sign of grommet sinking in the new frame but still witnessed many of the old colour suffering. What a shame Victor hasn't fixed Jetspeed 10 but I get the feeling the new Jetspeed 11 will become the new 10 in time.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

9. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Wasn't the Q supposed to be the JS10 fix?

10. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    what about sinking in js11?

11. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    I finally got a chance to use my new JS12M on Friday and Last night. Heres my Verdict:

Coming from a JS10, I had no problems adjusting to this racket. Control at the net is pretty much the same.
    Smashes however were much easier to pull off and didn't require as much strength as my JS10 did.
    This racket is a little more forgiving if you don't hit the sweetspot. I find its not as rewarding as the JS10 if you do hit it in the sweetspot.
    All of my previous JS10s had some crosses that were not straight. this problem isnt present in the JS12.
    Defensive shots were just as easy to pull of as before, although I do feel like its a little bit slower than the 10.
    I do like the new color alot more compared to its original design. All the colors seem to go very well together.

All 3 of my JS12M were strung with BG66UM at 26x28.5. Sinking Grommet problem seems to be fixed.

12. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    JS10Q did not fix the problem and I cannot understand why it was released without the situation being resolved.

It's too early to tell whether JS11 will suffer but from the inner groove, I doubt it. Jetspeed rackets have been great sellers and I sincerely hope the problem is resolved in any racket from any manufacturer. In my opinion, the problem should have been fixed sooner but I have no say about what happens at any level with Victor.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

13. skeksis

skeksis Regular Member

Got my 3UJS12 blue a few days ago. Indeed it is a "little" more head heavy than my 2 3UJS12 yellow. But I am pretty sure this is within quality check tolerance. The new one has a little more solid feeling than the old ones. Maybe I had some luck having a more or less "heavy" 3U now, where the older ones where a little bit on the lighter side of 3U. Or they used a new material mix (maybe to cut of the sunken grommet issues).

But there is no Adaption time needed, it plays more ore less identical to the old one.

The 2*4UJS12 of my girlfriend (one of them being a regular DE Version, the other one is a KRP Version, which are absolutly identical) are still more head heavy than all of my 3*3UJS12. But this is a trend I had seen with all JS12. The 4U seems to feel a little bit more head heavy than the 3U one's.

#1313 skeksis, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  14. Indra fadly

Indra fadly New Member

You mention that the grommet on the furtherest right is the "Yonex AC416 L1-2-4", but Yonex has AC416 L1/L2/L3/L4. Can you be more specific to which one fits the Jetspeed Q10? It would be nice if you could provide us with the link to where you get them! Thanks!

15. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Bought two JS12 4U two weeks ago to replace my bravesword 12 3U.

After two weeks and around ten hours of play, I can say that the jetspeed 12 is what I expected the bravesword 12 to be.

To sum it up:
    Power: JS12 >> BS12
    Feel: JS12 >> BS12
    Manoeuveurability: JS12 < BS12
    Control: JS12 < BS12
    Stability: JS12 >> BS12

Jetspeed 12 is a way better racquet to me, even if I won tournaments and hard encounters with bravesword 12, I always felt it lacked face stability and was wobbly when hitting hard...

16. dvanio

dvanio Regular Member

any sinking problem with the new colour js12 ?

17. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    I have 3, and I haven't noticed any problems

18. gavannn

gavannn Regular Member

you talking about the new js12? or the original

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Original purple fluorescent yellow one. Might order one new color one to see if there is huge differences, but so far so good with my two OC strung around 25lbs, no sinking, frame feel sturdier than the bravesword

20. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Really happy with jetspeed 12 so far. Been using it for a month now and to me this is the perfect allround racquet: nice power, excellent face stability, easy to use, cuts through the air well...

It’s easier to tame compared to the BS12, even if BS12 is easy to use it is quite hard to master, full power is really tricky to obtain, and to me it lacks stability.
    JS12 power it easy to get thanks to excellent frame stability for a speed racquet, off center shots remain powerful and on target