TOTAL BWF THOMAS-UBER Cup Finals 2018 : QUARTERFINAL & SEMIFINAL (24 & 25 May)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, May 23, 2018.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I was out at a meeting and had my own training session. So I wasn't able to watch the match. Thanks for telling me.! I am going to have to bookmark the times when the camera zoomed in on her.

stanleyfm and Michael V like this.
  2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Susi Susanti and Mia Audina were so long ago.... It is embarrassing to other INA fans to make comparison of CHN’s plight with that. INA simply does not have the talent maybe GMT can develop to become the sole Susi Susanti by Olympic 2024.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanleyfm and Cheung like this.
  3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

He is trying to take the heat off the players. Good manager.

stanleyfm, kwun and Michael V like this.
  4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

She is booted out of the national team already.

stanleyfm likes this.
  5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

To be honest, I don't agree. When Taufik played, it was very competitive. Taufik did get quite a few titles but mainly Indonesian open, right ?

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Zooming on who?

7. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    She’s in the list for Malaysia and Indonesian open. Don’t think she’s out of the Chinese National team

stanleyfm likes this.
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Ma Jin, Ma Jin, Ma Jin.....oops, got a sudden nosebleed.

9. konak

konak Regular Member

didn't you see how ridiculous li jun hui screaming was??

like I said, next time ask li junhui to do that to kevin.

10. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I don‘t know him, so I can‘t ask him, sorry. But I‘m sure he‘s super afraid of Kevin.

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Kevin only needs just one time and he will always have bees in his bonnet. So yeah good luck for those who dares to "provoke" him first.:D
    He doesn't care if he is going to win or lose or embarrass himself, but he will just try to be an ass just to keep himself motivated.

As for Li Junhui's screaming, it would have helped if he just shouted without the whole body doing it too. It's kind of over the top what he was doing with his long and thin limbs and failed attempts. :p
    I am sure Hendra didn't mind all that screaming, he is cool.

12. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

LOL, you think he won't? When he was heard cursing JPN playing against Sonoda/Kamura -- not DIRECTLY AT them, of cos, so no violation -- his fans SUPPORTED his actions and said it showed character!

That's why I've waiting forever for the next match-up between the 2 towers and the 2 clowns -- cos neither will give in an inch when it comes to ATTITUDE, hahahaha!

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

People criticize him because i guess he (LiJunhui) wants to be like Kevin...but he cant.

too bad he will never be as good as Kevin..

He can do that last night and probably doing it to senior partner isnt right, but he cant even move his limbs and hands in IndonesiaMaster, looking so tense lol, so make your own judgment.. Did Kevin celebrate like that against ZN?

14. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

LOL, what? They have so many promising young talents that Li Xuerui was recalled/re-habilitated to play WS3 in the Uber Cup?

Which junior player are you actually talking about -- or are you still living in the myth of CHN's "population bonus"? You realize CHN's population is shrinking and CHN youths have a LOT more choices/opportunities when it comes to better ($$$) careers, education, AND even sports now?

#1214 Forestal, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  15. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

This is so weird -- even Kevin admits he likes playing the clown, but his fans DENIES it?!?!

Please don't be so delusional/hypocritical about the players you support -- at least Li Junhui's fans SUPPORTS his cursing/shouting!

Sounds like I'm a truer fan of the clowns than you are -- when I support or follow Boe, Bodin Isara or Koo Kean Kiat; I do it for everything they do/are...

stanleyfm, skhai91 and Hannibal127 like this.
  16. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Xia was hoping Gao would take it so that Li Xuerui wouldn't have to play WS3 -- it's clear from Li's loss to Ruselli, who lost to Busana, that Li was going to lose to Busana...

Fielding or "sacrificing" an off-form (injured?) He Bingjiao to Jindapol would greatly increase the chances of Gao having to play WS3 against Busana, which is another gamble as well -- because surely Rexy must have prepared strategies for Busana to use against Gao Fangjie?

In short, both the defending champions of the Thomas & Uber Cup went with "safer bets" because of their injury & tier-building issues -- and because they are out to defend their titles instead of say, still "building up" for the next TUC like KOR & INA

#1216 Forestal, May 25, 2018
    stanleyfm and Michael V like this.
  17. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Fortunately or unfortunately, those days are dying...

CHN has restructured their sports authorities & filled them with "un-connected" management staff instead of sport personalities (aka "emperors") because CHN has bigger fish to fry now (like a trade war with USA) -- sports is now an extension of publicity/diplomacy, not war (like in ancient Athens), so CHN sports authorities don't actually care if you win or lose (no more "medal tally" KPIs) as long as you can support yourself and don't anything illegal (e.g. gambling/doping)

This is especially problematic for CHN badminton because it was "thriving" on government sponsorship (with "medal tally" KPIs) rather than actual commercial success/viability -- with a stark contrast between how the Chinese Badminton Super League is in debt with low coverage/ratings, VS how many badminton schools/clubs there are all over China.

For once, CHN badminton fans are a bit split/confused about who to blame & who to beg for more milk/honey -- because the various badminton empires built entirely around this or that school/coach in CHN are crumbling, so you can't turn everything around just by getting another "faction/coach"... and they don't still have a national selection/trials system like in CHN table-tennis or JPN badminton.

#1217 Forestal, May 25, 2018
    stanleyfm likes this.
  18. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Also, LCW & LD had just one major injury/surgery late in their career while HKV & JOJ have had several by now (before reaching 30) --That's why HKV & JOJ never even "peaked" (reach WR No.1) like Peter Gade, despite their potential...

19. Griff88

Griff88 Regular Member

It is not uncommon for "average" Indonesian netizens. As long you have good skills and Red-White Flag on the chest, you will be defended like a God. I mean if Kevin somehow slapped Junhui wih his racket and got black carded, maybe the umpire social media will be a living hell.

Luckily Junhui actually doesn't have one.

stanleyfm and skhai91 like this.
  20. Griff88

Griff88 Regular Member

I thought it was Charmaine Reid? The Canadian who also did the commentary for PBL..