Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Must have lowered his tension a tad even though 88s is indeed more powerful than Arc11 (and more head heavier).

2. Griff88

Griff88 Regular Member

We met a few weeks ago and he told A LOT of things that were still secret (oops).

Some of them already revealed such as BAMTC 2019 in Queen Elizabeth Stadium, Hong Kong and the AJC 2019 in Taipei (check BWF calendar for 2019). So I think I'll just safe lol.

Cheung likes this.
  3. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
  4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Nice video.
    It's like watching a bigger size Kevin playing added with bigger size of attitude/antics LOL
    I must admit those crazy skill doesn't feel "completed" without the cheeky antics of Kevin or this guy after each rally. Looked like he is having a time of his life. :D

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

What else did he tell you?
    Oh come one.. I am sure no one is gonna say anything to anyone else. Spill it out :p

6. sen

sen Regular Member

Pretty sure if he slims down and as fit as Kevin, we will have world number 2 pair with him and anyother player :D

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

lol

kaffars likes this.
  8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Does anyone know if Markus had some injuries during Thomas Cup? I have noticed that he was not as strong as he usually was at the back and Kevin had to cover for him on many occasions at the front/mid area. Especially in SF match where his body language and expression were a bit negative in G2 and G3.

Or it was just some temporarily post honeymoon fatigue?

9. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Nah, just the aftereffect of trying to please the wife from tough positions.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Did he actually consult you? :p

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

yeah, how the hell they were not in their best and still beat ZN/LC like they are playing streetcourt basketball on sunday afternoon? lol.

12. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i can see to beat Markus/Kevin, is the opponents must be play as same as their styles, just like what happened during match against THA first (scratch pair) in Thomas Cup...

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

What is that metaphor? :D still wasn't an easy match for them by any means, but quite amusing - it always looks like a battle between ZN and KSS for who has the less bad partner and can exploit the other's partner's weaknesses more :D

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Kevin totally owned Liu Cheng in G2 and G3. Nothing much Zhang Nan could do except praying that his partner would not make too many mistakes in returning the shots and at the same time struggling to keep up with the game himself. Kevin played quite well while Markus was pretty sluggish at many times. Fortunately Kevin did better on LC than ZN did on Markus. And the minions got the better end too apparently (G2 and second half of G3).

I don't know if I agreed with that. Sure the Thai pair were doing everything right and the minions seemed to be doing everything wrong in that match. I blamed it on Markus :p. Not so sure that his performances in Thomas Cup were even up to the usual standard. Losing focus because of the service faults, drifts and tensions. Sounded and looked like as if they had never played in any tournaments before at all. Noticed how he sometimes played like an old man who was overweight, shoulders down and hardly moving his feet. But his dives and persistence were quite impressive though.

With Markus's form like what it was in Thomas Cup I am not convinced they could survive Malaysian Open, Indonesian Open and another super 500 in a row within a month.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I guess more tournaments are good for him, might actually lose some weight. He's starting to slowly approach Kido's look, and it's not a good one for any athlete. Maybe a bit too much home cooking...? :D
    And am I imagining things, or is the Indonesian squad the one with most...lets say not-so-slim athletes? Especially the women's squad. Maybe they need a dietician, or if they have one, replace them with a stricter one. The number of chubby WS players is quite astounding, and the injuries are there as well...

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Doing more tournaments doesn't do good really if they kept losing in R1 or R2 :D There won't be anymore group stages in world's tour except the finals. And I still want to see more of them in their AE form. As they had missed 2 or 3 tournaments between AE and TUC, it's probably too soon to say how well or bad they were doing.
    Hopefully Zhang Nan could proceed further instead if the minions couldn't, I don't mind that at all :) Looking forward to their next encounters.

Being chubby is not always a bad thing as long as they have the stamina and the muscles to support their body weight especially if they had big bones (not excessive body fat). I don't pay attention much to the Women's matches so I don't really know how they are doing on court. But I think they do need to do something about either their diet or training programs for both Men and Women. Stamina is lacking in Indonesian squad.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Extra BF = extra mass to carry around. Since in badminton you basically only move your bodyweight, any fat is extra weight. Target should be around 12-14% BFC for optimal performance (no negative impact on hormones) for males, maybe as low as 10%. Any more is suboptimal, MGF looks like he's approaching 20, which is too much. It's your entire job to play well, and being fit is part of it. Slugging around 5% more weight than you need to is stupid imop.
    What's her name, Bellatrix Maniputty or sth? She Tore sth in her knee, and from what little I've seen of her, I'm not surprised, not very muscular in the legs, definitely over 20% BFC, slightly X-shaped legs, bad form on the landing. It looked very much like a preventable injury to me.
    Anyhow, MGF is not that bad, but he certainly looks like he could lose 8 pounds easily, without even touching muscle mass :D would be good injury prevention too, since he has a very physical style and if he drops only by 10-15% physically, they'll struggle very hard to win matches against any Top10 pair. Whatever, we'll see quite soon what his current performance looks like :D

stanleyfm likes this.
  18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

At least we all know that he wasn't like this before the break aka the wedding. :D
    It is a shame if they had to struggle just because of a drop in only two months time. Hope they can work it out soon. It is no fun watching MD without them:) I have gotten too used to have them in all tour finals for the past 6 months or more. Cheeky Kevin is addictive. :p

19. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

The matter has been discussed in Indonesia Badminton thread before (post no. 3510)

Here is the answer given by @Master
    Not answering our observation on these players, but at least we should trust the dietician work

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I see 'gluten free', I instantly distrust the 'expert' :D