New Ashaway Zymax TX

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by dbswansea, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Oh, you finally got your stringing machine? Which one did you settle on? You gotta post some pics man .

2. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

No, i haven' t bought a machine yetThe new stringer i was referring to is that one shop referred to me by my clubmates only recently

I sure will post pictures of the T20 or S70 once i've acquired any of them☺

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

3. Konquerian

Oh, I see. Whichever one you pick will be a good machine to have. I look forward to your shared pics .

4. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    First sessions with 68TX this week. Goode sport sent me a sample of 64TX but I also bought a few 68TX.
    From the first hit I was surprised how loud it was. A good meaty thwack. I strung it around my lowest tolerance yet the rough surface didn't make me want for control. The sound and power i got on smashes was very addictive. I'd have to summarise it as feeling like LN1 in a BG80 coat. It feels like the fairly standard level of zymax softness, which i like. Really cant wait to try the 64TX now, even if it means i end up selling my GT5 reels. @visor have you tried it yet?

5. badmintony

Haven't tried 68tx yet but i have 64tx on a vt80 3u at 27. Personally, after using it for almost a month now, it still has to impress me. It's good repulsion wise but IMO not LN 1, 66UM or NBG98 comparable. I had the 66UM and 98 on the VT80 before and the LN1 on VTLDF at the same tension and I found them a lot more alive in most aspects, especially in the power department. Maybe i'll give 68tx a try and see how it goes.

6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Tension may be too high? In comparison to LN1 for example, I've gone 2lb less with 68 and I'd drop another 1lb for 64tx. Not suggesting you cannot handle it, just that the control lets you string it lower (for me) and Zymax has always been great for low tension ime. I've had 62F as low as 21lb and enjoyed it whereas I use 26+ on LN1.

visor likes this.
  7. badmintony

Hmm. You may absolutely have a point there. To be honest, i always tend to string at a tension that I believe is my comfort zone, not considering the fact that there's always a string type +racket type + tension + play style correlations to be considered every time that could affect your so-called comfort zone, so necessary adjustments are needed to get the desired results even out of the zone. I'll try to re-string again at a little lower tension and see what happens.

8. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I overcooked the 64 sample I had, it felt like crap at 30lb.

9. badmintony

Lol. Sucks really especially if after spending on something it would just turn out to be a dud.

The experience with strings is almost like what we usually experience with rackets. As if the holy grail and exact science of it( if ever there is one) is kind of ever elusive.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Haven't had a chance to order from Stringer's World yet due to shipping costs. How does 64TX compare to GT5? I still have a whole reel of GT5 remaining...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

11. Konquerian

My current hybrid combo using 68tx with li ning no.1 on my n9ii feels pretty good at my usual 26lbs. However, I much prefer the li ning no.1 and no.5 combo on my other n9ii . I've also tried the combo of 64tx and 68tx, but I have mixed feelings about that one. I guess I'll have to buy a few more packs of 64tx and 68tx, and test them out more to settle on how I really feel about them .

12. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    And here's me thinking I dodged a bullet by getting a CN No.1 reel instead of 64tx for early to mid 30 usage.

13. badmintony

You can probably try lowering the tensions a bit more for the TX duo as suggested by DuckFeet to re-mix your feelings about them and you might like them finally My 64tx is cut already and a new one is ready for a 24 lbs re-stringing

14. Razor-BladE

Razor-BladE Regular Member

Personal Trainer
    Just strung my AVP with 64TX at 12/12.5kg. I have the same racket with fresh GT5 at 12.5/13kg, so I'll see how they compare tonight!

15. Blake2004

Blake2004 New Member

Hi
    I have started stringing with a crank machine and use flying clamps. When im stringing at 28lbs and i test it on the stringster app it tells me my tention it 23/24lbs. Can you please help me to find a way of getting accurate stringing tention.
    Thanks

16. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Probably not in this thread buddy. If a mod can move your post to a new thread we can give pointers.

Eager to hear Razor Blade's feedback!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

17. Razor-BladE

Personal Trainer
    I need to play with it a bit more to get a better feel, plus I was tired today so wasn't playing great but initial impressions I quite like them.
    Although specification is 0.64mm, it feels and looks thicker than both GT5 and LN1.

I haven't played with any of the other Zymax strings, but there's definitely texture there, not as much as BG80 but imo more so than GT5, so the control aspect is decent, I knew where my shuttle was going as I was hitting it, my drops were better than if I was using LN1.

Repulsion is pretty good as well, not as much as LN1, but again more than GT5.

Sound wise, not as metallic as GT5, and more towards the boomy sound of BG80, but when you hit it in the sweet spot it sounds good.

Although only 2 hours play, I found myself wanting to play with the 64TX more so than the GT5.

If I was to describe it in terms of a different string which is most similar, I'd probably say it's a softer version of the BG80.

I'm playing again tomorrow, hopefully being a bit more physically and mentally fresher, I'll see if my initial impressions are still the same.

visor likes this.
  18. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Thanks, I was probably unfairly comparing LN1 and 68TX. When I switched back to LN1, the repulsion difference felt quite large. Cut out the 68TX and put aerosonic in there. Lets see how long a slightly damaged AS lasts (didn't tighten clamps enough) and then I might try 64TX at a lower tension as suggested by duckfeet.

I definitely think 64TX would be more for those that felt the LN1 wasn't grippy enough and moved onto GT5.

19. Razor-BladE

Personal Trainer
    My thoughts are the same second time playing with them. I prefer playing with the 64TX over the GT5, I can say that much.
    If the durability is somewhat decent, then I'm definitely getting myself a reel, and at £70 it's hard to complain.

I liked the power from AS, but I found it a bit too soft for my liking. Maybe that could've been rectified with higher tension.

I'm looking forward to do a direct comparison with LN1, as that's my go-to string at the moment. If the power is similar enough, then I think I may have found my new favourite string! Whenever I get my LN1 reel though, I think it got lost in the post :(

20. visor

visor Regular Member

So, compared to GT5, it has better power and control?

Anyone has a reel and willing to cut 2 sets to post to Canada? I'll be willing to PayPal you for the costs.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk