Victor Jetspeed 12 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ahren92, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

It’s definitely signs of your stringer not using a load spreader and causing stress at the 12 o’clock position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincePBC likes this.
  2. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

Yes that's what i thought also. Cause I had the stringing done twice from a different stringer and no problem was discovered .

3. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

Thanks sir.
    May i ask what should be done during stringing ?

4. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

These are two different rackets, initially it showed cracks from the inner part, the first racket was strung after showing those paint cracks like on thw second racket

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The answer has been given several times already. Your stringer needs to use a load spreader at the 12 o'clock support. Costs a couple of bucks but prevents those nasty cracks.

vincePBC likes this.
  6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    As per the great advice given by s_mair. If you like this stringer, make him start using a load spreader. Otherwise get the hell out of dodge and finda new better stringer.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

vincePBC likes this.
  7. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

Thanks sir,
    I thought before it's due to weak frame of the racket cause i had the stringing job with the same stringer to the new js12. The blue one, same date, same tension and string but not noticed any damage like on the original js12

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The new blue one is supposed to have a more robust frame, so maybe that's why it hasn't cracked yet. But if you ask me, it's only a matter of time until that one too will become a victim of your stringer. I don't know about you, but two cracked rackets would be enough to learn my lesson and get the hell away from that guy.

The Jetspeeds in general are not known for being robust *cough*, so chances are that your stringer has strung many other (more robust) rackets the same way without noticing the issue. But even if the racket does survive that treatment, it still causes s lot of unnecessary stress to the frame which is never a good thing in the long term.

vincePBC likes this.
  9. visor

visor Regular Member

I wouldn't even go back to that stringer again.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

vincePBC, ucantseeme and s_mair like this.
  10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I recommend you not trying to find reasons to stick with the stringer. If he kills one of your rackets out of 2 jobs, it's one racket too much. Even if it's 20 or 50 jobs and the racket was fine. This guy is skillwise not ready to touch others rackets, so do yourself a favor and look for a different stringer. IMO no stringer should cause this defect due his routine. Gambling with stronger frame of the 12M or other excuses will lead 100% that he will break a second of your rackets, just a question of time.

11. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

Thanks sir, That's the problem in my area. There is not so many available stringers. Not that I'm finding a reason for the stringer. Thank you for the advices.

12. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

Thanks sir. I'm not that finding reasons for him but lately it's true I've doubted his skills though I've had him strung my rackets for a long time. Maybe it's due to lower tension he had strung my rackets before. I started noticing this problem when i started to move to 30lbs, and even the string also (bg80) breaks too fast.

13. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

If you can't find a good stringer in your area, get a machine and do it yourself. The price of 2 JS12 is more than enough to get a manual machine.

badmintony and s_mair like this.
  14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Mate, of course it's the higher tension that was causing the problem now. 30 lbs. is a lot, and definitely too much for that bubblegum JS12 frame without load spreader. That you break your strings now more quickly at that tension is also not that much of a surprise. :rolleyes:

I know how it is to live in an area with zero decent stringers around. After I got back my almost brand new TK9000 from the final candidate and noticed some scratches and dents (he must have used a string mover or something like that to unblock the single pass grommets at 1 o'clock...:mad:), that was it for me and I decided to start stringing myself. If anyone does damage my rackets, it should only be me for god's sake! So if you have a bit of spare time to waste for a new hobby, then seriously think about buying a manual machine and start stringing yourself as @Carbonex_7 suggested. If you regularly string at 30 lbs. with BG80, you will have that investement returned in no time - and I'm sure there will be other friends or club mates around you having the exact same problem and who would be happy to have another stringer available.

15. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Tbh 30lbs shouldn't cause a high noon desease at any racket. With going tensions higher a mistake is more fatal. So if he kills a racket at 30, he do also something wrong at 20, it is just not so crucial due the load. Instead of going to such a stringer, I would buy a Shuttle Express and do my jobs by my own. I see here a clear and usual mounting error of inexperienced stringers. Nothing to negotiate if the racket had a dent, the racket was faulty, the racket was fragile...stringer fault. He didn't used a loadspreader and even without a load spreader it is possible to string a higher tension. Need sometimes to string without when I get this fatass carlton frames.

16. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Some say JS12M is head heavier than JS12 OC, would you agree?

Thanks

17. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

IMO JS12M is less head heavy and stiffer by a small margin.

18. gkteong

gkteong Regular Member

anyone have sinking grommet issue for JS12M? kindly share

19. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

Is this safe mor stringing at 30lbs?

Attached Files:

20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Good lord no. You shouldn't even go past 27lbs on a 2 point machine as rule of thumb. There's no support for the side way stress at high tensions.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk