SHB03z

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by yeahdionnel, Sep 17, 2017.

1. yeahdionnel

yeahdionnel Regular Member

Hi guys!

Im planning to buy SHB03z. Can you please give me reviews on such shoes? I used SC6 LDex and shb 35. My size is 10(US)/28cm. I also wear spenco insoles because I'm flat footed.

Thank you guys in advance for your response.

2. VeritasC&E

VeritasC&E Regular Member

I would also be grateful if someone would provide feedback on the long-term use of SHB 03 Z? Especially in terms of:

(1) Ankle Support
    (2) Game / Playability Advantage
    (3) Durability of the Shoe

As mentioned in another thread, I've played with ASICS GEL BLADE 5 for 2 years and I'm quite satisfied with them except perhaps in terms of ankle support (and cosmetic durability). I've had two injuries on my left ankle with them though (probably due to imperfect footwork too), so I'm considering perhaps buying new shoes (I don't want to push my luck with my ankle since I know it's been weakened two times now: mid 2016 and again 3 months ago).
    I am hesitating between SHB Aerus 2 and the SHB 03 Z

3. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I got the 03Z and I can say that it's far more stable than aerus 2. I have issues with my ankle rolling so the aerus 2 was definitely too narrow. It is however heavier than aerus 2. Also, if your feet isn't overly wide, you will need to tie the laces really tight so that the shoe doesn't move around. It isn't a big issue though.

VeritasC&E likes this.
  4. VeritasC&E

That's useful information!

I think I'll opt for the 03Z then. I don't want to risk developing a lose ankle.

5. Jay Ng

Jay Ng Regular Member

I’ve had my 03Z for about 8 months only wearing them on court playing mostly men’s singles. Still in very good condition with the exception of the opening as I used to wear an ankle support. I’ve got weak ankles and my right lead leg obviously takes a lot of punishment. I had many times when I hobble home after a couple of hours of men’s singles games.

I’ve only just recently changed to Spenco polysorb cross trainer insoles and my ankles don’t feel sore anymore to the point that I’ve stopped wearing the ankle support.

I also bought a pair of Comfort Z shoes recently and lost my big toe nail playing with them on only 2 occasions. This is why I’ve gone back to the 03Z with different insoles. I nearly went over to my left ankle the 2nd time I played with the Comfort Z but I’ve never had the same problem with the 03Z.

Definitely change the insoles as this has made the biggest difference to my game. I’ve never had coaching so my footwork isn’t the great but I’m still able to get around the court pretty quick.

It’s a lot easier to move around the court now l as I don’t have to constantly compensate the way I move due to painful ankles.

VeritasC&E likes this.
  6. Shiv Kumar

Shiv Kumar Regular Member

I am yet another satisfied user of 03Z. The cushioning is quite good and provides good ankle support.
    I have relatively wide toe area and this shoe fits properly and snugly. I have even stopped using ankle support and thankfully not yet sprained my ankle even once.
    My all earlier shoes have opened from sides within 6 to 8 months of use while this is going strong even after 1 year. The sole grip have reduced a bit but still in good playing condition.
    Most likely I will buy this shoe again.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

VeritasC&E likes this.
  7. Jay Ng

Jay Ng Regular Member

I’m so satisfied with mine that I’ve got a pair of the LCW editions coming over next week

VeritasC&E and Shiv Kumar like this.
  8. Furyan

Furyan Regular Member

Had my 03z for 7 months, use them 3 times a week and they only have slight marking on inside of the lunging shoe, I also used the sc6 ld before and I prefer these. If it makes a difference to you I took out the insole they came with as they feel bumpy and not comfortable for me and replaced them with sorbothane full strike. They are so much lighter I feel like I’m flying around the court, would more than likely get these again when current pair are worn out.

VeritasC&E likes this.
  9. lurker

lurker Regular Member

After reading all the reviews here, decided to try out a different insole than the stock ones from Yonex.
    Took the Total Support Max version, still hv the option to change to the Total Support original or the Spenco Total Support Thin

20180703_173652_HDR.jpg 20180703_173657_HDR.jpg 20180703_173702_HDR.jpg

10. ljkmann

ljkmann Regular Member

11. lurker

lurker Regular Member

Sorry, I don't quite get your question

12. ljkmann

ljkmann Regular Member

Poor English...

How did you get that color?

Cheers

13. lurker

lurker Regular Member

White color is readily available in my country Malaysia,
    Imported by sunrise

14. VeritasC&E

Thanks for all your answers. I've ordered a pair! : )

15. konww002

konww002 Regular Member

To me, 03Z prevents my left heel from plantar fasciitis better than 65Z. Guess that I need firmer support from the 03Z.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk