Blibli INDONESIA Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (03-08 July)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. visor

visor Regular Member

How's Viktor's form compared to last week in MAS open? If not much different, then KM should take it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

2. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

More aggresive but then Shi Yuqi fed him alot.

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

GohLiuYing/Chan is so impressive. The way they dispatched both the chinese pair with consumate ease and they deserve the title.

I feel the only way they wont win tomorrow is if Chan makes many service errors in front of pressurising istora. Accept that this will be their last meeting with Natsir retiring this year.

4. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Looks like the fatigue showed up for LCW, a natural reminder that his body is not young anymore. Credit for KM for bringing the best against LCW.

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I guess their toughest opponent right now is their compatriots as they seem to have no problems beating any top pairs from other countries.
    I like them much more than the other JPN pairs (though I hardly watch WD matches) especially more than the pair that just beat them today. Watching Fukushima/Hirota can be just so depressing, their body languages when they make mistakes makes me feel that the world is ending sometimes. :D:p

Michael V, visor and Cunning Linguist like this.
  6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Haha :D nah man, I'm not a fan, so I don't really care. Actually makes it much more quiet and enjoyable around here :D

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  7. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Word.:D

8. Michael V

Michael V Regular Member

They have a chance to beat Fukushima and Hirota again in Thailand if they both reach SF although I’m quite worried about the fatigue from TakaMatsu of reaching far in all their three tournaments in three weeks. I agree with everything you said though. :D

#1008 Michael V, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  9. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    I arrived at Istora at 7:45 AM, and the queue at ticket booths right now is just insane. Fyi, the ticket booths will not be opened until 10 AM. I'm dying slowly in the queue under the sun hahaha. Couldn't manage to buy the ticket online o_O

#1009 Woman.in.Red, Jul 7, 2018
    visor and Cheung like this.
  10. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Sensing a dent in Axelsen's confidence. Or is he always this downbeat?

In an article posted on the Badminton Europe website:

"I am sure it’ll be a great atmosphere in the Istora Senayan stadion tomorrow. For opportunities like this, all the hard work is worth it. I will also try to enjoy the match, because I don’t know how many chances I will get to reach another final in Jakarta. Hopefully there will be a few - but I don’t know. I will do my very best“, Axelsen told TV2 Sporten.

11. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Damn how I envy everyone who was able to go (Jk, I'm happy for everyone who got to experience it) . I wish I could've been there but unfortunately I can't. I live in Bali and I can't afford traveling to Jakarta lol. I'll just stay here and watch the matches on TV. :p:D

Here's the order of the matches happening today.

[​IMG]

12. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
    Next year, maybe?

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINALS (02.00pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...E06027-4CA2-43A7-BE42-811EB9B3147D&d=20180708

Japan has most representatives in final, has secured WD title. A big losing for China when their players fall out simultaneously in semifinal, leaving Chen Yufei is the only survivor at last round. A good opportunity for host Indonesia to scoop two titles here.

WS, Tai Tzu Ying (TPE) v Chen Yufei (CHN)
    H-2-H : 8-0 / WR : 1 v 5
    • Two semifinal ties display striking fashion how they complete the match. Chen Yufei and Sung Ji Hyun involve in really close battle, draining energy so much, heart-pumping encounter till the end that see the Chinese comeback from the brink of losing to take final spot that lasted 83 minutes of play.
    • Far from expectation, Tai Tzu Ying is too strong and dominant for He Bingjiao as the left-hander is lack of shot accuracy and fitness issue once again to match his rival masterclass strokes and strategy. Tai bulldozes He convincingly in opening game 21-13 then the Chinese young star fights back to give everything she had but it's not enough to stop world number one to book 6th final in this season, 21-18.
    • Badminton queen Tai Tzu Ying is overwhelming favourite to reclaim INA Open crown against Chen Yufei
    WD, Mayu Matsumoto/Wakana Nagahara (JPN) v Yuki Fukushima/Sayaka Hirota
    H-2-H : 0-2 / WR : 14 v 3
    • Chen QC/Jia YF look helpless and don’t indicate their world champion quality, lost meekly to Japanese back-up Matsumoto/Nagahara who have good attacking style, more aggressive to topple Chinese duo, 21-13 / 21-18. Chen/Jia are more and more vurnerable and big trouble to face Japanese WD
    • Again, the Olympic Champion Matsutomo/Takahashi tumble to Fukushima/Hirota, biggest stumbling block for former world number one none but their compatriots, on the contrary current world number three often trouble against foreign competitors including All England final
    • There're 6 Japanese pairs in top 20, it's tough for others to break their domination nowadays, regeneration is going smoothly, Matsumoto/Nagahara start to shine in top-level competition
    MS, Viktor Axelsen (DEN) v Kento Momota (JPN)
    H-2-H : 1-7 / 1 v 8
    • The prestigious showdown of Asian champion v European King, a talented Momota versus very disciplined Axelsen, coming from same generation, former world junior champions, seems both of them are destined to bulid up new rivalry post the phenomenal Lin-Lee saga.
    • World Champion Viktor Axelsen shows his prowess against All England champion Shi Yuqi, dropping opening game 18-21. In second game Axelsen changes tactic, injecting the pace to outmaneuver the static Chinese youngster 21-14 then one-way traffic deciding game, 21-11. A big difference between these two young men lie on their character and mindset, the Dane has high confidence, champion mentality, positive thinking on the other side Shi YQ always being under pressure and inferior, has no courageous to challenge himself and raise his standard as China new leading man, a long way to go for Shi against world's big gun.
    • Kento Momota contra Lee Chong Wei, MAS Open final dejavu occurs in first game with reversal of fortune this time. Lee had hefty leading 13-7 then Momota is crawling to close the gap, inspiring comeback once again to deliver hard times for six-time winner. The Japanese seals first set, 23-21 and a bad omen for Malaysian superstar as Momota implements aggressive style to unleash smashes and dismantles his 12 years older opponent, 21-12. Momota is a good example for young players in terms of fighting spirit, ambition and hungry for success.
    XD, Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (INA) v Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying (MAS)
    H-2-H : 9-1 / 3 v 15
    • Title-holder Ahmad/Natsir continue their fine form to outplay younger compatriot Faizal/Widjaja in one way traffic match, 21-14 / 21-8.
    • Superb action by Malaysian representatives Chan/Goh to knock out current world number one and two in a row, Goh Liu Ying is better, faster also smarter to execute good placement than Huang Yaqiong. Zheng Siwei falters with his nerves and becomes error-proned, same case with All England final
    • A rematch of Rio OG 2016 gold medal match, Ahmad/Natsir are favoured to defend their title in front of their diehard fans.
    MD, Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (INA) v Takuto Inoue/Yuki Kaneko (JPN)
    H-2-H : 3-0 / 1 v 8
    • A boring and less interesting semifinal ties in Super 1000 level, Inoue/Kaneko power past the suprising TPE combination Liao MC/Su CH, 21-13 / 21-11. Later on, world number one Gideon/Sukamuljo outclass their junior teammates Alfian/Ardianto, 21-13 / 21-10.
    • Gideon/Sukamuljo will be unstoppable to complete their title collection, don’t see the Japanese number two could derail home favourite mission
    • The Indonesians won their last meeting in Japan Open Superseries final almost a year ago.

Justin L and visor like this.
  14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

I experienced the same condition when watched WC Final in 2015 despite I had brought barcode ticket to redeem at the counter.

15. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

for his age and playingbback to back in so many tournaments, i woukd say LCW did very well. he needs a break and focus on some key events. but if his ranking drop due to lack of tournament, also hard for him.

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

The most exciting matches would be MS and XD today, according to their history.

TTY and Marcus/Kevin should win their matches with their current forms.

And if in any case minions lost this match, they seriously need to consider suing Yonex for their stripe shirts and demand a new design.

It'sMeMeMe likes this.
  17. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
    The line at the redemption booth is also outrageous. Now (10:30 AM) peope have started lining at each entrance door although the first match starts at 2 PM :D

#1017 Woman.in.Red, Jul 7, 2018
  18. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

I hope so..:p

Nah man ....I have a very good feeling about today like I really feel like they’ll win. :p:p

19. volcom

volcom Regular Member

GLY/CPS to choke like olympics 2016

20. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
    Screenshot_20180708-111437.png
    Screenshot_20180708-111447.png

Alfian/Ardianto said they couldn't do anything as Kevin was like about to "eat" the shuttlecock near the net (LOL). They also refuted allegations that they deliberately lost the game. They said they had done everything they could but they always lost the "fight" at the front.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.