Daihatsu Yonex JAPAN Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (11-16 September)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 10, 2018.

1. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

MD is Chen/Wang vs Li/Liu, and He/Tan vs Kev/Gid.
    I think both of them will be great match, since the shuttle is slow here.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

So another taller MD pair won the match haha minions in trouble

It was obvious why they didn't win Malaysian Open, they played horribly in SF against Kamura/Sonoda after beating the minions.

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

In my opinion, MD is always competitive, whether as someone who wins the title or as the whole general seedings and Minions 15 titles hasnt come as easy as ZhengSiwei per se.

They just have more heart and battling wins, until they get bored of course. They wouldnt have won that many without that never say die attitude. MalaysiaOpen last year, IndonesiaOpen this year, AsianGames. tough tough tourneys that they won to name a few.

4. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

So it doesnt mean 'Well MD is super competitive so there bounds to be new winner', I guess?
    So, lets go Minions, lets win this tournament, I guess, right?

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Nah to be fair i dont think they will win. First I feel INA players peak for the AsianGames and second they have been playing many matches to. It will get to them.

Third, im sure HeTan is motivated.

6. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Omg I totally forgot INA got this one rep left. lmao

Glad to find out that their names on the left side in tournamentsoftware results. hehe

Its probably a mission impossible to win in the next match tomoz.. Nevermind tho..By this result, it could be enough for them to climb up in WR no #3 by next week. :p:p

7. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

CHN has highly chance to have 2 chinise finals in both XD and MD (God forbids :rolleyes:).

Unlucky drew for WD since both CHN pairs got to meet each other earlier in SF.

[​IMG]

#787 RoarRa, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yesterday Akane joked about Tai Tzu Ying and P V Sindhu leaving the tournament early, saying," so that you can go sightseeing ?". Today it's her turn to exit, but she put her defeat to Chen Yufei on fitness or lack thereof, claiming the tight tournament schedule as required by BWF is taking a toll on her. At the same time, she vowed 'revenge' on CYF the next time they meet.

The news as taken from here http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2018-09-14/doc-ifxeuwwr4357322.shtml

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Whether Chen Yufei has the technical skills to take on Marin aside, she will definitely lose to her on fitness. Marin is atm too fast and strong for CYF whose only chance is to read Marin's game and anticipate her shots better. But with Marin's experience, she's capable of changing her strategy and tactics to pose more difficulties to CYF.

The match is clearly Marin's to lose. She's also hot favourite for the title, I'd say unstoppable.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

When you said INA players peak for the Asian Games.. you can't mean the minions because I am almost sure they were not peaking during Asian Games nor anytime actually after their first match in TUC.

And I am also sure in terms of being motivated, minions won't lose to He/Tan especially because they lost to this exact CHN pair in Malaysia Open.

So to be fair (not so sure what you mean by being fair here), the only thing that could prevent minions from winning is the slow hall which doesn't suit their playing style and if they played like they did in Nanjing. It's hard to tell how they actually played against the NED pair because it wasn't on tv court nor court 2. But they won't lose just because of those 3 reasons you mentioned.

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

SEMIFINAL (10.00am, 2 courts) : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...63753E-0F95-48E8-B948-FCE4390E6D25&d=20180915

Men's Singles
    • Time has changed, new generation is coming, that's to describe two-time Olympic Champion Lin Dan versus current king Kento Momota. Super Dan has not enough energy to balance his 11 younger opponent Momota who faster, more aggressive and less errors as the scoreline displaying, 21-8 / 21-10 for the reigning World Champion.
    • More bleak result for China in this category as none of them can reach final four as later on Chen Long also couldn't meet the expectation despite he had hefty leading in opening game, 17-11 then the fighter Khosit Phetpradab made inspiring comeback to score nine consecutive points and sealed first set, 21-19. The Olympic Champion had opportunity to force rubber games but he couldn't nail it. The Thai will face another surprising semifinalist Lee Dong Keun who outlasts more favoured Srikanth Kidambi.
    • Top-seed Viktor Axelsen dismisses Anthony Ginting, the Danish star is very well-prepared as he can anticipate Ginting attacking shots well then counter attack with his half smash and accurate placement. Axelsen-Momota showdown as predicted, tough chance for defending champion as he only won once of 9 encounters, it's premature MS final as the winner of this tie high possibly will top podium on Sunday.
    Women's Singles
    • Carolina Marin edges out arch-rival Ratchanok Intanon, 21-18 / 21-19. The Spanish sensation is on her element, thanks to her persistence against the skillful Intanon. Her self confidence is growing high after created history to become three-time World Champion, next she will take on Chen Yufei who eliminates Akane Yamaguchi in three games. An interesting semifinal encounter tomorrow as this is first meeting for both players.
    • China-Japan affairs at top-half of draw see home players progress, high profile Nozomi Okuhara disposes Chinese back-up Chen Xiaoxin while Aya Ohori knocks out Gao Fangjie, the inconsistent young lady as she defeated Pusarla Sindhu at last sixteen then lost meekly to Ohori.
    Men's Doubles
    • The Minions have chance to take revenge over China promising pair He JT/Tan Q who beat the world number one in MAS Super 750 end of June. Gideon/Sukamuljo need longer time at court to eliminate Netherlands duo Maas/Tabeling while the Chinese combination also play rubber games to conquer local hopefuls Hoki/Kobayashi.
    • One more China representative Li JH/Liu YC redeem their AG semifinal defeat to Alfian/Ardianto at neutral ground here, tough and intriguing contest particularly first two games. The world champion will meet unseeded Taiwanese pair Chen HL/Wang CL who halt Korean rookies Kim WH/Seo SJ.
    Women's Doubles
    • World number one Fukushima/Hirota are the last WD standing for Japan, a shocking outcome amid their domination in this discipline lately. FukuHiro outclass Thai pair Kititharakul/Prajongjai, 21-12 / 21-7 and set up a clash with Indonesian aces Polii/Rahayu who involving in gruelling 97 minutes of play to defeat Bulgarian, Stoeva sisters.
    • Sign of the awakening by the Chinese WD as Chen QC/Jia YF will meet sensational underdog Du Y/Li YH who outmaneuver top-ranked Japanese WD, World Champion Matsumoto/Nagahara, 21-16 / 21-10. Previously, the tomboyish duo stunned the Olympic Champion, Matsutomo/Takahashi.
    Mixed Doubles
    • Two Chinese frontrunners will meet complicated opponent tomorrow. World Champion Zheng SW/Huang YQ face Malaysian veterans Chan PS/Goh LY who battled hard and won narrowly over Indonesians Jordan/Oktavianti in last eight. The more solid and consistent AG Champion is favoured to reach finale.
    • Wang YL/Huang DP have local hurdles Watanabe/Higashino, world number two pair have psychological edge as they won all three encounters against the All England champion but homeground advantage should contribute extra motivation for the Japanese to win this time.
    LIVE TV COVERAGE (Court 1, 10.00am) :
    1) Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong (CHN) v Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying (MAS)
    2) Nozomi Okuhara (JPN) v Aya Ohori (JPN)
    3) Yuta Watanabe/Arisa Higashino (JPN) v Wang Yilu/Huang Dongping (CHN)
    4) Viktor Axelsen (DEN) v Kento Momota (JPN)
    5) Yuki Fukushima/Sayaka Hirota (JPN) v Greysia Polii/Apriani Rahayu (INA)
    6) Lee Dong Keun (KOR) v Khosit Phetpradab (THA)
    7) Carolina Marin (ESP) v Chen Yufei (CHN)
    8) Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (INA) v He Jiting/Tan Qiang (CHN)

kurako, yuquall and It'sMeMeMe like this.
  12. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

13. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

Du Y/Li YH got a superpower?

14. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    Oh, hi there
    If you only knew that i hate that so much! LOL
    It's like waiting for a message reply from my crush

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

stanleyfm likes this.
  15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

You and your crush exchange messages every 30 secs or less? :D:D:D
    Must be a very intense 50 minutes.

stanleyfm likes this.
  16. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

they kinda have strong defenses and big tank to dish out smashes continuosly
    maybe been playing in XD for a while got them develop the defenses and coz they hardly smash in XD they become greedy and wanna smack everything when playing WD..

at least that's the impression i got watching the replay of them beating TakaMatsu.. though that 3rd set was just Misaki wanting to get smacked in the face by Ayaka

haven't watch the one vs MatsuNaga though

ebcd likes this.
  17. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    Hey, we even could exchange messages all day long and all night long until pass midnight . The replies might take more than 1 minute during office hour LOL.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

stanleyfm likes this.
  18. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Aww.. This is so cute...
    Marín and Ratchanok: Enemies on court but friends off court today. :p:p

[​IMG]

#798 RoarRa, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    It'sMeMeMe and Woman.in.Red like this.
  19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Didn't last as long as TakaMatsu at all. Not even close, they couldn't do anything to counter attack nor defend the relentless attacks from Du/Li in G2. I thought the JPN women were strong

Would be interesting to see them playing Chen/Jia tomorrow though as they lost to Chen/Jia the last time they met. This is more interesting than JPN vs JPN hahaha
    Though for you probably much less "leg time" but doesn't matter to me

It'sMeMeMe likes this.
  20. wade

wade Regular Member

deep down I think li/liu wants minions to go to the final so they can finally beat them playing in this arena. imagine being the world champ but there's some pair out there who beat you 7 times in a row :p

indrg and It'sMeMeMe like this.