Victor Jetspeed 12 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ahren92, Mar 22, 2016.

1. ak47d

ak47d Regular Member

Alright..thanks.

2. Babar

Babar Regular Member

I would say the head is neither compact, neither large.
    There are definitely rackets with way larger heads.

ak47d likes this.
  3. ak47d

ak47d Regular Member

Still seeking replacement for the BS10 3U...didnt like the JS10 compact head. Am hoping the JS12M would be it. Just unsure if I should go for the 3U or 4U. Any recommendations?

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    There is no replacment for it truth be told.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

ak47d and ucantseeme like this.
  5. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Too bad JS 10 didn’t make it, it was the only jetspeed that compare to BS 10 quickness.

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Honestly speaking it is just quicker due lighter head. If head weight of both were equal I would vote for BS10 1.Gen.

ak47d likes this.
  7. ak47d

ak47d Regular Member

I regret didn't keep an additional BS10..bought it at a time when BS12 was the more popular model, tks to LYD..

Tried JS10 and Mizuno JPX Limited but BS10 is still my go to racket.

8. Savage Attack

Savage Attack Regular Member

Student
    are there any similar rackets to the JS12, I can't buy them in New Zealand and most of the rackets in New Zealand are Yonex. I need a second racket for upcoming u15 tournaments so I want a similar racket

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Why not getting a second JS12? Just order from Australia.

10. Savage Attack

Savage Attack Regular Member

Student
    Any links? Do they stock the JS12M?

11. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
  12. bestco

bestco Regular Member

so for doubles would you recommend 4U JS12 over 3U JS12? is there really a noticeable difference in weight?

13. Marraff

Marraff New Member

Hi all,

I have been reading almost the entire thread here but still can't seem to find any clear indications on whether or net Jetspeed 12 (lime) is in any way or form different to Jetspeed 12M (blue) other than color palette? I have been told or read somewhere that the JS12M has had reinforced material in the frame, but that it should handle and perform equal to its predecessor the JS12. However, I fell in love with the JS12 and when I heard about sinking grommets I decided to go for the newer and material stronger version in blue. It just seems to be that I don't connect with the JS12M as I did with the original. The flow and the feel of the game is different, the smashes, clears and drops don't connect as with the old one, and after a session of badminton I start feeling fatigue. I always string at 12kg with BG80 and use the same cushion for my grip. Both requests are bought from a licensed retailer.

So question is, am I fooling myself? Is there a difference albeit it be a small and - to some - insignificant difference? Or has the strengthening of the materials really impacted to the stiffness of the frame and the overall feel? I am not delusional that I am a top pro player and that I can feel everything that is going on, however, being an intermediate player having played for the most of my adult life, I kinda know when I like a racquet and when I don't. And I don't enjoy the JS12M as much as the original. Maybe its a learning phase I need to pass through, but with apparently identical specs and features, I would assume that going from one JS12 to the other wouldn't have any significant consequence other than a change in color.

14. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Hi,

I moved on to 12M from 12 and I too did notice that it’s slightly different. 12M is a little more head heavier, I always assumed it’s something to do with QC therefore I didn’t pursue the problem.

My previous JS12 were all cracked (idk how) and I’m aware of the sinking problem and I have grommet strips on them (could be the reason why it’s heavier also). Therefore I couldn’t comment if they actually fixed the sinking frame issue or not.

I agree that the feeling is slightly different. Or perhaps we are the unlucky ones and have a big variance in our racket. I’m nowhere near pro but I could tell the differences. I’ll have to see what the others think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marraff likes this.
  15. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I have ran two JS12s(original) for the last 18 months. I have used Zymax 66Fire& 66Fire Power @ 27lbs. They have been restrung about 4 times each. I have 0 sinking so far surprisingly. I purchased them before I knew about the sinking issue.

Either way I love them. For singles it's a little hard to get the back court punch but for doubles I have yet to find a racket as clean as this one. I would still buy them even with the sinking issue.

16. Marraff

Marraff New Member

Hi Cycril

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. So it turns out that I am not completely ludacris :) But what a shame if we're being told that despite of the reinforced material in the frame that the specs and handling should be equal to the original. Well....Maybe I should go look for a swap deal then. But as you said, I too feel the 12M being a bit heavier, stiffer, slower and sluggish. And for me, not even my smashes or clears improves with the new model, mainly due to the difference in handling which means that I am not able to hit the shuttle as I did on the Lime JS12. And when you contact the retailers they all state that NOTHING has changed except color. It really is a jungle out there, especially here in Denmark, where there are close to zero places where I can try out a Victor racket before buying. It's either Yonex or Forza.

17. Hickton

Hickton Regular Member

I have had two JS12M 3U for about 9 months. Also strung about three times each with Zymax 66 Firepower @ 27lbs. No sinking issues at all. Just had a great club night playing with one of them. They are a bit head heavy (which is what I want) but not massively and really can't fault them. Probably the best racquet I have had and I've been playing longer than I care to remember!

18. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I too had 2 JS12 4U and 2 JS12M 4U

Absolutely loved JS12 the first time I played with. Perfect combination of speed and power. When I heard of the sinking problem, sold them quickly and bought JS12M as a replacement

When I first played JS12M, i felt it was the same racquet but with a different feeling
    I find it a little more stiff, a little more head heavier, a little less maneuverable and with a slightly harder feel. The original JS12 has a more « elastic » feeling which imo makes it easier to play

Even if I prefer the original JS12, the JS12M is really close to it, you won’t find anything closer as a replacement, and I played maybe the best badminton I’ve ever played with! And maybe this is just the infamous QC from Victor that gives these discrepancies…

19. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

Same experience with mine.
    I broke 3, 2/3u Lime JS12 due to sinking problem and now using JS12M blue.
    Same feeling with you it's a tad head heavier, stiffer and slower. JS12 Lime is a lot forgiving it's liie a BS12 with more power.
    Any of you tested the new Auraspeed 90s,80x or the 70k?

20. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Sent from JS12M to N9-II, and never looked back!

Latest Victor racquets don’t seem appealing at all