YONEX ASTROX 99 (AX-99)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by konww002, Jul 2, 2018.

1. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    Arc8dx with more headweight and more flex is literally the arc11

Manong and visor like this.
  2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I think that Duo8XP is a better replacement for the 8DX and a good upgrade compared to any Astrox.

3. Manong

Manong Regular Member

MIS Engineer
    wow this is noted, I'll try to find reviews first for this racket before jumping on the bandwagon club! (wallet deepness not found so I need to think thrice before buying anything hahahaha!)

I'm also re-evaluating myself on jumping on head-heavy rackets as I'm also a fan of that when I'm still that young but I don't want a 'sledgehammer' that will make my life miserable, I just need an added bonus o that I will not purely swing brute force out of even balance rackets.

Thank you very much for your kind information guys!

ucantseeme likes this.
  4. Adi Tariono

Adi Tariono Regular Member

Problem solve. hahahhahaha.

20181002_065537.jpg 20181002_065819.jpg

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The problem is not solved, it's just covered - with the bonus of having an even head heavier racket (anyone remember the E-Tune thingies?).

I did the same on my JS10s with @JJ0907's special grommets which prevented any further sinking, but that doesn't make the damaged racket underneath go away.

ucantseeme likes this.
  6. LinHalu

LinHalu Regular Member

where can get for AX99?

7. Adi Tariono

Well not everything can going exactly like we want to, but at least the damage not become much worst. also like you said it aid more head heavy. So there is some minus but also there is some plus either. ha ha ha ha. So for me problem solved.
    Overall I still like my ax99. hehehe.

maybe you can ask the store near you continous grommet for YY AT 900 P, with little modified it will do the job. If you see the picture you will notice where to cut the continous grommet.

best regards,

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Err your local authorised distributor?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

9. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    Those grommets still won't solve anything. With time sinking will set in. Happened with my thruster, but with Dennis grommets it was slightly delayed. Took the call and sold a fantastic racket.

10. Kingsley90

Kingsley90 Regular Member

s_mair likes this.
  11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Exactly. They were selling you a defective product. Claim warranty and try to get it replaced for heaven's sake. That's the only way how manufacturers will learn that they have to sell better products in the end.

ucantseeme likes this.
  12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I also recommend it. No manufacturer should come away with sinking issues an new rackets.

@Adi Tariono You also fill Yonex pocket by buying the continuous strips because they made a faulty product. So they earn twice due you based on a faulty product. Once the racket and expensive grommets for maintenance. This sinking put you also in the situation to never sell the racket. Some people are assholes and would do that, but I would never do this. This is ripping people. IMO you should ASAP go to the shop and claim warranty. The racket has a limit of 28lbs, which also means that this frame should be on the stronger side of Yonex. If every customer takes it without any complainment it signals every company they can get away with faulty products. When they need to replace a lot they will think what they release at the end. Break the silence. :)

s_mair likes this.
  13. Adi Tariono

Normally I agree with you both, but I'm a easy going person so I don't want to troubling my self about warranty process because it is takes time and when I receive the new one I already lost my interest to use it. Also about the manufacture will know part I doubt they will know anyway. hahahaha. that the world I know.
    Also I kind happy to find some problem in the racket it is very interesting to me to solve the problem, not by claim warranty I suppose.
    But it is just me anyway. hahahahhaha.

Nothing perfect.....

I some kind racket maniac. hahahahha

Last thing The reason I put this problem:
    1. Hopefully if there some one that work in Yonex Japan can have information about this. So the can make better product. because I believe everybody around the world can see or search in this forum. this is a world wide forum right?
    2. To share information for other member so before they want to buy or already buy this racket will know the possibility of this problem also the solution.

Thank you guys for all the support and information. I'm sorry if I insult some one in this forum

Best regards,

PS: I buy this racket in authorize yonex dealer in Jakarta

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    It's great that you're easy going about this but I think you don't understand the point they're trying to make in regards to sending it for warranty claim.

The business needs the numbers to compare with other figures so that they themselves will know just how big a % of their product is flawed over a period of release time.

They may or may not know about its flaws at prototype stage because a large portion of their guinea-pigs at that point in time would generally be their professional players on the international and domestic circuits who generally end up pulling over warranty most of the time (especially the men).

So let's say X player starts testing it and pulls 32/34lbs and sinking occurs. I'd say that if I was R&D, I'd full and well know that I'm gonna see sinking on the frame regardless because of the stresses from the high tension combined with how hard a professional hits.

s_mair likes this.
  15. dtjovan

dtjovan Regular Member

16. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

In short, it is the duty of a customer to report to the manufacturer through a dealer any manufacturing defect.
    A staff from Yonex will feel hesitate to report to the boss if the complaint is found on a third party forum on the web. It is not a "proper" channel.

s_mair likes this.
  17. Astrox88SS

Astrox88SS Regular Member

anyone else with AX99 having this sinking issue or is it just a one off?

18. solid77

solid77 New Member

my ax99 is fine with 26lb

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I'm still on first string 28lbs. But I expect it to happen because of the **** for grommets they use in that location.

20. Adi Tariono

about 28 lbs

dtjovan likes this.