Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    No. You better buy it in ur local store

2. bmtboy

bmtboy Regular Member

Alright thanks man

3. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    I just wanted to add in my two cents on the JPX 8.5. I was on my trip in Singapore when I decided to pick up a Mizuno racket (you can't find Mizunos here in California, US - at least not at the stores I've been at). Upon explaining what I want in a racket, the store owner recommended the JPX 8.5 and Technix 1.2.

I rejected the Technix 1.2 almost immediately. It reminded me of RSL X-series racket. Taper Shaft, Hot Melt Tech = Wrinkle Free Tech, Nano PEF is probably along the lines of Poly Matrix Carbon, but maybe more advanced. The RSL Diamond X2 series racket that I used has been out some 10+ years ago. While I loved it because of the flex and forgiveness of the racket, I wanted to try something "different". This left the JPX 8.5. So I went with that. At first glance... yay... a new racket :). But looking closely, it resembles that of a Bravesword and I had the Bravesword 12N. Aerohexagram starts out its frame sharp instead of rounded like the Bravesword and the middle is boxy. However, its transition between the two frames isn't as smooth as the Bravesword (but basically HEX design <=>) From reading the forum, it seems like there might be a couple versions of the racket. I have the 86g, Stiff version of the racket. In comparing this racket to the Bravesword 12N, I prefer the 12N. Although 12N seems to have a very slightly stiffer shaft flex than the 8.5 (static two hand bend test), during actual play, 12N feels more flexible and is more forgiving than the 8.5 (note that I have both rackets strung with same string at same tension for testing). At the end of the day, I seem to be able to generate more power in my smashes from the 12N than the 8.5 due to the flex that seems to kick in from the racket (note: I am a weak smasher that relies on racket flex to give my smashes power which is why I loved the RSL Diamond X2 series). In hindsight, maybe I might have been happier with the Technix 1.2.

Note that I am in no way indicating that 8.5 is a bad racket. This is just a comparison based on my opinion so you have a reference point if you have used Bravesword 12N. If I were to make a general comment with no specific racket(s) comparison for the JPX 8.5, it would be something like this:

The JPX 8.5 is a stable racket, however, it is not as forgiving as other rackets might be. It is light, maneuverable and well balanced racket making it a great racket for both singles and doubles (especially for net play). In terms of smashing, you would need to be the type that has a strong arm that can generate your own flex into the racket as the racket is a bit stiff.

4. bmtboy

bmtboy Regular Member

Got the XYST 02 today and tried playing for 1.5hrs. Initial impression is that the control and power are good. I still need more time to test it out. Btw, it is strung with nanogy 98 @ 26lbs.

5. hm_andhika

Nice bro. Im also waiting for my rackets
    XYST02 could be a game changer

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Change 1 letter and it would be cyst

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

s_mair likes this.
  7. Rizto

Rizto New Member

Review pro n xyst bro?

8. llrr

llrr Regular Member

No racquet is ever a game changer o_O

Martynas likes this.
  9. hm_andhika

We can debate all day long bro haha.
    For me, a racquet can improve or worsen my game.

10. hm_andhika

There's a delay somewhere so I havent receive the racquet yet. But Im expecting first 8.1pro.

11. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I agree, but that's simply because a racquet can suit your play style, technique, and power generation better more than another. A game changer though, inherently means a significant change. I don't think any racquet can significantly improve or worsen your game. If that happens, it just means that your previous racquet was too unsuitable for you, don't you agree?

12. hm_andhika

Racquet has a greater impact on my game compared with strings.

There are few racquets that could worsen my game like N9ii, NR900, JS12, Mizuno Caliber. No matter how hard i try. I still cant get the feels.

For a Technix 12 users, moving to XYST02 may improve their quality of the game.

For me, 8.1 pro may not improve my game so much but I like to see how good the power comes from this racquet.

13. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Of course there is, a pro using a 5 USD racket can't even win against a noob with AX88D.
    It's proved by experiment. In this case, the 5 USD racket, in your definition, is a game changer.

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Give any pro player a 10 USD aluminium racket with a decent string job (or not even that) and he will still beat the crap out of any of us mortal players. You're highly overrating the effect of gear in relation to things as court speed, fitness, shot consistency and tactical capabilities, mate.

15. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

#1435 foo.tw, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You know that this is a clip produced to be funny and entertaining, right? I have no clue what they are saying, but I do know that both are petty bad actors.

Want another similar example with a different result? Please welcome Mark Zwiebler (wearing a knight's armor) vs. Noob:

And no, I don't think that the Arc11 made the difference in the end there.

17. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

They are both using ARC11, surely it's not a variable here.
    In this experiment, the variable is the armor.

What's more suitable title for this video is : The adverse effect of a mid-age armor on pro badminton player.

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

So you seriously think that a worse racket would have had a bigger effect than the armor?
    If so, I guess we should leave it at that and agree to disagree.

Babar likes this.
  19. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I believe that if Lin Dan uses a pure gold racket against me, he won't win.

20. llrr

llrr Regular Member

If you read my post carefully, I did say that *if* a racquet was a game changer, then that just means the previous racquet you used was too unsuitable for you. In this case, a $5 racquet would definitely fall into that category. If someone was using a racquet that suited them to begin with, no new racquet will suddenly change their game by a significant amount.