Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Definitely sluggish in defense and drive play, also on fast compact swings like smashes...

2. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

I get the feeling those manufacturer provided racket charts are sometimes wrong and sometimes driven by marketing.
    They are still on the whole useful though.

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

3. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

Does anybody else feel like Li Ning rackets lose tensions faster than Yonex rackets? People I know personally seem to agree with me and the only constant factors are string (BG 65Ti and BG65) and racket brand (Li Ning). A stringer told me it was because Li Ning grommets are bigger than Yonex ones.

I'm personally going to try No.1 to see if they hold the tensions better, but if anybody has had similar experiences and can provide some insight that would be great.

For the record, I'm not trying to "hate" on Li Ning. I really enjoy using my N7-ii but having the strings go from 28 -> 24 within a week on 2 different rackets really sucks.

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Which rackets are you comparing them to?

5. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

Mostly Yonex rackets I previously owned and friends rackets. So my Astrox 77 that has been strung for ~6 months is tighter than both my N7iis which were strung within the last 2 months. My girlfriend has 3 N90iii and the only one not loose is the one strung with No.1.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Haven't made that experience. However, assuming that it is in fact happening and only on Li Ning rackets (for whatever reason), there is also a positive to it. The same string losing tension faster on one racket would have to be a result of the string moving more freely, for example by having less overlap on the side of the frame, or bigger/rounder grommets. In turn, that would also mean that it would move more on your shot, giving even more of a spring effect and producing more power. It would also give just a slightly lower risk of breaking the string as well.
    As I said, that is all based on the assumption that the LN racket is the cause, and not the stringer tying off badly or stringing it looser in the first place,or something like that.

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    To be fair: If you use BG65/BG65TI you have 2 of the biggest tension losers from Yonex. So dropping from fresh 28lbs to 24lbs is around 120Hz. Nothing I would wonder within a week. Both strings are horrible in tension retention.

Also the stringer plays a significant role. If A use an ECP with 10% PS vs. B without PS, you can also await different results. If the machines and technique/pattern of A and B differ you can also find here a difference in tension drop.

As a player you can also influence such drops. If you use one racket more often than the other you can get easily 2lbs difference. I made the own experience by stringing both at same time and playing preferable one of them. Also here a culprit for difference.

IMO you are also right that the thick Li-Ning Grommets are softer and deform more than the thick Yonex ones, which can also be a culprit for tension loss, but should be equalized if a racket is used so frequent until both got re-grommet the same. At the same time the grommet deforms at the pull, so it will be just a small influence.

If you have an Astrox for 6month with BG65 at 28lbs, it wasn't played very often, right?

j4ckie likes this.
  8. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

I also suspect that it's because of the strings, going to trying No.1 and see how they go.

So I did use my Astrox a lot of the first 2 months of the 6 and it's barely dropped in tension. While I have 2 N7ii, the main one I used is around 24lbs while the spare is around 26lbs. Not 100% sure about these numbers but basically in terms of tightness 77 > N7ii spare >> N7ii main.
    I'm aware that more use means the strings loosen up quicker, I'm just not used to dropping so much tension so fast. Other rackets I used felt like they would drop maybe 2lbs before they frayed and broke.

Was wondering if I wanted play at around 26 - 28 and I expected them to drop, would asking them to string at like 30lbs allow me to play in my regular range.

9. Shank2win

Shank2win Regular Member

I have used N7iis since they first came out with No. 1s at 32lbs of tension. I never see more than about 2lbs of tension loss over the life of the string. You may want to try a different stringer to see if your tension loss persists.

10. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Don't worry too much about tension loss. 2lbs until they fray and break is impossible. Most string drop around 2 lbs during the stabilisation and the first sessions when they come off the machine. IMO every string drops its performance in the 4th week (according to my tension, circumstance). I go by feel. If it feels still good to okay, I keep it otherwise I cut it. That a string stay in good shape and perform well for a long time is impossible. Even the furious BG80 which is well known for tension holding drop in the first week and sessions nearly 2lbs. If you get a racket strung in the morning at 28, it's 27 in the evening. For reference I go through 40-50 jobs per year just because the string loose tension, feel and crispiness (a few will break as well).

11. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

I understand that strings will drop in tension, I just felt like a drop of 4lbs in a month of playing is bit much. I was mostly looking to see if was something exclusive with LN rackets such that they're strung slightly different or something. Seems to me the answer is either the strings itself (which in the past I haven't had issues with, but these are a different roll and colour of the same string) or it's the stringer.

12. Shank2win

Shank2win Regular Member

Ask your stringer if they pre-stretch while stringing. This can make a huge difference in tension loss.

13. Ryseric

Ryseric Regular Member

IMG-20181006-WA0000.jpg

Woohoo! :D:D:rolleyes:

Saru, lostLore, s_mair and 2 others like this.
  14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    4lbs in a month is a normal rate in high tension territory from right off the machine to playing 24 hours within a month according to my measurements of BG80. First 1-1.5lbs from settling pretty quick the rest slowly and continous when you play. The biggest drops are normally in the first 12-24hours settling, the rest from frequent playing. If the job feels for you too soft within a month, go for regular restrings or ask for PS the string or string 2lbs higher than usual and let it rest 3-4 days.

But your whole combination of no default stringer/same machine/same pattern, using one of the worst tension holding strings in the market, no verified measurements (like carltune or stringster) make it really difficult to make a clear and compareable statement. There is nothing wrong with the string. BG65 is absolute ****. Just retrofans and dinosaurs would use it. We have so much better strings available. I played BG65 up to 32lbs years ago and cut it after a few days. Will never use it again on my own rackets.

15. dtjovan

dtjovan Regular Member

Dear LN seniors, may i ask if n7ii Hendra edition spec same as n7ii white / TC 70?

I have Hendra edition and wished to buy one more ( but white colour) as a spare racket.

Did some research n not all website spec shown them as totally indentical, esp in term of stiffness ^^

#4915 dtjovan, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I own a Setiawan Edition myself and know two other white N7II which I get to string regularly. And at least those three examples are identical (given the normal tolerance between several "identical" rackets). So you can safely go on and buy a white spare one to build up a really pretty pair.

dtjovan likes this.
  17. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Good choice to get the N7ii White ! One of the better looking rackets out there after the n9ii black/pink of course haha!

dtjovan likes this.
  18. Shank2win

Shank2win Regular Member

Same racket, I own multiple colors and the specs do not differ

dtjovan likes this.
  19. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Nothing beats the purple one. Trust me. ;)

20. Shank2win

Shank2win Regular Member

I have to agree, I stated with a couple white ones but now I went with a few purple ones

ucantseeme likes this.