Astrox 88D vs Voltric 80

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by baihaki_as, Oct 1, 2018.

1. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

hi

I want buy a new racket which one is better astrox 88 D vs voltric 80. The store still provide voltric 80 even now is become rate

2. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

88D hands down. I own both, VT80 has more vibration with miss hit.

3. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

I just decided buy v80 T-T

4. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

Can you give a little more comparison? From that simple statement it sounds like you are saying all other are equal except for mishits.

5. Carbonex_7

I am not saying all other are equal, i highlighted what is the deal breaker for me and could be his. I owned 88D, 88S and VT80. All rackets plays differently and has their own characteristic. VT80 is a great racket to play with, excellent in many aspects. If only compare to 88D, VT80 is not as forgiving as 88D. Being both rated as stiff, 88D with new NAMD technology and rotational generator system, Astrox series feels a lot better when come into playing feel especially miss hit. I switched to Victors from YY 3 years ago with JS 10 and 12 and thought I would never go back to YY again but Astrox change my mind and now I am committed Yonex fan once again.

#5 Carbonex_7, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Manong likes this.
  6. CRZ-ZF1

CRZ-ZF1 Regular Member

I managed to try the 88D and owning VT80. I couldn't justify 88D is a better racquet. They both generate similar smash to me, so no I did not achieve stepper angle per Yonex advertise. However, I did feel VT80 is more solid head feeling than 88D. Their sweet spot are relatively large for what they offer. I would agree VT80 will be more difficult to generate power than 88D due to the NAMD technology.

Coming from using ARC ZS, I wouldn't consider dealing with mishit a consideration choosing a racquet. Just play your game right, time your shot right instead of dealing with mishit.

7. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

Did you find the 88D head heavier than VT80? Which did you find easier or less fatigue to use?

8. Carbonex_7

I have my VT80 in 4U and 88D in 3U, not really a fair comparison. But I can play my 4U 88S for 3 hours non stop, definitely not with VT80.

9. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

I tried it the other day for session but didn't get that defence feedback or bouce I get from my Arc11 or MX80 maybe thats to do with HH or flex?

Timing was all off when I switched back to normal racket so maybe not used to it yet as couldn't smash through the defences like my normal rackets.

10. Carbonex_7

Astrox has a rotational generator system which give you the awful feel at the beginning but after you get use to it, it is lovely.

11. SULLY

SULLY New Member

Hi your story is very similar to mine I played with the voltric 80 but then moved to victor js 12 and loved it. But since I have broken the js 12, I can't seem to find the racket that has power and speed. I've tried the astrox 88d pro 4u but lacks the power. 3u might be good in power bit might be bit slow in defence like the voltric 80.

12. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

I wonder what you'd think about the Adidas Überschall F2... Any chance you can try it? It's a speed racket with some weight in the head and a nice amount of flex to help with easy power (without feeling like a flexy racket). Give it a try if you get the chance.

Unfortunately, I've never tried the F2.1, so I cannot comment on that.

13. SULLY

SULLY New Member

Thanks for that I'll see if its available in the UK. How do you think 88d pro would be in a 3u.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

14. Robin Hardwick

Robin Hardwick Regular Member

I also bought an Astrox 88D Pro 3U but i found it not manouverable at all. I loved the Voltric 80 3U, somehow it wasnt as head heavy as the Astrox 88D Pro 3U though:confused:

I think the lacking in power for the 88D Pro also depends on your technique and what you find most important: having a heavy racket with big smashes but 0 defense in doubles or a Quick racket although power is a bit less