Danisa DENMARK Open 2018 : Round of 32-Final (16-21 October)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

The Male Umpire in the last match of the Day on Court 1 had a male crush on Lin Dan. By the third set, I accuse Wangcharoen of developing one as well....It takes away from Lin Dan's effort of putting his knowledge and skill to work for once.

In Round 2, we have the Battle of Underachievers hoping to cope with their magnitude of talent - Lin Dan vs Кидамби Шрикант

khoai likes this.
  2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

For easier countings though, there were 13 seeds out in ChinaOpen for the 1st 2Rounds where you can consider it as an upsets. Let see if this tour have more or less.

3. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    With a heavy heart I had to say Good bye to my favourites on the first day of Danish open itself

First PVS who played well but I guess slight errors handed the game over to Biewing who I have to admit is probably the only player i see full spliting and quickly coming back to her position..So Respect to Biewing and Good Luck to her...And Better luck next time PVS you gave a good match.
    Now AY is the only Favourite of mine thats left but with her current form..I doubt it.

Secondly,It was SYQ who was ousted in 2 sets by the Indian Sameer Verma..Im not really pleased with SYQ in this tournament..I exepected him to at least go down fighting and take a single set for the least but wrapping up in 2 sets..As his Jumbo Fan Very very upsetting.
    Still love ya SYQ..but plz up your game.

Other Upsets included
    CL-: Watched it and i was rooting for him however the Hong Konger ousted him in two straight sets..Sad

CM -: HAPPY she is out.

ASG -: He played extremely well but somebody had to win and someone had to lose so no worries ASG you played extremely well and you have nothing but a very bright future ahead.

Lets see what Day 2 has for us in store...Waiting to see GFJ and TTY against their opponents.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

• The downfall of Olympic Champions highlight tournament first day. Chen Long continues slump performance, losing narrowly to Ng Ka Long, trailing behind 8-14 Ng turned the tables to frustrate Chen and took crucial opening game 22-20 and the case became comfortable in next game, 21-15.
    • Later on, the in-form Carolina Marin was shocked by local hopeful Mia Blichfeldt in tight contest, 19-21 / 21-14 / 19-21. Another upset in WS category mentions Pusarla Sindhu couldn't pass Zhang Beiwen in three games, Akane Yamaguchi also Saina Nehwal survived through tough matches, these two players will facing each other in last sixteen.
    • China has double blow in MS department as third seed and All England champion Shi Yuqi who's considered to be next leading player ran out of idea and creativity against the underdog Indian Sameer Verma. The underperformed Shi also suffered first round exit in JPN Open Super 750 last month, lost to Khosit Phetpradab. Big match between Kento Momota versus Anthony Ginting saw the Japanese took revenge here to eliminate CHN Open champion in long duration marathon battle, 21-18 / 21-23 / 21-15. Also through to second round, Chinese hero Lin Dan who downed Thailand promising star Kantaphon Wangcharoen in rubber games, 21-13 / 14-21 / 21-7.
    • In mixed doubles discipline, Watanabe/Higashino created excellent comeback to defeat He JY/Du Y, two points away for the Chinese to seal the match, 19-13 but the fighter Japanese refused to give up and scored six consecutive points to level the scoreline and momentum swung to All England Champion to prevail, 21-17 / 17-21 / 23-21.
    ROUND OF 32 - PART II (top-half of draw) | (09.00am, 3 courts) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=7285EA57-347D-4D3B-AD28-2EFBD4890DDB

It'sMeMeMe and azerez like this.
  5. minions

minions Regular Member

It's Beiwen, not Biewing. You spelled her name wrong. Her full name is Zhang Beiwen. You can call her Beiwen Zhang if you want.

From WS category, now that CM is out, TTY is the strongest contender to win the title provides that she is in her best form. AY doesn't seem to be in her best form. She had to win in 3 sets against Corralez. If TTY loses, this category is wide open for everyone.

6. lurker

lurker Regular Member

Saw a Jan o rant on his IG, where he is Salty he missed out the Denmark open when Wang Tzu Wei staged a walkover instead of pulling out of the competition

buibui2 likes this.
  7. Anks

Anks Regular Member

TTY has to past through GAO before we could consider her safe..So I will wait to see how her and GFJ's match goes when they meet in the next round.

Looking at GMT's game I think she is playing well and If concentrate more on her fitness she could give an upset any day.

Lets see what happens

stanleyfm likes this.
  8. minions

minions Regular Member

Yeah, I did post about it here.

I believe in GMT. With CM and PVS out, GMT's path to semifinal is wide open. I believe she can reach SF.

9. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I strongly belive so myself however We cant take ZB lightly..she has some great on court splitting abilities and gives her best everytime shes on court...but GMT has the agility to outclass her lets hope she does.

Though with Olympic Gold and silvers out I expect nothing but at least a podium finish from GMT...if she doesnt Id very upset as I have watched her play lately and I like her play..just hope she plays consistent and dont make those tired faces which I hate about her.

Go GMT !!

10. minions

minions Regular Member

GMT did beat ZBW in China Open last month. She is getting more consistent now since Uber Cup 2018. As of now, she can handle any players outside of top 10. There are some things that needs to be improved like stamina and mental toughness. But, I think GMT can resolve her shortcomings before Olympic comes.

Woman.in.Red, stanleyfm and Anks like this.
  11. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Agree....Her stamina is what worries me and more than that her display of extreme tiredness..But I think shes getting stronger day by day so Lets hope for the best.

12. indrg

indrg Regular Member

GMT still can't beat Intanon though.

13. minions

minions Regular Member

RI is still a top ten player.

14. wade

wade Regular Member

zhang nan are too error prone nowadays

15. wade

wade Regular Member

ricky are so fun to watch when he's playing well

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

ZhangNan have regressed a lot.

I have no idea if he should choose to play MD or XD better.

He is certainly not a power smasher in XD and MD, if his partner is a liability, i think he is too.

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

If the CHN team could find a suitable MD partner for Zhang Nan, I am sure he will put 150% more of his effort in it Morten.

18. wade

wade Regular Member

couldn't agree more, I think dubai ssf last year was probably the last time I've seen zhang nan played really well, or should I say exceptional.

19. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

Why is Zhang/Li is unseeded? Aren't they world top 8? Ranked 6th I think?

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In the 3rd set,I could sense both Momota and Ginting began to tire but the latter more so towards the end while the former kept up his pace, even stepped it up a bit to finish the opponent off with a string of points. As both of them are at the same level, it's normal for one or the other not to win too many times in a row.

I think Ginting should work on his stamina to match Momota's in that regard.