Looking for new shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by ucantseeme, Oct 20, 2018.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hello guys,

after I went through my 3rd pair of P9200 and have a SHB65 as spare, I'm looking for a new shoes.

Requirements:

- wide
    - good cushion
    - good support
    - good grip

I was really satisfied with the P9200. Is a 9300 a good update and does it anything better? I also like the SHB65, but due lower heel, less support I'm not interested in Yonex. Also the Li Ning Ranger is on my list. Any thoughts and experience with it? Can't decide between P9200 again, P9300 or the Ranger. The P9200 got always stripped at the mesh area for breathing. I managed to break it 3 times in a row at the same spot after 8 month, so I would like to try something different. I need to buy online, so no near shops, so I need to order for try on. Shared experience is welcome. :)

2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I feel like the 03Z perfectly satisfies all your requirements

ucantseeme likes this.
  3. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Really? I always had the impression that the 03Z is something for feet of elves instead of kind of orks like me? In the 65 I can't use my custom insoles. It feels weird.

zoltan likes this.
  4. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Well it's wider for wide feet, and has same cushion and grip as other yonex stuff. I like it for the extra ankle support.

5. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    are you thinking of aerus? those ones are really narrow.

there's also 65 Wide if you're seeking that fit, but i feel the Comfort fits my wide feet better than 03

6. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I know that there is a 65 Wide. But it's not that the 65 is too narrow its support is not high enough. I really like the 65, but with my insoles I get the feel to swim lateral, because the support is not stable/high enough. With stock they are okay, but due the low heel it get sometimes issues with my achilles tendons. So I would prefer a shoe towards the P9200. It has a raised heel and is very very stable. Somebody who never had Victor shoes will not get what I mean. I know that many people are happy with Yonex shoes, but I'm not interested in any Yonex.

7. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Strangely.. yonex shoes are.. the ones that fit my feet the most. And my feet are wide. Like one size/2 than the normal shoes. I have a problem with football/futsal shoes too.
    Strangely.. li ling ranger.. have no size that i have. 27 cm.

(Or at least the stores here)

8. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    nah i understand the, my next pair is gonna be Kawasaki because from trying them on i have a feeling they either OEM or use the same factory as Victor but at a better price. maybe see if you can try on any of the K-6_ _

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I'm based in Germany. We don't have all these snowflake brands here. So please don't recommend anything to try which is available somewhere else or don't related to the OP.

As I said in the OP I consider a specific type of shoes. I also narrowed down to buy a PS9200 again, or a PS9300 if it is superior. I also consider to buy a Li Ning Ranger (latest and only highend pair I can get). I also had experience with Yonex shoes in the past. Maybe somebody don't agree with my impressions of Yonex shoes, which is okay, but I don't want a Yonex, unless it fit the requirements.

I'm happy with Victor shoes since 2010. Tried different brands in between like Yonex and Asics, but always went back and went through 8 highend pairs from Victor in total and had never a bad shoe.

It could be that Fleet, Apacs, Kawasaki, Cheego, Dunlop and so on also make good shoes which fit my requirements but that's not what I'm asking for. It's nice that you all wanna try to help me, but I order only inside my country. If I order outside I will loose money due the returning.

Previous P9200 users (maybe @Ch1k0 @visor) can share what they choosed after it, but as long as every feet is different, the safest reference is what worked out well for me and not for anybody else.

10. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    sorry bromo didn't mean to derail good luck in your search

11. khoai

khoai Regular Member

Victor shoes (and Yonex) are generally in 3 categories: support, all around and speed (P, A and S for Victor). The numbers usually mean generations or high-end / low-end production. So if you happy with the P9000 line, it's very safe to go for the next generation given the appearance is ok with you. There are other P shoes that you can try are P8510 which based on the classic LYD 8500.

For Yonex, its support series is very limited, currently only Comfort Z is available (and an older version, Comfort tour). Adidas is not bad in this category with the Quickforce 7 but not without some design flaws.

I go through a pair shoes every 3-6 months and I'm old so only support shoes for me. Been switching between Victor, Yonex and Adidas and they all fit more or less the same. Victor and Yonex seem to be closer.

Saru, zoltan, visor and 1 other person like this.
  12. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I have used Victor shoes for 5 years. So far I have had 3 pairs of A850 and 2 pairs of A920. I tried the P9100 also but did not feel as comfortable in that shoe as I did with the A series. I can highly recommend the Allround series of Victor shoes, the grip is excellent, cushion is good, its stable without being too stable or feeling bulky. I have recently ordered the A960 and eagerly awaits the mailman to deliver them :D

Before I used Victor I had yonex SHB102, SHB F1 ltd and SHB 01. I think the Victor A series are better. I also tried Li-Ning Hero 1 and it was heavy and not very agile but cool and eye catching :p

13. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Never tried Victor's shoes but I've switched over to the LN Ranger from SHB65W and quite like it.
    The white, low-cut version definitely has a lower heel cap compared to SHB65W which needed some getting used to at first.

The biggest difference I've noticed is the insole is surprisingly durable and comfortable after time compared to Yonex insoles.
    Insoles of my previous Yonex shoes only last 3~4 months max but the insoles of my rangers still look new after the same amount of time.

The largest problem with LN Ranger gen 1 is the transparent sole is not very durable.
    Many users over at badmintoncn had complained that the sole tread pattern had totally worn flat after a few months (as early as 3~6 months).
    It's most severe in the left foot big toe area from lunging (for right-handed players).
    This was apparently rectified in the gen 2 model released not too long ago. It's basically a different shoe, totally different design.

ucantseeme likes this.
  14. necrohiero

Student

which ones are 1st gen, and which ones are the second gen??

15. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

17072110255719214.jpg Ranger 1.0: Regular low-cut or high-cut sock boot thingy
    18062016041588381.jpg Ranger 2.0: Only high-cut with sock boot thingy
    credits to aiyuke

necrohiero likes this.
  16. necrohiero

Student
    Thanks.
    The 2.0 is.. not yet available anywhere in Germany.. Curious about the sock thingy.

17. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Decided and bought P9300. Got exactly what I expected. An upgraded version of my beloved P9200. Slightly different cut, bulletproof at the ankle, advanced seams (much more comfortable in the forefoot area), advanced sole (P9200 was in the forefoot area a big stiff) and no mesh anymore which tear quickly on my right foot after thousands of lunges. Don't regret, my new perfect shoe. I can recommend any lover of P9200 @s_mair the P9300. Victor mastered to made a better 9200. I'm really stunned.

Sundis and s_mair like this.
  18. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    i will consider victor as my next since my stupid hammer/greek toe is catching up to me

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It is now. I'm also curious, but I'm still fairly new to my low-cut Ranger and have no need for a new pair quite yet. The sock material seems quite robust, and fairly tight, so it'll compress the very low calf/Achilles area slightly. Since there's no muscle there it'll probably be mainly for comfort/warmth. The sole on the ranger is a bit susceptible to dusty floors, I'll have to say, but great on clean ones and mats.

20. necrohiero

Student
    Not lucky enough to play on mats...

What size do you buy? Is the size comparable to the other brands?