Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Islubio

Islubio Regular Member

Anyone in Singapore knows where to get a n9ii black pink at a good deal?

2. namcho

namcho New Member

Hi guys. I need your help. I'm in a dilemma of choosing between N7ii, N9ii, and also TC 70, 75.

I'm an all-around player, maybe a bit more a front guy in double, but still have decent smashes. If I don't have a good-smashing partner, I'll stay in the back for better control of the game. I have a BS 12 which I love. But it would be perfect if it is a little head-heavier and stiffer (for better smash, of course).
    I want to try Li-ning this time, but can not decide which one to choose from the above racquets. N7ii is stiffer, but N9ii has more weight on the head. And to make it worse, Li-ning just released the new TC 70, 75. :eek::eek::eek:

Have any of you guys had chance to check the TC 70, 75? From the specs, they are quite identical to N7ii, N9ii, respectively. However, how do they actually feel in play?

Thank you guys.

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

To ease up things a bit, be aware that TC70=N7II and TC75=N9II. And based on your description, I would tend towards N7II/TC70. It's just s great doubles racket. Although the N9II/TC75 is very close overall and just slightly more head heavy and more flexible.

4. namcho

namcho New Member

Thank you for your reply. From Li-ning, I got that TC70 is the "new" N7ii, with some added technologies. However, do you know how that affects the feeling of the racquet? Because the little change could totally change a racquet, I'm wondering if it worth it to try the new ones.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

So far, the feedback has been that the rackets are identical. Nice try by Li-Ning to sell their old stuff once more with new tags on it...

6. namcho

namcho New Member

Good play by Li-ning.:confused::confused::confused:

7. namcho

namcho New Member

Anyway, still confusing between N7ii and N9ii. I'm a bit leaning to N9ii for the color, it's too beautiful. And for front game, I've got BS 12.:D:D:D just the stiffness bother me. Many people say it's more flexible compare to BS 12.

8. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

I previously used a BS12 until it broke. I decided to get a N7ii as a replacement in hopes that it would be similar but more durable as well. Final verdict is that they're similar but not the same. The N7ii is more difficult to use (due to having a stiffer shaft and the same head weight) as a result my play is more inconsistent (having higher highs and lower lows).

That being said, I still enjoy using my N7ii and ended up getting a second one. I think the N9ii might be more similar to the BS12 than the N7ii but I haven't used it extensively. However, since you mentioned you wanted something more stiff and more head heavy consider the TC 75C. It's not as stiff as an N7ii but is more head heavy than both. I'm personally very interested in as someone who was looking for the same thing as you were. Still awaiting reviews or an opportunity to demo it.

9. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

I have the 75D and I love it at front court. It's 4U, more head heavy than n7ii or n9ii but as stiff as n7ii and with a longer handle/shorter shaft. I ended up adding 1g on the head for more power since shuttles are slow in Vietnam. But I would totally play the 75D as it is if I were playing in France.

10. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

Careful though, the 75C headweight puts it in borderline singles racket territory. It might be a long while until it becomes your go-to doubles racket.

11. namcho

namcho New Member

So how do you compare the stiffness between N9ii and BS 12? If they are comparable, I'm interested.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I checked the TC75C, but as @robfitsy 's comment, I'm afraid that it might not be suitable for double.

yenyesoh likes this.
  12. namcho

namcho New Member

Sounds promising! Can you write a short review on it? How's the smash? And what is the closest racquet to it? I added 1g on my BS 12 too, so I hope I don't have to do it with the new racquet.:D
    Thank you.:p:p:p

13. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

You can find a short review here and an update on page 8 : https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...-calibar-turbocharging-aeronaut.177379/page-7

I guess your BS12 is 3U so if you already added weight on it, there is no way a 4U racket can generate the same amount of power without a really heavy head..

namcho likes this.
  14. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

Well I'm an all-around player but personally prefer playing singles so that's fine by me.
    I don't own a N9ii so I can't comment too much since I only tried it a few times but never a full game. I believe some people who have tried both said the feel similar (the N7ii and N9ii) and the stiffness of the N7ii is the standout trait. So I drew the conclusion that since I felt that my N7ii is stiffer than my BS12 the N9ii could be a better fit.

I also don't believe that rackets are determined by spec which event they are played in. If you like the racket then you should use it, there's almost always another reason how you can improve your play that does the racket itself. Best option for you is to try them out before buying. The N9ii is likely a safer bet if you haven't played with stiffer rackets.

yenyesoh and namcho like this.
  15. namcho

namcho New Member

I've decided to go for the N9 ii, or TC 75B, whichever is available. Base on the review from you guys, it's closer to my BS 12 than the N7 ii. Hopefully it'll arrive before Thanksgiving. Thank you guys, let's see how it works for me.:cool::cool::cool:

16. Vivi Rayn

Vivi Rayn New Member

Siiick racket and well taken photos! :)

17. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Is it for me? Thanks?

18. ne_bad_minton

ne_bad_minton Regular Member

engineer
    Is there 4U from 75 series? I remember last time N9ii has only 3U.

19. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

The 75D is 4U and 75I is 5U ;)

20. ne_bad_minton

ne_bad_minton Regular Member

engineer
    Good news! I feel 3U heavy after one hour of intensive game. I should get a 75D as second racquet then.

pierreyj likes this.