Zheng Si Wei ( 郑思维 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by volcom, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Master

Master Regular Member

CBA don't have any other option, they should do whatever possible before take the final decision just in time when the Olympics qualification start. I'm sure that CBA won't take this double duty running for so long time or even for Olympics preparation at all. They know the consequences IF they apply this double duties (again) for Olympics.

Let's see, if Wang Yilyu/Zheng Siwei manage to pass Li/Liu today, it will give the opportunity to play in the next tournament, possibly in 2019 since there is no other tournament's registration for 2018, except the only 3 IC/IS tournament (week 51).

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's probably just done to give them some MD match practice in case they want to try them out in it. Zheng being good at XD doesn't mean he's any good at MD, at all. Most of what makes him strong in XD is not nearly as useful in MD, and his weaknesses get exposed much more there. What I've seen of him in MD really doesn't encourage hopes of him "lifting" the MD department, much less when not partnering an experienced, versatile partner such as ZN who can mentor him and somewhat cover his weaknesses until they get patched up.

3. Master

Master Regular Member

That's why I mentioned earlier that Zhang Nan/Zheng Siwei combination is better than putting Zheng Siwei along with Wang Yilyu together in MD.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

That might be true, But the concern I have with Zhang Nan pairing with Zheng is that this pair won't be going to Tokyo 2020.

5. Master

Master Regular Member

Zheng Siwei had ever played MD with Lu Kai at INA Master 2018. I would say that Lu Kai wasn't the right partner for Zheng Siwei.

Sometime the experiment pair need to be tested in real tournament then get some notable marks about their prospect in the future.

We didn't know exactly what's going on there, but some upcoming "big events" should be the reason. If it isn't for Olympics, maybe a surprising exposure for something. China is the host of 2019 Sudirman Cup, plan A, plan B, plan C, etc should be in the bag as earlier as possible. China will get back the trophy from Korea while they're become the host.

Maybe they notice the comeback of LYD/KGJ as well... :D

Again, who knows that Zheng Siwei/Wang Yilyu, World Rank number 1481 could make a breakthrough.

BTW H2H of Li/Liu against ZN/LC is 5-1, IMO ZN/LC couldn't do anything against Li/Liu at all.

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

And H2H of Zheng/Huang against Wang/Huang is 6-0...

You don't understand my point. It has nothing to do with Zheng playing MD at all. But pairing him with Zhang Nan would take away ZN's chance to go to Tokyo 2020. That's my only concern.

Hm.. LYD/KGJ shouldn't be any trouble for CHN pairs, in my opinion.

7. Master

Master Regular Member

I think that even without any pairing changing, ZN/LC chance to Tokyo is decreasing from time to time with the rising Han Chengkai/Zhou Haodong. In XD, Zhang Nan/Li Yinhui's chance to qualify for Tokyo is smaller than Zhang Nan/Liu Cheng.

When I revealed the H2H of ZN/LC that show the stagnant performance of this pair against the currently poor form of Li/Liu. It doesn't related with Wang/Huang 0-6 H2H against the dominant No.1 XD

Wang/Huang may lost forever against Zheng/Huang, but it doesn't mean any pair would easily beat Wang/Huang. While 1-5 H2H of ZN/LC also describing the performance of ZN/LC against the other top MD currently.

And yes, it seems that your point is more about Zhang Nan while my point of view is more about CHN MD overall which need one more strong pair.

Another statistics is this year Win-Loss:
    - Li/Liu : 37 / 11 = 77.08% winning rate
    - Han CK/ Zhou HD : 33 / 14 = 70.21% winning rate
    - ZN/LC : 23 / 13 = 63.88% winning rate

You could notice that ZN/LC left behind in their winning rate.

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

My point in stating the H2H of Zheng/Huang vs Huang/Wang was that the H2H between the same country players didn't really say much (at least to me) because they know each other so well from the training.

Yes, I understand that you were talking about the general CHN MD. That was why I only responded to the Zhang Nan to be paired with Zheng for a long term partnership. It is there for everyone to see that Liu/Zhang not doing so well, and some of us have expressed out loud that ZN should be paired with someone else who could show more improvement.

And you can't argue if I say that any pair can easily beat Li/Liu too at the moment. Han/Zhou, though full of potentials, I see their rising up has something to do with the other top pairs performing really below their usual standard for the past few months and I don't see them doing double duties like He Jiting or Zhang Nan for example.

9. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

10. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Is HYQ dating another fellow Chinese shuttler? Because I just totally ship them

11. mantoufist

mantoufist Regular Member

Yup, MD's Huang Kaixiang.

buibui2 likes this.
  12. minions

minions Regular Member

I did heard about it. But, it feels strange to me because they have the same surname. It will be problematic if HYQ-HKX couple goes to the marriage stage. AFAIK, Chinese culture doesn't allow people marries with the same surname people.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No longer prohibited, that same surname marriage prohibition law was removed in 1910. Legally and culturally, permitted, except Article 7a. if the man and the woman are lineal relatives by blood or collateral relatives by blood up to the third degree of kinship - see Marriage Law of PRC http://jafbase.fr/docAsie/Chine/MarriageLaw.pdf

Also note: Article 10 If any of the following circumstances occurs, the marriage shall be invalid: a. if either party is a bigamist; b. if both parties are in the kinship that is forbidden from getting married by law.

How Degrees of Kinship Are Calculated Under Chinese Law - https://blogs.loc.gov/law/2017/08/how-degrees-of-kinship-are-calculated-under-chinese-law/

Do you realize how many people bear the same surname (family name or last name) in China ? https://www.thechairmansbao.com/the-ten-most-common-surnames-in-china/

#53 Justin L, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    buibui2 and kaffars like this.
  14. minions

minions Regular Member

Eh, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing this. I must be very conservative about this.

15. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

he really is the next zhang nan. hopefully after the olympics we could see him playing in md more.

16. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Better than Zhang Nan easily

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

We'll see after he wins Olympic and 3 WC Golds :D

buibui2, Saru and Vannieboy like this.
  18. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

^-^ We are done here

19. minions

minions Regular Member

Somewhat not fair. Zhang Nan was doing double duties for years. ZSW has never got proper chance to do double duties.

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Those are just XD titles. Overall he has 2 OG and 4 WC Golds...